What small DFW things will you do w/c 8th October?

Options

Comments

• 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    ziggy2407 wrote: »
    Tired today, my brain is on overdrive worrying about things I can't change and over analysing some of mums behaviour and worrying about DS's GCSEs .

C x
    Ziggy, I hope you've been able to rest up a bit today, its hard when we can't switch our brains off and when its things out of our control also. Big hugs.

I'm glad that I got most of my list done today as I've twinged my back and am in quite a bit of discomfort :( going to make a hot water bottle up and sit with that for the rest of the evening after having a hot bath first.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Yay! I remembered to subscribe on a Monday :j
    Considering how busy today has been I'm amazed I can even remember my name. I have only just gotten round to sitting down and having something to eat and drink.
    However, I have managed a nsd, and I've chased my missing cheques with the bank - I need to wait another week for that.
    Still have a phone call to make to ds swimming club which is becoming a bit of a frog now.
    Washing done, plus a load of washing for bestie whose machine gave up yesterday. Nothing else planned other than relaxing and crochet this evening bearing in mind I went from 7am till 3pm without even going to the toilet - never mind food or drink or sitting down...

1LL - hope that you're ok.
    Merida - sorry to hear that everything seems to be giving up working at the moment. I hate when that happens.
    And welcome choccygirl :D
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    DNMS Thank you for starting this weeks thread :A

Last week was and this week will be very hectic.

I have been keeping the faith and reading when I get the chance, sometimes a couple of days later.

Hopefully over the next few weeks things will settle in to their new routines and I can be around more.

Sending hugs to everyone.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all:hello:

Hope you get some down time baileys babe
    Happy kitties I think you kindly asked last week about by neighbour. Thank you. Yes, things have settled down. I just won't trust them again to do what they say as they haven't this time, so I'll be much more cautious next time. And where we were going to let him do some work on something shared, we will now get our own person in, I'm not taking any chances.

So today:
    Check banking, limping until Friday when it's payday
    Post fleabay parcel, move funds to savings
    Wash hair with shampoo bar, dry naturally :T
    HM soup and HM Clementine cake to work (well it's satsuma cake, as that's what I had but doesn't sound as impressive some how :rotfl:)
    Hot drink for commute
    More left over lamb in a curry tonight. Think I'll make a big batch and freeze the rest. Bulk it out with some spinach
    Check my just for points cc. Payment was showing at the weekend on my statement before it had gone out of my bank but not reduced the balance down
    Smalls to prepaid activities
    Load of washing to go away x 3
    One more done overnight to hang out

Have a good day folks. Purps.
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 October 2018 at 11:31AM
    Options
    Morning purps :D I've been up since 5.30 as I went for a nap at 5.30 last night and slept through!

Today madam has an after school activity until after 4 so I have a full day off :D Although am looking after a friend after school until 8 :eek: Will plan some crafting activities as they are both crafty ;)

I plan to:

* have lo spag for dinner - pizza for girls
    * get back to sticking with my diet!
    * [STRIKE]Washing on line. [/STRIKE]Do another load as well
    * put 2 loads of washing away
    [STRIKE]* charge up strimmer[/STRIKE] to go to the allotment this afternoon
    [STRIKE]* walk with pup after getting back from school run[/STRIKE]
    * clothes/bag/food ready for work the next couple of days
    * make batch of BNS - didn't do this yesterday
    * cutting up fabric for quilt/knitting/reading/listening to audio book/reading library book/watching Killing Eve for leisure
    * triage fruit bowl. Is becoming a massive produce pile so need to make sure everything is used up!
    [STRIKE]* do insurance quote[/STRIKE]
    * write letter of complaint to Mr A re cereal bars - I will do this today!
    * list 3 things on fleabay

Ok will see how I get on with these. I think I can get all of it done!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Choccygirl123
    Choccygirl123 Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Great tip about the old school board, have seen some great ideas. It looks like we'll be having chicken and noodles a lot as have a glut of both! Stir fry it is!

-checked my banking this morning (not great) but rent coming in tomorrow.

-Youngest ruined my NSD as needed dinner money topping up

-Still need to print amazon and Bio oil returns so hubby can post

-finish stick check and plan meals
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 10 October 2018 at 8:07AM
    Options
    Morning all!

Big hugs to ziggy, BB, ccl, foxgloves and anyone else who wants one

Feeling a bit ropey this morning, hopefully I'll perk up with brekkie and a coffee.

I have downloaded a new free offtime type app. The old one wasn't flexible enough without paying for pro. This one should be better. I want to limit my screen time.

Small things today:
    • B/L/D from stores - done
    • Washing OUT today (was very specific this time) - done
    • No sugary stuff. This has crept up far too much and is not good for me. - done
    • No alcohol
    • Heating off - done
    • Gym at lunchtime if well enough - done but not a good session
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Poss some knitting if am not too tired - done
    Small list again. I am very boring!

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 October 2018 at 9:02PM
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Looks nice outside today, so must get the washing out! Done, now dry :)
    Yesterday's washing to fold and put away (nothing needs ironing, thank goodness! :j Done
    Also did another load this afternoon, will peg it out tomorrow, which is supposed to be our last dry day for a while

Must check banks and update spreadsheet Done
    Pack one more ebay sale and take both to post office DoneTake stuff to sales unit this morning Done, load of rusty old junk that OH turfed out this time :cool:
    Brought lots of things back to accommodate said junk, now more or less put away for now.

Get some cash out of the bank while out, to pay for log delivery later Done
    And buy toothpaste, which I forgot yesterday - never mind, it is cheaper in Savers than in the SM! Done
    Help OH to haul said logs up to the woodshed when they arrive :eek: That'll be my exercise for today! Done, I always end up doing most of this, as OH is really anal about stacking the logs, leaving me to drag it all up from the lane at the back of the house :(

Felt filthy after carrying dusty logs, on top if rusty junk this morning :( Had a shower, washed my hair and put my clothes into the washing machine!

Plenty of stuff in the fridge for lunch Done
    Will make chorizo / white bean / tomato salad for dinner, as I have a bowl of very ripe cherry tomatoes to use up Done, some is left for tomorrow's lunch
    Hoover round as looking after little crawling GS tomorrow OH did this while I was at the shop :T
    That will do I think, as I seem to be developing the lurgy I have been fending off for the past week :(Definitely getting cold - that is all I need :( And am a bit achey from carrying boxes of junk this morning (and unloading from the car after lunch, and carrying it up 2 flights of stairs) and then all the logs this afternoon :eek:

Gosh DNMS, 8pm is a bit late for such little ones on a school night, with work for you the next day :eek: That was very generous of you! Good luck!

Babysitting tomorrow, so won't be making ambitious plans!
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 9 October 2018 at 7:23PM
    Options
    Hi October Overthrowers,

Morning!:coffee:Day off. :j

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Four:

* Check online banking. Done.

* Get some exercise as I avoided this for last two days. :pDone. Race-walked 5km along the prom in a storm. Impossible to cycle today.

* Batch cooked soup for lunch. Snuck some blended celery in; DW didn't notice.

* Leftover chicken for dinner. Done.

To be continued....

Things don't have to be perfect to be wonderful.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    DawnW wrote: »
    Help OH to haul said logs up to the woodshed when they arrive :eek: That'll be my exercise for today!

I hope you don't see anything nasty in there :D
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income