Forum Home» How much have you saved?

Dreams and wishes.... - Page 27

New Post Advanced Search

Dreams and wishes....

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in How much have you saved?
597 replies 68.5K views

Replies

• KittikinsKittikins Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today will almost certainly be a NSD. Trying to be calm, as I can feel the tension rising by the minute :( I've got a doctor's appointment for Tuesday so hoping she will be able to keep me sane as it were!

Seen a few more jobs that I need to gird my loins to apply for...

DD seems happier today, certainly in less tummy pain, which is a huge relief. I'm trying to be really positive around her so that I can do my best to lessen her negative feelings.
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    14.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you are seeing dr. I hope DD is ok. Both of you take it easy. Try to have some rest today.

Ive got a pile of marking but I am putting it off till later.
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    Saving change in money box.
    5.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got all my planning done and uploaded for the week and DD and I went for a stroll down to the village church. She seems much happier today than she has been for weeks, just hope this lasts.

Dreading tomorrow, but at least I've got fabulous French to teach in the afternoon :)
    5.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oooh, forgot to 'say', I'm doing a strange kind of spending challenge I made up this month....Kind of living off a pension plus child benefit income. I think the idea came about when the mortgage advisors told me I needed an £18k income in retirement and I realised I was going to be pretty hard up when an old lady....I know it's a long time off though :):)

Pension is £164.35 for a single person; child benefit is £20.70. As there are 4 weeks in February, the total is £740.20.

I've taken out my £500 rent, and am going to do my darndest to live off the £240.20 until next payday. Whatever is left in the bank is going into savings.

In case we decide not to, or are unable to buy the house with everything that is going on, I want to have as much squirreled away so that when we go for it again, we're in an even better position, as we'll be that bit older :(

My £240.20 has already been dipped into when I filled the car up with getting more expensive again every time petrol, gave DD her pocket money for the month, got my hair cut and eyebrows tamed and I have £155.09 left until 28th February.

If I don't manage it, I'll try not to beat myself up too much, as I have in reality already put £500 into savings this month, so anything more will be a bonus.
    14.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like we are all having a low spend month. I hope it all works out with DD. Good luck at work tomorrow. Just take it a day at a time. Focus on payday and the holidays. That's what I do to keep me going. Good luck.
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    5.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doctor has signed me off for the remainder of the week. Feeling guilty and stressed that maybe I've forgotten to do something major, but don't think I have. I've turned work email notifications off my phone and will just check in once a day (if I can restrain myself to that!)

Spent £2.10 on rubbish :( and £17.20 on prescriptions.

The official meeting has been put back a day, and the union chap is coming in "to balance up the numbers". Glad I've got his support!
    14.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad the dr is being so supportive and that the union is with you. Please rest and let's hope someone sorts the head out.
  • edited 8 February 2018 at 10:52PM
    KittikinsKittikins Forumite
    5.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 8 February 2018 at 10:52PM
    Both days have been NSDs, phew! DD still seems to be feeling positive and the tummy aches appear to be subsiding somewhat - she's cut out dairy products which is helping, and I guess seeing me less anxious and being proactive and positive can only be good as well.

If I can get new employment sorted ASAP then it's looking more positive for the house move. We're still waiting for the housing association, but at the moment, I'm in no rush to chase them....
    5.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another NSD, yay! DD is also getting happier and less tummy-achy by the day, which is heartwarming.

I'm running on adrenaline and horribly stressed but can see possibility of light at the end of the tunnel.......just need to really relax during this next week, so that I don't go back frazzled.

KW is back after a week away at a trade fair, so going over to see him tomorrow, yay!
    5.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The HA have approved our application, so we are a HUGE leap forward :)

I've emailed my head to let her know and ask her to be a referee and am actively looking for jobs elsewhere. I just need to make sure the timing works for me, but hopefully I'll be out of there come July and on to brighter things.

I put my final £1 coin into the pot yesterday, and have taken £20 out to see how long I can eke it out over half term. I need to buy some veggies for tonight's dinner, but have £7.37 credit on my credit card, which will be plenty.