Options

Comments

• darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    altec_09 wrote: »
    Dear Raisin Customer,

We're pleased to inform you that your Raisin UK account is getting an upgrade. From mid-September your Raisin UK account will change to a new look Raisin Starling Account – but you will need to opt-in to benefit from these changes.

What's this all about?

I've received this too - Not sure whether to 'Opt In' or not..
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have opted in I read it as it was a platform change and its how you can view your account, but I have a starling account already so maybe will show on the same platform.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    So you now have Raisin, Meteor Starling and Gatehouse etc., all having an interest in the same money.
    What could possibly go wrong.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,278 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Staying opted out seems a tempting option. According to the email, you'll remain able to access the same platform, but unable to apply for any new products. When your account matures they'll automatically transfer the funds to your linked bank account and close your Raisin account.

For someone who only used Raisin for the bonus, that's exactly what I want to happen.
  • Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Paranoia kicking in, can you guys confirm the deposit account number ends in 0262? I assume its not unique as you have to enter a reference
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    I got the e-mail regarding Starling, and I'm none the wiser as to why anyone would want to opt-in or stay opted out. No useful info seems to be given to help one decide.

The press releases are just corporate speak waffle.

https://www.raisin.co.uk/newsroom/article/starling-bank-partnership
  • zzzt
    zzzt Posts: 407 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got my bonus paid into my bank account about five weeks after opening and funding 12 month savings account and sending them an email.

The Starling stuff, I don't care. I don't see myself continuing to use the platform, I did it just for the bonus and will probably withdraw everything and close account after 12 months. There would have to be some really amazing offers to keep me on it. 1.95% savings or whatever doesn't cut it.
  • gingercordial
    gingercordial Posts: 1,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    Staying opted out seems a tempting option. According to the email, you'll remain able to access the same platform, but unable to apply for any new products. When your account matures they'll automatically transfer the funds to your linked bank account and close your Raisin account.

For someone who only used Raisin for the bonus, that's exactly what I want to happen.

Agreed, I see no benefit in opting in when I fully expect to extract my money and close the account after a year. I'll only forget which log-in details to use if I do.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    masonic wrote: »

You're not expecting any further Raisin offer for existing customers then? You may well be right, but I won't cut myself off the possibility. I have therefore opted in.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,278 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    You're not expecting any further Raisin offer for existing customers then? You may well be right, but I won't cut myself off the possibility. I have therefore opted in.
    "If you want to apply for any new savings products through the Raisin UK savings marketplace or access our new improved customer portal once Starling Bank launches their service in mid-September, you will need to opt-in or register again."

So nothing lost by taking a wait and see approach. But I still have capacity in my 3% current accounts and I doubt I'll see anything as good as that in short term FRS accounts for the foreseeable future.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure