Prezzo Vouchers Discussion

Options

This is a special discussion linked to whenever there are Prezzo vouchers available in the

Restaurant Vouchers Deals Note

Why not share your thoughts about Prezzo and, more importantly, the best bargains and dish recommendations when you dine there.

... just click reply to add your comments

Grab the latest MSE Deals
Follow the Deals Team on Twitter: @MSE_Deals
Get Martin's Money Tips
Join the MSE Forum

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Went to the Reading one - the food was very good. We both had pasta with cheese and bacon then oven baked. It was so tasty and the service was excellent. Didn't have time to try starters or desserts so would love recommendations :j
  • lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We have been to the Barnet one several times. I can recommend the chicken breast with mushrooms and spinach and also the salmon penne. The spaghetti with meatballs and the meat calzone is also good.

No particular bargains but the prices are reasonable, the restaurant is light and airy and the staff are friendly.
  • janem2
    janem2 Posts: 182 Forumite
    Options
    went to the one at Port Solent. Waiting staff were surly and the pizzas we had were the texture and thickness of a crepe. Wouldn't go back again.

J
  • thelurch
    thelurch Posts: 816 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ive been once, for lunch during february half term.

We had starters - baked mushrooms were very nice, bruschetta was very disapointing as its not anywhere as good as pizza expresses, I dont recommend that.

I had penne al pollo zaffferano which was chicken,chilli,spinach,garlic in creamy saffron which was very nice indeed ( not too spicy )

My OH had fusilli al pesto rosso which was asparagus, mushrooms, roasted pepper in red pesto sauce which was also very nice.

We didnt have puddings.

Service was very good.

We prefer Pizza Express though as they are much more accomodating to youngsters.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,271 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    They're OK, but Italian restaurants are now everywhere and getting very boring. Pizza, pasta, pizza, pasta, pizza, pasta.

No surprise it's such a popular format with restaurant groups like Prezzo - pasta's very cheap, and so is pizza dough.

Very, very formulaic. Always the same, whichever branch you go to - just like McDonalds. Rather boring after the first 3 or 4 visits.

Prices not bad for dinner - expensive for lunch, though.
  • wish
    wish Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Food at Prezzo, Christchurch in Dorset is sooooo scrummy! Definately recommend the honeycomb cheesecake - risotto's are tasty too. Looking for discount voucher for this Thurs 26th (i know they had offer on last week) but want to go with hubbie after parents' evening
  • onetomany
    onetomany Posts: 2,170 Forumite
    Options
    never heard of the place so dont think theres one in my area
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The amount of food is really quite large so you can easily get away without starters although I'm one of those people that prefers two or three reasonable courses to one massive one. Last time I couldn't even finish just my main. We had two adults meals and one kids meal between our family.

I was telling H that the kids meal didn't look as good value as pizza express
    and then the kids pizza came out - it's the same as a full size adults one in pizza express!

The food is pretty simple, the sort of stuff you could easily do at home but pretty good value for a bite out with a 2 for 1 voucher or on the lunchtime menu.

They like deep frying things so watch out! I've had calamari there twice - it's always rubbery and I strongly suspect frozen out of a bag.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    the only thing to avoid is the Childrens Menu - total rip off, for what they get - much better to buy an adult sized portion (and doggy bag the leftovers lol)

As for the standard menu, ive yet to taste anything bad from there. Pollo Carbonara is huge, and you need an asbestos mouth to eat it. Chicken with mushrooms is very garlicky and has lots of mushrooms. The fries are gorgeous, as are the gratin potatoes. Out of all the similar restaurants, ie Zizzi, Ask and Pizza Express, i think Presso has the most varied menu, and their current off of BOGOF on main meals sunday-friday is a cracking saving

Flea
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Doozergirl wrote: »
    I was telling H that the kids meal didn't look as good value as pizza express and then the kids pizza came out - it's the same as a full size adults one in pizza express

How big was it then, as i just posted what a rip-off the kids menu is. An adults pizza at prezzo is about 12" wide, whereas a kids one is about 6". Does pizza express really only do 6" pizza as a main course?

Flea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport