PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Good morning - just :rotfl: but won’t be when I send this post :rotfl:

Woke at 7:00 a.m. to pouring rain :( so went back to bed ;) still raining at 9:00 so back to bed ;) & then DH woke me up with a mug of tea at 11:30 :o to brilliant sunshine 🌞 :T so thought I would get up :rotfl:
    Plans for today include a trip to sm, more garage tidying & maybe even sorting the freezers :D

Straight into cheerleading whilst drinking my tea :D

Well Done A Frayed Knot :T you have been busy :T & keeping going :T

Well Done somerandom :T I especially liked no. 240 :rotfl:

Way to go Beshki :T I do like that you have worked so hard at the decluttering that even having a CS bag hanging around is an assault on your senses :rotfl: A Gold Star ⭐️ for you Beshki :T
    Surprising how helpful writing things down can be - I really must get back to writing lists (I have been rather lax for a while now :o) Is your Dad a clutterer? or has he accepted the glass dolphins as you do his cleaning :rotfl:

Off to write a list :rotfl:

MrsSD
    746/2019
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    236. Coat hanger binned
    237. Plastic clothes bags binned
    238-250. Calling this a few items as got rid of all the wood to the tip from built-in wardrobes and wall partition
    251. Old ripped up wallpaper to tip

252. Chandelier to tip
    253. Old curtains and rail to tip
    254. Taps and connectors into charity bag
    255-256. Light shades into charity bag.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 March 2019 at 10:33PM
    Options
    *150 framed certificate that I should of handed over to where it should have gone ages ago-done
    *151 more birthday presents sent(3 altogether but counting as one parcel, again had these presents
    hanging around for ages, it's great when u get something for someone at a great price but then u
    have to factor in storage)
    *152 found some packaging for the presents in storecupboard.
    *153 v-shaped pillow-binned. Very well used but a right state.can now use the back up I have

Nothing more neutral wise sent out, working on my final box and then that should most of the neutral items out of the house.
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Congratulations Madammim on your new job.

Decluttering at a slower pace. Continuing to make sure that anything that comes into the house that is unwanted ( post) goes straight back out. Have continued to unsubscribe to sites.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • GreenQueen
    GreenQueen Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Also managed to declutter half a tooth while eating pasta....no idea how!! So I am going to have to get into the dentist at some point lol.

C xx

Oh, dear, Chocolatelover 93, in my experience, that also leads to decluttering £££:(

Congratulations MadamMim:T
    2021 - mission declutter and clean - 0/2021
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello all fellow declutterers :wave:
    We were invited to DGS's class assembly this morning, which I thoroughly enjoyed as it was a project on the 60's and a wander down memory lane for us :j. Don't know where all those years have gone though :(. Lovely music, singing, dancing and a snippet of news thrown in ( Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, JFK, the moon landing etc ). Only downside was that refreshments were on sale afterwards along with a raffle. So my purse was decluttered of it's contents.........in hindsight I should have just handed it over at the door :rotfl:. Didn't win a sausage on the raffle, can't even win an argument with myself lately :p

I have been back in the office tidying this afternoon ;). Found a lot more rubbish - a bag full which has been binned, some stuff for the ongoing cs bag, more papers for shredding and some items including a large box of flat pack plastic shelving, which I kindly donated to DH for his shed :rotfl:. I have left some paperwork and computer bits for him to sort through, but I expect I will have to keep nagging him......... er reminding him to get the job finished :D. My next task is to start to sort out the walk in cupboard in the office. I could be gone for some time :eek: :rotfl:.
    MrsSD I had to buy more paint after all, I think it wasn't so much invisible but more imagined :eek:. I could have sworn that I had some :think: but obviously I'm just losing my marbles :rotfl:
    Chocolatelover sorry to read about your tooth. No one needs to declutter that in a hurry!

Keep on going everyone, you are all seem to be getting the job done :T
    Hugs to anyone who needs/wants one and healing vibes to the poorly ones.
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • short_bird
    short_bird Posts: 3,674 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    short_bird, you actually had 109 :p I was hoping for 130 :rotfl::rotfl:
    SO you have 113 :T
    By the way, I would have counted the extra laundry :rotfl:

MrsSD

:rotfl:

114: Glass jar filled with granulated sugar taken to work. :D
    Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
  • no_logo
    no_logo Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Mrs SD,
    Can I ‘borrow’ your mum when she has finished helping you :rotfl: I am sure that there are several of us who would like to borrow your mum :rotfl: maybe we can set up a rota :rotfl::rotfl:

She is a rather great Mum, if I do say so myself. I'll let you know once I get around to cloning her :D
    MK was too intense for me

MK can be intense, I will admit that. I am lucky in that I grew up moving house every few years so I learned early on that the fewer possessions I have, the easier this process was. I definitely feel for anyone who want to de-clutter but might feel trapped by years (or decades) of possessions.

You are very welcome for the tip. I am actually going to adopt two of your rules, I think:
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’

All the best,

No Logo
    No-Spend Challenge Day
  • chupachups4
    chupachups4 Posts: 156 Forumite
    edited 14 March 2019 at 9:35PM
    Options
    718-730: 13 items sold, 107 euros in the travel pot

listed 40 items
    1st goal: 0/936 euros
    2nd goal: 0/15160 euros
  • daisy_1571
    daisy_1571 Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    no_logo wrote: »
    Hi Mrs SD,

She is a rather great Mum, if I do say so myself. I'll let you know once I get around to cloning her :D

MK can be intense, I will admit that. I am lucky in that I grew up moving house every few years so I learned early on that the fewer possessions I have, the easier this process was. I definitely feel for anyone who want to de-clutter but might feel trapped by years (or decades) of possessions.

You are very welcome for the tip. I am actually going to adopt two of your rules, I think:

All the best,

No Logo

:o

Daisy xx :T:rotfl::T
    2022: 3🏅 4⭐ 2023: 5🎖🏅🏅 🎖🏅6 ⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion. Take hold of every moment - anon I'm a clutterbug butterfly 🦋 The difference between what you were yesterday and what you will be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If you aren't already using something in your home, you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure