Slipping Through My Fingers

Options

Comments

• Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    All better than nothing - it's nice making a few extra £s here and there. Are you still distributing your survey earnings between pots randomly, as you see fit? Or are you focusing on something in particular?
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    Options
    That's good won't be long until you can cash out again. I looked after I typed it and I withdraw £5 odds roughly every two weeks. It'll slow over summer I'm sure, but it's boosted my Xmas savings for little effort.
    Homegrown0 wrote: »
    You definitely can't beat a little extra cash towards Christmas. It's irritating when it quietens down over summer - I remember last year I was going from cashing out £40 per month to nothing. Very disappointing! Have you been keeping track of your earnings so far from surveys etc. or will it be a surprise?

I've just checked my account and I've had £157.10 so far. Considering it's only asking for my opinion, which I love to give :rotfl: I think that's pretty good going for 'free' money. xx
  • teafor2
    Options
    I hope you continute to avoid the cold TF2 and the spotty one feels better soon. It's much better to catch chicken pox when very young, however, unlike me who managed to catch it at the age of twelve :eek:.

Those pots are so hard to dip into. I feel like Scrooge at the moment, I just want to count my money but not spend it :rotfl:.

Hi HHD :) I know from reading your diary that you're struggling to dip into your money at the moment. It's a fine balance between spending carefully and then not wanting to spend any money at all which tbh, and I speak from experience, I don't think is always the right path to tread.

Yes, I've heard chickenpox is much worse when you're older. I had it when I was 9 but only had a few spots. I remember a particularly nasty one on my scalp. My 2 were covered in them and so is the little one. I was worried about shingles but according to google you can't catch shingles from somebody with chickenpox but you can catch chickenpox from somebody with shingles. So babysitting duties are on :D xx
  • Choccygirl123
    Choccygirl123 Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That's really random about your shoppix I had to reset my password twice today before it'll log me in. Perhaps they've had a update or sorts.

Ooooh chicken pox is awful. My lovely girls gave it to me at the age grand of 33. I was so poorly and ended up with pneumonia stuck in isolation in hospital for 2 weeks.

I found plain porridge oats tied up in an old sports socks in a Luke warm bath was the best anti itch. Once it soaked for a while use it as a gentle flannel abd squeeze the water over everywhere. It really neutralises the itch.
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh no hope everyone's feeling better soon and you keep the bugs away!

Chickenpox scares me. But we won't go into that conversation now :rotfl:

Take care
    x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • teafor2
    Options
    That's really random about your shoppix I had to reset my password twice today before it'll log me in. Perhaps they've had a update or sorts.

Ooooh chicken pox is awful. My lovely girls gave it to me at the age grand of 33. I was so poorly and ended up with pneumonia stuck in isolation in hospital for 2 weeks.

I found plain porridge oats tied up in an old sports socks in a Luke warm bath was the best anti itch. Once it soaked for a while use it as a gentle flannel abd squeeze the water over everywhere. It really neutralises the itch.

Blimey, that doesn't sound fun CG :( Chickenpox is bad enough but added complications you can do without :o Yes, I used the porridge oat bath as well for the DC's. I'd run a bath in the morning and add a bit of warm water to it throughout the day then dunk them in it. DD was happy to have calamine lotion on her but it freaked DS out :rotfl:

Oh no hope everyone's feeling better soon and you keep the bugs away!

Chickenpox scares me. But we won't go into that conversation now :rotfl:

Take care
    x

Thanks WB. For such a common illness it certainly can cause a lot of problems. I thought about you straight away when we were told. xx
  • kindofagilr
    kindofagilr Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I hope all the poorlies are better soon, it was DS here too, we got back from CP on the monday and he complained of a sore throat on the tuesday I put it down to snoring lol, then wednesday morning he was pale and yet sweaty and hot and had a sore throat so he was off school two days, then at the weekend it moved onto his chest, bless him, it's starting to go away now xx
    Debt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid Off
    Mortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
    £79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off

Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
    HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
    Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
    Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20

Asda Savings - £0

POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80

~ Emergency Savings: £0

My Debt Free Diary (Link)
  • teafor2
    Options
    I hope all the poorlies are better soon, it was DS here too, we got back from CP on the monday and he complained of a sore throat on the tuesday I put it down to snoring lol, then wednesday morning he was pale and yet sweaty and hot and had a sore throat so he was off school two days, then at the weekend it moved onto his chest, bless him, it's starting to go away now xx

Thanks K :) DD is still not 100%, it really did get a grip of her. Hubby and DS are pretty much back to normal. I've had a dry throat for a couple of days but touch wood it doesn't seem to be turning into anything. Hope your DS is better, it's horrible to see them poorly. xx
  • teafor2
    Options
    Morning :)

Day 14/30, Prolific £0, Spends £24.55 8th-14th June

Don't think I'll get on here over the weekend and as I can't see any spends happening today I'm doing my end of week pot allocation a day early.

I've added £4 to the Target pot, £5 to the caravan and I'm carrying £15 forward to next week which means the pots now have the following in them :

Savings: £20
    DS : £60
    Dogs: £75
    Hair: £10
    Caravan: £35
    Target: £36/£100

DD is still not 100% but went for an interview on Monday and has been invited back for a trial shift. She's worked in retail but never in the food industry so a trial seems a good starting point.

Hubby and DS are both better and we're all back in our routines. The spotty one was great fun to look after yesterday. We played make-up, hospitals and ponies. I always did enjoy make believe type of play with mine, I love listening to them and watching what they decide to do.

Weather is still horrible here. Thinking about when it was last dry enough for me to peg out, it may well have been over a week ago :(

Hope you all have a lovely weekend. xx
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I hope DD enjoys her trial and gets the job.

You sound like you had great fun with the spotty one :).

I hope your weather improves over the weekend.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure