Credit Card Reclaiming Discussion

Options

Comments

• icecream123
    Options
    Hello

i am hoping someone can help me, I have two accounts with Barclaycard, do i only pay one £10 charge or will it be £20 to get my account information regarding charges i have received?

thanks
  • Alpine_Star
    Alpine_Star Posts: 1,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you mean a subject access request it would apply to all and any accounts, so just one £10.
  • taramo
    taramo Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    How do i find out when i opened an account for a store card
  • Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,289 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ask the card provider?
  • xxdiddiexx
    xxdiddiexx Posts: 330 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not much activity on this thread since 2015. Is there another somewhere?

Is it still ok to reclaim late payment fees and over limit charges from Credit Card Companies and have there been any changes to the templates?

Thank You :)
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    xxdiddiexx wrote: »
    Not much activity on this thread since 2015. Is there another somewhere?

Is it still ok to reclaim late payment fees and over limit charges from Credit Card Companies and have there been any changes to the templates?

Thank You :)

Generally speaking the banks will reject claims for historical charges because of the supreme court ruling in 2009 (while this was for bank charges it has set a precedent which has not been challenged in court). You can certainly ask but I wouldn't get my hopes up they will refund anything if you aren't in current financial hardship
  • brown1950
    brown1950 Posts: 264 Forumite
    Options
    Their is no precedent set in relation to credit card charges. This is the reason why the likes of Barclaycard do not go to Court and usually settle out of court. One example :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?448783-HP-Mum-v-BC-reclaiming-penalties-and-Compound-Int-t-**WON**-
  • Bennachie
    Options
    76Bramble wrote: »
    Yes you can, the process is just the same. I am at the court stage now with Argos card services.76Bramble:)
    What about if you only ever used it as a charge card, and never ran a debt? We used both our credit cards and our store cards like this, and still do so. I don't remember ever having paid a separate premium for anything. Will there be anything to claim for?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bennachie wrote: »
    What about if you only ever used it as a charge card, and never ran a debt? We used both our credit cards and our store cards like this, and still do so. I don't remember ever having paid a separate premium for anything. Will there be anything to claim for?

You only pay when you borrow beyond the interest free period. If you cleared in full, then you never paid anything and cant be refunded something you never paid.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • StuR
    Options
    Hi, I have several credit cards on which I had PPI which I didn't need but thought I had to have.

I have many years of statements showing the payments - do I have to include all of these with the claim? They are quite old, closed accounts so I suspect the credit card companies won't have kept the records. But there are an awful lot to scan!

Thanks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure