2019 Mortgage-Free Wannabes

Options

Comments

• frugal_lass
    Options
    Tidy up of accounts led to an extra £18.13 so that’s a total of £235.13 for Feby.
    Mortgage so far: £31,630.01Aiming to be mortgage free by 2024
  • taka
    taka Posts: 3,483 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    # 51 checking in with another little overpayment of £9.96 to bring my Feb total to £43.61. (A small refund from my Gas company + a £2 coin from my change at the supermarket ! :p )

Feel a little silly reporting such tiny amounts compared to some on here :o but I keep clinging to the fact I'm mortgage neutral already (and prioritising pension / savings instead of mortgage) and an OP of £9.96 is getting rid of just over 0.1% of my mortgage balance outstanding! Even the teeny amounts add up for me now. :j
    Mortgage free as of 12/08/20!
    MFiT-5 no 45
    You can't fly with one foot on the ground!
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    taka wrote: »
    # 51 checking in with another little overpayment of £9.96 to bring my Feb total to £43.61. (A small refund from my Gas company + a £2 coin from my change at the supermarket ! :p )

Feel a little silly reporting such tiny amounts compared to some on here :o but I keep clinging to the fact I'm mortgage neutral already (and prioritising pension / savings instead of mortgage) and an OP of £9.96 is getting rid of just over 0.1% of my mortgage balance outstanding! Even the teeny amounts add up for me now. :j

Don't belittle your achievements. We are all at different stages. I have stopped work but still have my mortgage (and just used part of my lump sum to pay off a big chunk) - you however, will not be in that position of having it hanging over you because you have started your journey and are already enjoying the benefits. I wish I had been that sensible!
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 18 February 2019 at 9:20PM
    Options
    Evening everyone

No 40 with a February payment of [£1510. I may be able to send a few more pounds across on Friday when I get paid from my 2nd job as I worked a few extra hours this month :)

Thank goodness for this thread full of like minded people as I find others tend to look at me in disbelief or are quite vocal in their negativity when they hear I am working 2 jobs to pay off the mortgage early :eek:

Thanks as always Juliecorn x
  • WorldCitizen
    Options
    #160.
    My payment of £65.90 went through!
    Next OP I'll do in April.
  • varfor
    varfor Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    #118 here. I sold some valuables allowing me to put £1580 towards the mortgage! I was in two minds whether to do it or not but I feel better taking another step towards clearing debt.

Feb total: £2080
    2019 total: £2580/£4000
    2019 MFW #118: 9474/4000 | 2020 MFW #112: 2500/2500 | 2021 MFW #21: 1890/1920 | 2022 MFW #NA: 2180/1920
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    taka wrote: »
    # 51 checking in with another little overpayment of £9.96 to bring my Feb total to £43.61.
    Feel a little silly reporting such tiny amounts compared to some on here :o

Taka - I have just been rooting through some paperwork and found my mortgage papers from 3 yrs ago - It stated quite clearly that I would repay £1.80 for every £1 I borrowed over the 26 yr term. It was all we could get through on 'affordability'.

I remortgaged last year to an even better rate, and could cut 4 yrs off the term. Every £1 I overpay makes me remember that I am saving nearly the same. There is no such thing as a tiny overpayment, there is only an overpayment. Every one is applauded:T. We don't do mine is bigger than yours! We are all happy for each other and going to be MF sooner, and we will cheer you on . £41.63 is not to be sniffed at, and it won't be sniffed at by any of us over here! We all understand how percentages work. Go you!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • ilselm
    ilselm Posts: 132 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    #106 here. As it's nearing February pay day with all essential life spends pretty much accounted for already this month, I have rather optimistically transferred a further £250 into the mortgage account.

I say optimistic as the focus, heading towards 2018/19 tax year end, will be on filling up pensions and ISAs. Strategies for coming weeks include running down the freezer/store cupboard, working an extra day a week from home to save commuting costs, actually submitting those work expense claims, remembering to hit the sell button on bay/tree listings when the £1 deal comes around again and any other tips/tricks that I pick up from these forums. Thanks,

February total: £1,838
    2019 total: £3,338 / £15,000
  • MrsMouse
    Options
    Figure there's no point waiting until I download the extra cash for renovations before then paying down to reduce interest and have the mini surpluses just waiting in the bank. So first OP of £244.05 :) for #47. What a lovely feeling (and more tomorrow when I see it online!).
    MrsMouse
    #47 - 2020 MFW 449.29/1200
    #15 - 3/6 month Emergency Fund Challenge 661.89

2019 ~~ MFW: 1122.33 / EF: £1000
  • julicorn
    julicorn Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Julicorn

I’m not really sure; what is best?
    I guess these are a sub-pot that will transfer over in October but I can’t actually overpay.

So are you tracking actual overpayments or intended?

It may be a little quiet from me if I can’t track these. But it doesn’t matter either way. Is it possible to have them in but greyed out/not adding to my total (please say no if that is too much extra work!)

I track whatever works best for the individual :) Happy to track your savings money, that's not a problem at all, just want to make sure we don't end up double counting in October.
    I'll add them in your spreadsheet for now if that's ok, that's probably more motivating than not being able to update until October as well. :beer:
    Original mortgage: December 2017, £203,495
    MFW start: April 2018, £201,800
    Mortgage neutral: September 2022, mortgage redeemed: December 2022
    New house, new mortgage: December 2022, £276,007
    Current balance: £217,800 minus £8,300 overpayment savings pot
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts