PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Purple_kitten
    Options
    1 I worked at home today which was needed, I don’t deny the commute is getting to me.
    2 For lunch I got 2 loads of washing hung out, and made a wrap with ham and cheese and hg toms it was lovely and messy.
    3 DH’s bay items have bids on and the car has been scrapped for a tiny amount more than we thought, I will put the proceeds in the vet fund. He’s also listed a few more items for sale.
    4 DB phoned it was nice to catch up and he’s taking over something with DF’s estate that I am having an issue with. It does feel like a weight lifted.
    5 Strawberry’s and elmlea just perfect.
    6 Just used groupon to get a very savvy cinema deal, as we want to go outside meerkat times.
  • bagpuss38
    bagpuss38 Posts: 704 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fridays pleasures

1. A easy day at work, boss on holiday so happily organised myself.
    2. Fish and chips for lunch, thoroughly enjoyed
    3. Snuggles with the littles when they came home from a day out with daddy. Quite the role reversal this year with oh taking on most of childcare.
    4. Gorgeous homemade hunters chicken eaten round the table with the whole family en situ a rare pleasure indeed.
    5. Finished my book, Among the lemons. Glorious book, beautifully written transported me to Greece. Have a craving for olives and ouzo.
    Take care all xx
    SIMPLY BE-££577.11:eek:
    Very BNPL - £353.00:o
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Morning,

1. Took DS2 to Wakeboarding. The lake was beautiful. DS2 had a good session. Only had to buy a coffee as sessions are prepaid. Why do my children gravitate to the most expensive hobbies? If he would kick a ball around a field he could go every day!

2. McDonalds treat with DS2 after Wakeboarding. Had voucher from feedback survey and full bean card, so only had to pay £1.99 for me. :j Nice to sit and chat with him.

3. DS1 liked his Birthday presents and wore his jumper to go out.

4. DS1 birthday meal out at restaurant on the canal. Don't often get time to spend with DS1 as he keeps funny hours due to work. Everyone had a nice meal and selfies sent to DD.

5. DS1 friend came to meet him after the meal. Haven't seen him for some time. Lovely lad.

6. Packed 2 suitcases for DS2 for his field trips while we are away. He was reluctantly helpful, and we are almost finished apart from a bit of washing.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Friday Pleasures,

After a rotten nights sleep that first sip of coffee, Italian blend and strong.

Sunny day after so much rain, WM earned its keep and chugged away for most of the day.

Popped into horsey town late afternoon and had a browse around the Oxfam bookshop, managed to pick up something that had been after for a while. Our erstwhile council insist upon minimum spend of 2 hour parking so pleasure of handing over my ticket to fellow parker with 1.5 hours left.
    Prawn and ginger noodles for supper.

Late evening nosey round garden with little dog, found a small frog on the garden path, really really hope that it's last years baby one all grown up.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Recent pleasures

1. Thankfully its the weekend :j

2. Thanks to :money: big mac and fries £1.99

3. Watching puppy playing in the rain from just inside the doorway :p

4. garden very green and lush

5. Chinese for tea, budgeted for so even more nom nom ! and enough left over for lunch :D
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. A blissful evening in the company of KW :smileyhea

2. Bought my dad's birthday present - 2 tickets to see Lucy Worsley talk

3. Took out a book from the library that I'm probably going to be using for teaching this term, very MS, I'll just keep renewing it!

4. Put a tiny bit of money into my marmite jar. It's all adding up.

5. Sunshine!

6. I've opened a regular savings account that pays a whopping (not!) 2.5%.

7. KW and I made some more dreams and wishes plans....trying not to wish my life away, but so wish they could happen NOW!

8. DD and I are getting ready to go !!!!! cat cuddling, pizza chomping and ice cream slurping at a friend's whilst she's away for the night. Yay!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Wash your mouth out, Kittikins - you got !!!!!'d :rotfl:

Once again Eurostar - blighty bound

Pleasures since the time before..

1. The weather has been iffy - so much for the heatwave, but i think it was for the best as we've been doing so much. At least it didn't rain
    2. A couple of hill walks. Such stunning countryside
    3. Yoga - definitely going back, and soon. The aches have just about stopped :rotfl:
    4. Such wonderful music i've heard. We went to a Gangette with a rock band and one with a 'one man band' who played blues. The wine was 1 euro 50 a glass; we went to a recital in an old chapel. Violin and harp, superb; we went to 'music in the streets' with pizza - reggae. not my thing but superb quality.
    5. Last night went to a 'cafe Vendredi' at a cave. it's like a tasting menu with a selection of wine. 6 courses and 6 wines. A little blurry this morning. All for 17 euro 50 each.
    6. Managed a 'cheeky' omelette and glass of wine at the Gare du Nord. love a Parisien omelette
    7. Home later - i think my girl needs me. I'll get her sorted....

Have a lovely weekend all.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Far too early on a Sunday morning but when I realised it was Sunday & not Tuesday it was a pleasure!

I did try & post last night but my 'token had expired' & off go the pleasures!

So for Saturday :
    Early start . Calls to niece, to great niece 'hi Haggis' on FaceTime. To friend.

The continuation of clearing / sorting.
    Took 2 bags of OH shoes over to salvos ( as in bin liner size) he did like shoes. They should do someone else a turn.
    Another bag of stuff to the new bins that will recycle clothing .

A few dog walks.

A decent amount of dry weather in between early & late showers.

We had found a very old ( from t3sco) disposable barbecue in amongst boxes so we had an impromptu tea. I made burgers & got some RTC sausages , rustled up a salad & some fruit for pudding. We sat on the back porch with fairy lights & blankets and it was just lovely in its simplicity but sad because my lovely husband would have loved it.

Chat with sister.

Bed!
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm about to take a tent, 3 teenagers & my husband into Scotland. In case I don't come back & the Trossachs are levelled in a freak accident, I'm very sorry in advance - mhagster particularly, really not the ticket to come home & find someone's rewritten the skyline. (Mind I think the folk of Guam may be feeling that too.)

Pleasures recently
    Colleague scowling in thought at device looking worryingly like nutter planning where to start with knife. Asked if he often got left to self on train, he quirked a bemused but acknowledging eyebrow & chortled that he could possibly broadcast such a vibe. Pleasure in writing an out of office that, in its demure restraint, broadcasts my glee between the lines....

Godma to the floor scattering joy, in the form of McDonald's discount vouchers. Finished & handed me remaining wad with beaming grin "treat the boys!". With that many, I could Daily - so laid a few off in other family & peckish directions, spreading the joy.

It's a wet & breezy evening but someone has a window open & I can just catch jazz cornet playing!

Holiday starting well - there's a lovely moment when you release the belt buckle to accommodate the huge takeaway you & the family have devoured. [I've *heard* of eating leftovers another day but with the lads, the leftover is a myth.]

Oh dear. Son pulled the "I'm a little teapot" routine & found not only do I not fight fair/surrender, I backed him into a doorframe & tickled him mercilessly. While giggling. So his brothers came to watch.

Little girl clutching her bag, mirroring her grandmother behind her - such a charming pair to see & of course, the right bag is so important!

Lads laughing at passport photos - each other as babies - then is parents' "aw, yours are regular. Disappointed." [Still more so when I explained We Don't Need passports. Yet?!]

"You know, when you are found strangled, I won't be a bit surprised." "Cheers, mum." I'm not sure I have this motivational speaking bit down yet...

Himself's bushcrafting buddies are pinging invitations, shop & pub recommendations & generally making a camping break in the Trossachs into a nearly coherently planned break! Bless their generosity with knowledge & offers of showing us trees with chagga, spouses with cakes & generally sharing their fun spaces.

Ah, packing. Just got the top bag stuffed & the zip closed (just!) when child ambles up clutching Another Bag. Nearly learned some new words - will just have a lap full for at least 4 hours (& likely back too.)

Right. About to switch off most devices (starting with router) so be seeing you only if I find (and tame) wifi!
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    DfV have a wonderful Scottie adventure.

1 A loungy start to the day with a lovely grilled bacon sandwich.
    2 We went out to get some bits, animal litter on offer and £land stuff, I do admit we stopped at the Range for much needed cuppa, we ambled around Ikea looking for inspiration and what we bought was a pack of tea lights. Even their marked down things were overpriced.
    3 We have treated ourselves tonight, and had a Chinese takeaway, which will also be lunch tomorrow. delicious but it seems very indulgent.
    4 Had a call to arrange pick up of the car.
    5 I’ve just lit some candles, cheaper than leccy…
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback