🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Things can only get better

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Milann we had tropical fish years ago, they were a nightmare always dying. Thankfully Mr SA has done his time with exotic fish and is happy with the pond fish.

Been on a resilience workshop today at work, was very interesting and useful. Unbelievable to hear what some people go through, puts things into perspective.

Now I feel better I’ll be back at WW tomorrow and Insanity on Sunday :eek:

Mr SA has done something to his phone and it won’t work :(

So happy to feel normal again :j
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,273 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better!

Mr SA's coats... I suggest you get hold of some delivery boxes and have some of the unused coats 'arrive' on the door step from time to time. :D
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,273 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    P.S. Do remember to check the pockets before 'sending' them though!
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options

Mr SA's coats... I suggest you get hold of some delivery boxes and have some of the unused coats 'arrive' on the door step from time to time. :D

What a brilliant idea :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:.

I'm also glad you're feeling better SA, just in time to have a lovely weekend I hope :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,723 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options

Love it :T
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

I agree! Great idea!:rotfl:

Glad you're feeling more like your old self SA and hope you're enjoying a sunny Sunday!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Fab idea Cherry :rotfl: He's currently loving his new found furry zip up hoodie.

Weather has been lovely today to make up for yesterday's torrential rain. It was glorious on the park with the dog running through the autumn leaves in the sunshine.

Back at Insanity this morning, felt fine afterwards, it's good to feel normal again. Have booked in for Kettlefit on Thursday and will be back at Pilates on Wednesday.

Weigh in at WW yesterday, stayed the same, happy with that as still 2.5lbs under goal and I wasn't exactly on plan last week and did very little exercise apart from walking to/from work.

Week 1 of new budget done, spent more than planned but the first week is always like that stocking up on what's run out. Need to rein it in a bit next week to balance it back again. Bought a couple of clothing bits for Mr SA in the Tu 25% which has added to the spend. Today has been a NSD, could do with a few more of them.

Finances done: VSP £539.37, aiming for £550.00 by the end of the month. CC balance is now down to £108.07, should be cleared in the next couple of weeks. Payday on Thursday, had a payrise in June, don't get excited only 2% and last month it was back paid so this month will be the first time I'll know what the true new amount will be, estimating £20 a month, not a lot but better than nothing.

Hope everyone has had a good day :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Sunshine_girl2
    Options
    Glad to hear you are feeling better and back at the gym. The weather was indeed lovely today after yesterday's wash out .

Have a good week.
    Debt free April 26th 2021

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,723 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a good week :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,649 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pleased to hear you are feeling better. Glad Mr SA is happy with his coat stash.
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport