Dreams and wishes....

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Glad you went out after work. Well done on bursary for DD. :j:j

We all feel the same about work. It's nearly the weekend. Thank goodness.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    Options
    Yup, and I need to contact my union tomorrow :( but have chatted to my old deputy head, a former colleague and some BFFs (also former colleagues) who all think that the best thing for me to do is to find another school, and not to believe what I'm being told about my abilities. Bless them all!
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    It's good that they agree with us that the problem is with the school and not you. You and I are in the same boat. Ive got to drive first though. Get your cvs ready you are too good for them.:cool:
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    So glad to hear your colleagues and friends are being supportive KK. What a horrible position to be in and it's a shame you are being pushed out when you are so dedicated to your class
    I hope you can find a school with a head who appreciates you x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    Options
    So do I.....I'm feeling much stronger today, yesterday was awful. I had to cover both classes and walked into the classroom she teaches in two mornings a week (usually, when she's not swanning off on a jolly like she was yesterday), sat down to log on to the register and burst into tears - just before it was time to let the children in :(

I didn't get a chance to contact the union as I had tons of marking then needed to take DD to the doctor's.

KW and I went out for an amazing meal last night, all paid for beforehand.

Today, we went to our house (it must be ours!!) and were there over 2 hours chatting to the owners and their daughter :) We all can't wait to move in, KW thankfully loves it and said he did before he even saw it, just from the photos and our excitement!

The owners were so helpful and are selling/giving us so much. It's going to be awesome when we finally get the OK! They seem to think that we are very close to getting the mortgage offer, given the type of questions we're being asked by the bank. Here's hoping!
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Struggling today, can't focus and have lots of work to do. Don't want to be there, head doesn't want me there, major risk of not getting the mortgage due to this (rubbish timing on her behalf....)

DD won her netball match today against a tricky team, her lot played brilliantly.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    The head cannot stop you getting a mortgage. If they affect your salary it may cause an effect but the bank wont know straight away surely? Work will have to give you some notice I would have thought.

You sound v anxious. I am sure it will be ok. Well done on the results of the netball match.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    KK you must put yourself first. Please contact your union for advice as what you describe sounds like bullying. Is there a counselling service you can contact ? Or see your GP. Do not struggle on feeling so low x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    Options
    I've emailed my local union contact tonight and had an automatic reply saying that he does union work on Wednesdays :( I think I need to speak to the main NEU office and try to get some advice.
  • pinknsparkly
    Options
    Big hugs KK, and best of luck with your union chappie. Do you have anyone you can meet up with to rant and rave to when you're struggling? It sounds weird but a friend and I have an arrangement where we message each other if we're struggling to organise a time to chat on the phone and basically just let the other one !!!!! and moan as much as they need to. Often just saying it all out loud makes all the difference at making it easier to deal with.
    MFW2023 challenge #99: £1090.11 / £1,000 MFiT-T6 (Jan 2022 - Jan 2025) challenge #99: Reduce mortgage to £400,000. Current balance = £413,551.19 Initial MF date (23rd Aug 2022): Sep 2051 Current MF date: Jul 2051 Last updated: 15/06/2023
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure