Things can only get better

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,482 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Friday night was brilliant, haven't enjoyed myself so much in years. Nice meal, then off to the theatre, Rip it up the 70s, was fabulous, danced all the way through. Went for another drink afterwards, met up with some other friends also in town. Cost a bloomin' fortune though, drinks not cheap in city centre :eek:

DD had to cook Mr SA's dinner Friday night :rotfl:

Still not well :( Didn't go to Insanity today although pottered about in the garden tidying up while Mr SA relaxed and watched the rugby. I also had to walk the dog twice. No rest for the wicked as my mum used to say.

Not done finances or meal plan today, ran out of time. New budget starts tomorrow, the monies start coming in thankfully.

Hoping to start feeling better from tomorrow, got a busy week ahead and need to get back to normal.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Sunshine_girl2
    Options
    Your night out sounded just what you needed. Hope you continue to improve health wise during the week.
    Debt free April 26th 2021

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    So glad you had a great night out Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,620 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The night out sounded just what you needed.
    It’ll do dd good to cook for her dad once in a while :T
    January spends - £587.58
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Sounds as though you had a great night.

Laughed about your DD having to cook tea, maybe you could ask her if she would like to make it a weekly event:rotfl:.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    I wouldn't call it cooking you two - it was a frozen pizza :rotfl: DD is no domestic goddess by any stretch of the imagination.

Still got the lurgy :( The aching has gone though so must be on the mend, full of cold though, my nose is red raw, fed up of it :(

Bought another Christmas present today - a pair of PJs for DD from Mr S with the 25% off.

Meant to be going to DS's on Saturday to see the GKs, they've got some marine fish Mr SA wants to see. Hopefully will feel better by then.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    The night out sounded just what you needed.
    It’ll do dd good to cook for her dad once in a while :T

I agree. DD's cooking may give Mr SA a new appreciation of your culinary efforts :rotfl:.

Sorry you've got the lurgy, there seem to be some awful colds around at the moment. Hopefully you'll get rid of it soon.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Happy Thursday folks :)

Feeling a lot better now, still a bit snuffly but no aching or sore throat :)

Been working from home today. Weather has been awful so glad I did.

Mr SA driving me nuts, he broke the zip on his coat and started going on about needing a new one. I went in the cupboard under the stairs and emerged with 6 coats of his, all forgotten about. Then looked at his zip and it wasn't broken after all!!!!! He's started up on the nothing to wear pester, he has loads of clothes, some hardly worn, I wouldn't mind but all he does is sit in a chair/lay in bed watching TV all day.

Not going to see the GKs on Saturday, weather forecast isn't great and neither of us feel like standing on a freezing cold train station platform.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better SA and good to hear you had a great night night out too. You want to make sure you have more of them. Mr SA will be able to survive on DD's frozen pizzas every now again and she can throw in some frozen chips and peas as well!:rotfl:

Hope Mr SA forgets about the pester list!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,620 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No point standing around in rubbish weather, especially when you’re not 100% - wise decision. You’ll get to see the fish another time. We have tropical fish and dh has often talked about getting marine fish. I think they’re beautiful but the cost and work involved always pits dh off. I think I can guess what’ll be on Mr SAs wish list once he’s seen them.....
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure