Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Options

Comments

• IanManc
    IanManc Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Options
    Issue 15 of the branch version of the Virgin Regular Saver has appeared on their website this afternoon, paying 3% with a maturity date of 1 March 2020. :)
  • aj23_2
    aj23_2 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I went into Nottingham BS in St Alban's last summer and they opened an RS for me there and then.
  • aj23_2
    Options
    IanManc wrote: »
    Issue 15 of the branch version of the Virgin Regular Saver has appeared on their website this afternoon, paying 3% with a maturity date of 1 March 2020. :)

Was the previous issue £3,500?

So Issue 15 you can only make 13 payments. I assume you can't make one on the 1 March 2020?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    aj23 wrote: »
    So Issue 15 you can only make 13 payments. I assume you can't make one on the 1 March 2020?
    If you could, it would be worth (up to) a grand total of 2p in additional interest, or 1p net if that £250 was earning 1.5% elsewhere! What would you spend it on? ;)
  • aj23_2
    edited 18 February 2019 at 5:03PM
    Options
    I'll stick with HSBC's 3% I think. I just did a switch to them. Saves a trip to a VM somewhere.
  • sully1311
    Options
    IanManc wrote: »

Perfect timing for me. Had already booked an appointment for this Saturday for a regular saver so at least now I'll get a full year to save.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Got an appointment for 3pm today! It's always been up to a week previously!
  • Southcoast01
    Options
    Can the virgin store regular saver be closed by post or do you have to visit the branch?
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Can the virgin store regular saver be closed by post or do you have to visit the branch?

Can be closed via snail mail.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • sully1311
    Options
    Regarding the Virgin E Regular Saver maturing tomorrow - will the same amount of interest be accrued if the account is closed tomorrow or should it be closed on the 21st for the maximum amount of interest (even if it is only an extra couple of pence!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure