Sashybo - Back Again

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    At least they smell good! Shouldn't be much longer.

I used to get really cross about some of the the complaints that got sent to me with emails that the hr admin team had sent out and did a lot of coaching around 'how would you want to be treated', and 'just because you know the process or think the question is stupid' and I tried to do process transparency so people knew what paperwork they should expect and when. You'd think we would be better with people, but actually the worst thing you can be in HR is a 'people person'. Mostly you need to be nosy :p

ETA quite often though it was because the local manger hadn't filled the paperwork in, and they were very good at blaming us for things we didn't know about.
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Swimming, yes fingers crossed they get back to me soon. I'm going back to work in 2 weeks regardless. :rotfl: I've been enjoying my one day a week to be honest, it's like a wee jaunt. :p

Redo, to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if my manager hadn't sent them some paperwork, he is a proper scatterbrain at the best of times. :cool: Our HR department generally seem to be annoyed if you ask them to do anything. :rotfl:

We have been brave & put the tomatoes into the grow bags in the greenhouse. Better not get any more frost. :eek: Will drop one plant off to my mum mid week & will give the other to my friend at work on Friday.

Have planted some seeds; more chillies (3 varieties), courgettes, runner beans, beetroot & basil into the heated propagator. Will plant the salad stuff outside next month, have lettuce, radish, spring onions etc.

Need to get my sweet peas planted out into the front garden as well.

DS enjoyed watching us in the garden until it was time for his lunch & then the crying started, so really only did about an hour outside. Better than nothing I suppose.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Had a small burst of energy after DS went to bed & did a bit of tidying in the kitchen. Emptied the bin, cleaned the cat litter, emptied the food waste bin and put them all out into appropriate bins, also put the recycling out at the same time.

Also emptied the dishwasher & put away the stuff on the draining board then washed the other stuff needing done. Will put this away before bed, worktops & hob wiped down too. DS's stacking cups & shapes washed & soaked in sterilising fluid for a bit too. Only do this every so often but they have all been on the floor & in his mouth due to teething so thought a bit of cleaning wouldn't hurt.

Will steam clean the kitchen floor tomorrow night once DS is asleep.

DH researched & bought a new home insurance policy today, roughly £10 cheaper p/m than we're paying now when the renewal quote from current company was £100 higher over the year! :eek: He already bought a new cat insurance policy for old cat last week (they wanted £26 a month! :eek:), just needs to phone up & cancel both renewals tomorrow. Getting some cashback for the cat insurance but not sure about the home insurance, we are getting a 20% discount as we both have our car insurance with the same company though. :T

DH in bed as starting at 4am tomorrow. :eek: I should get to bed shortly, DS has already woken up with sore gums due to teething so may wake again.

Need to stick ingredients into the breadmaker so we have a loaf tomorrow.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Options
    DS woke up about 5 more times last night & just couldn't seem to settle. I ended up putting off his nightlight & switching his cot soother off as he was just playing with it & it was keeping him awake. Sometimes it helps him drift off but it was waking him up last night instead & he kept sitting up & holding on to the cot bars crying.

He was dosed up with medicine & teething powder, even anbesol liquid on his gums didn't seem to help. After switching everything off & leaving him, he eventually fell asleep. It's horrible when he's like that as nothing else I can do to help him & holding him was just making him wake up more. :(

We're both sleepy & grumpy this morning so doubt much will get done today. DH on a horrible 4am start so should be home around lunchtime but he'll be sleepy & grumpy too. :rotfl:

Going to try & get DS to nap shortly, he is commando crawling around the floor & keeps trying to get to the cats water bowl to have a splash about. :eek:

I need to start doing my yoga again, I'm putting weight on from sitting around eating. :o Just feel so tired all the time, I know once I start I'll feel better, it's just making myself do it. I'm a lazy lazy person at heart. :o
  • sashybo
    Options
    Well yesterday was a write off as I thought, only got a washing done & hung up, dishes washed, cat litter cleaned & kitchen floor brushed.

DS slept a lot better last night, only woke up once. :) He tried to get up for the day at 6am but I changed his nappy & gave him more teething powder and he fell asleep after an hour of grumbling and didn't wake up until after 9am! :T He obviously needed the sleep, I thought I'd get another hour at most.

Need to get some top up shopping today as running low on milk, thinking about whether to go soon or wait until DH comes home & I can leave DS with him. Could do with cleaning the bathrooms & still need to clean the kitchen floor as well.

I did do some surveys yesterday, will be able to cash out on PA once a study clears & back up to £15 on 0nepoll.

The engraved wooden box we ordered for little cat's ashes arrived yesterday & is beautiful. Just need to transfer her ashes into it now.
  • sashybo
    Options
    I took DS with me to Mr Al's & he had a great time sitting in the trolley & looking at everything and everyone. He was nearly breaking his neck trying to stare at some people, don't know what was so fascinating. :rotfl: I was talking to him the whole way round & he was babbling back which was quite funny. :D

I also did my good deed for the day by letting a lady go in front of me at the till. She only had 2 items & I had half a trolley full. :eek: So much for top up shopping. :whistle:

Got home & had a chat with my neighbour & DS waved at her out of the blue, he never waves at people when we ask him to, just when he feels like it. :rotfl:

DS then got to the cats water bowl whilst I was unpacking the shopping. I thought he was playing nicely with his toys until I heard splashing. :eek: The whole bowl was empty & the floor and DS were soaking due to the giant puddle of water. :eek: Big cat was watching DS in bemusement. :rotfl: I knew DS was being too quiet. :o

No real progress with housework, stuck another washing on & put yesterday's away. Also put away the isofix base we're keeping to go with the small car seat so that's one less thing lying about in the guest room.

Watered the tomato plants in the greenhouse, they seem quite happy :T and covered over the potatoes again, they seem to be picking up the pace a bit which is good. :j
  • sashybo
    Options
    A visit to the chiropractor today, back & pelvis a lot better so going to try another appointment in 8 weeks rather than 6. DS refused to smile at anyone until my chiropractor spoke to him. :rotfl:

Took DS to see my mum for a while afterwards & he had fun watching her dog & staring out of the window at people going past. :) I delivered a tomato plant to her & the spare car seat to keep at her house. Means we can get rid of the giant cardboard box it arrived in. :j

Minimal housework again today, have stripped the spare bed & washing the sheets as MIL arrives on Friday for the weekend. Going to clean the bathrooms & floors tomorrow so they're half decent when she arrives. :o I'm working late shift but sure I won't be missed. :cool::rotfl:
  • sashybo
    Options
    Bed stripped & sheets in the washing, spare bed sheets are in the TD. It is not sunny in any way, shape or form here but at least the overall temperature is warmer. I was able to go out yesterday without a jacket for the first time in months. :j

Will start my cleaning shortly as want to make a a start before DS goes for his first nap.

Need to use up some leeks so hoping to get a chance to make leek & potato soup at some point too.

Will have a cup of tea & do some surveys for now. Need to take & submit meter readings today as well.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Just sitting down now with a drink, managed to get a lot done today so am happy.

All bathrooms cleaned & bathroom floors steam cleaned. Clean towels out & restocked toilet rolls/hand wash where needed. Bath mats are in the wash but are just cheapo ones from the big Swedish shop so should really just buy new ones next time we're there.

Kitchen floor also steam cleaned & worktops wiped down, DW on & hand wash dishes done. I managed to get the leek & potato soup made and DS & I had some for dinner. The rest is now in the fridge, might take some to work with me tomorrow for dinner.

Both guest room bed & our bed have nice clean sheets on. DH put the sheets on our bed when he got home from work without me even having to ask. *gasp* :rotfl::D He is away out for his dinner with a friend so don't expect to see him until quite a bit later. His jobs for tomorrow are to hoover & do the big clean of the litter trays.

DS managed to projectile vomit his bedtime bottle all over both of us. :eek::( So complete change of clothes plus his sleeping bag & I had to strip too, think there might be some in my hair. :eek: Could have cried. Stuck everything straight in the washing machine. I waited half an hour then gave him a small bottle just so there was something in his tummy, I think I overfed him at dinner, he's so greedy he just keeps eating. :eek: So DS was a bit later to bed than planned, hopefully he sleeps well & there's no more sick. :eek:

We have cucumber, basil & beetroot seedlings popping up in the propagator. :j I think I can see a courgette seedling just below the compost too. :j The tomatoes are happy in the greenhouse & potatoes needed more compost again today so things are picking up. We didn't get any sunshine until late afternoon but the temperature was nice & mild all day. Still need to plant my sweet peas in the front garden. Also need to remember to take a tomato plant to work for my friend, I gave her a tumbling tom plant 2 years ago & she loved having it, giving her a sungold this year.
  • Rachel24
    Rachel24 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I always love reading your diary sashybo you always do so much! Xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business