Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ian011 wrote: »
    It's not 7p per minute.

It's 7p per minute PLUS an Access Charge of up to 14p per minute from landlines or up to 55p per minute from mobiles.

What on earth was the point of splitting my post when the same information is already there?
  • Gazza9999
    Options
    What on earth was the point of splitting my post when the same information is already there?

Very sensitive aren't you ?
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    xxdiddiexx wrote: »

I was told that the 60% discount was a once in a lifetime offer during the life of an account. Don't know how true that is, but I am happy with the 50% discount for 18 months.

Definitely NOT true -I'm in my 3rd period of 60% off now - and I suspect that you will find others who have blagged even better deals repeatedly in the past.
    However, it does appear to be true that they are limiting offers currently - as more and more people leave to use Now TV, Netflix,Amazon etc it will be interesting to see if they maintain the current "hard line":)
  • stocksy6
    stocksy6 Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I feel like i'm being shafted by SKY...

Previous bill £30.49 for sky broadband, variety TV package and phone line (not used, dead money). That was with 50% off.

My contract ended in Jan and they automatically put it back up to £60.

Went to them tonight requesting a new deal and all I got was....

A downgrade on the TV package and yet they wanted to charge me £37 something.

So they want to downgrade my package yet raise my price by 20%. Been with them for 5 years and this is my 'reward.'

Onwards and upwards to the cancellation team I think and see what's out there.
  • pinkgem1000
    Options
    So I followed the advice on MSE to try and get a better deal with sky. Did everything and they only knocked £7.50 off my bill for the same package. I even cancelled and they still didn't offer any better. I'm very disappointed as I've been with sky for 10 years. Have to see how I cope without it!!!
  • Vegastare
    Options
    has anyone heard about this VIP offers they were going on about online chatting with them the other day......I was congratulate for being diamond.....looked into it and need to download app to phone...not being glued to mobile I don't use apps, can it be download to my laptop or i pad, are the offers worth it ......or another Sky gimmick

P.S don't forget Sky Freephone number 0800 151 2747 gets you through to all departments
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 February 2018 at 2:06PM
    Options
    Vegastare wrote: »
    has anyone heard about this VIP offers they were going on about online chatting with them the other day......I was congratulate for being diamond.....looked into it and need to download app to phone...not being glued to mobile I don't use apps, can it be download to my laptop or i pad, are the offers worth it ......or another Sky gimmick

P.S don't forget Sky Freephone number 0800 151 2747 gets you through to all departments

If you don't have a smartphone then try either of the following (copied & pasted from the Sky forums, not my quote btw)
    You can join Sky VIP without a smartphone and there are two ways to do it:

Call Sky and they will do it for you as they can claim most rewards for you.

If you have a computer/laptop you could install a program called Bluestacks as this will allow you to install the MySky app from the app store from within the program.

Bluestacks is an Android emulator for computers https://www.bluestacks.com/

Whether it's worth it is specific to each person really, http://www.alphr.com/technology/1006510/sky-vip-loyalty-scheme-UK-rewards

VIP Black is now renamed as VIP Diamond.
  • casiopeia
    Options
    I cancelled SKY in November as I was fed up with the regular haggle up/ down etc. They really put up a fight the guy actually said he was probably going to be fired for having too many cancellations. anyway they mentioned a £100 contract termination fee which they the said I wouldn't have to pay because my contract was ancient. all good

a month later threatening letter for the £100 I called customer services and was told it was a computing error and no I didn't have to pay it.

a month after that they pulled £100 from my bank. I got back on the phone to customenr services. and after 30 minutes of being passed around the phone system put on hold etc they finally agreed that no I didn't have to pay and they are going to refund me.... I hope.

Lessons from this:
    Cancel any direct debits.
    stick to your guns.
    Don't let them play victim.
    they will play stupid get used to repeating yourself over and over again.
    they sometimes don't play music when you are on hold to make you think they are not there.
    Kepp going.

Good luck Sky hagglers!
  • secretmachines
    Options
    I'm an existing Sky customer, with a package discount applied and looking to upgrade to SkyQ: 2TB box + 2 SkyQ mini boxes.

Has anyone successfully haggled down the one off cost of these?

Via online chat (won't budge) or upgrading myself, the costs are:
    2TB box: £65
    Mini box 1: £50
    Mini box 2: £99

Be great if I could reduce that a bit.
  • pma13
    pma13 Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm an existing Sky customer, with a package discount applied and looking to upgrade to SkyQ: 2TB box + 2 SkyQ mini boxes.

Has anyone successfully haggled down the one off cost of these?

Via online chat (won't budge) or upgrading myself, the costs are:
    2TB box: £65
    Mini box 1: £50
    Mini box 2: £99

Be great if I could reduce that a bit.[/QUOTE

I've been offered both boxes ie main and mini £65
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts