PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Options

Comments

• K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Continuing above on phone

Sat

IN : Nothing

OUT : Nairns choc chip oat cookies, more hot cross bun loaf ,two bags of propercorn, one microwave popcorn, last of diet coke (from ocado), one tin of lentils, one tin of chickpeas, one rin of tomatoes, two onions, last of garlic, large carrot, one sweet potato, last of sweetcorn, packet of couscous, portion of pasta, last of ratatouille, vegan chocs, roses, last of fish (for cat)

Sun

IN : Nothing

OUT : packed lunch bits, tea/sugar, hot cross bun loaf, spread, vegan ham , vegan cheese, lettuce, bag of crisps, half jar of sweet and sour (leftover from batch cooking , was DD1s), cup of rice, last of quorn fillets, peppers x 1.5, onions x 3, large carrot, parsnip, turnips x 3, 400g tomatoes x 2, last of old cherry tomatoes,paprika, 1/3 bag of vegan beef strips
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Ginmonster
    Ginmonster Posts: 617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!

I had a lovely weekend away in a very rainy Paris but I really enjoyed how excited my 4 year old was about going on an aeroplane, seeing the Eiffel Tower, eating pain au chocolat (that was the best obvs). Back to reality again today and using up all the things that have wilted over the weekend. I'm working from home so I think some soup made out of the saddest looking veg in the fridge will be a good idea. :-)

Jensfeet - I hope you feel well enough soon to enjoy some of your Cypriot goodies.
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 6 March 2017 at 12:29PM
    Options
    in nothing
    out some lemon sole, casserole,bacon and a loaf
  • Franalamadingdong
    Options
    Oh ginmonster, that sounds lovely, even with the rain.

Took milk, bread and sausages out of the freezer. Then I went shopping and my two free shelves are filling up again!!! Maybe I should remove them after emptying so I can't refill it!
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    edited 6 March 2017 at 8:04PM
    Options
    Today

IN : went to Morrisons, and found 9 x dairy free pancake mixes, (too good to pass up at 50p each), also 2 x gluten free tomato sauces (but got them just because they were cheaper than their cheapest ketchup), strawberries, blueberries, onions, YS burger buns (for tomorrow incase DD1stays for tea ..we also have parents evening), loaf, avocado,twopacks of cookies.

OUT : packed lunch bits, tea/sugar, hot cross bun loaf, spread, coffee, trek bar, lastof fishless fingers, handful of peas, two sausage patties, three hash browns, large amount of mayflower curry, bag of homemade, seitan chunks, five mushrooms, sprinkle of coconut/sultanas, last two sweet potatoes, pack of cookies between me and DD2 for pudding (was going to do pancakes as still not had any, but far too tired), last of sparkling water

Had meal planned for spaghetti bolognese but forgot the tomatoes
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yesterday and today:
    In - nothing
    Out- ready meal lasagne, root veg mash, pkt of maderia wine gravy
    Use up - LO belly pork, sweet potato wedges
    Binned (whoops) - a couple of spoons of LO roasted tomatoes found lurking in the oven
  • Maiden_Mum
    Maiden_Mum Posts: 164 Forumite
    Options
    1 packet of sausages out & then 1 packet of yellowed sticker sausages near enough immediately put back in! 1 portion of beef casserole also used up plus some sprouting potatoes for making mash.
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Everything has been out for the past 6 weeks but today:
    In:
    3 packs rtc m&m cookies frozen
    1 x bag sausages
    1 x bag of chicken pieces.
    6 slices of pizza.
  • Hollyberry
    Hollyberry Posts: 837 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In: two ready made free from chicken curries, one bar dairy free chocolate, gluten and dairy free sourdough loaf, gluten free nut loaf mix

Out: soy yoghurt, eggs, bacon, the dairy free chocolate mentioned above (boomerang!), strawberries, blueberries, bananas, beans, mushrooms.

OH has left a note on the landing to say that the downstairs lights have fused. Too dark to make my way down to the cellar yet. Just hoping it's not the ground floor sockets too, and if so, that we can sort it in good time before the freezer thaws. I have the cup of frozen water with a penny on top, so I'll be able to tell if it's thawed. If that's the case, then there will be a whole lot of OUT tomorrow. ;)

I need to head out for meetings I can't cancel, so I've left him a big note in reply. Fingers crossed!
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Over the last few days bit and bobs have been coming out of the freezer, I even found some HM icecream from before Christmas.
    Not been too great so I haven't really kept track of exactly has been used. However, nothing has gone in which is a bonus and I haven't spent any money so far this month on food - also a bonus but that is about to change today as I'll do an online shop but mainly for fruit/veg and non-food bulk buys.

I'm back on the diet. Suffolk Lass I googled the diet you are doing, it looks good so I started on it but it went a bit astray last week due to what I now think was a trapped nerve.

Pleasant day at the moment and I'm feeling more upbeat, I do find the weather affects my mood.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback