Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Giggle
    • By Giggle 28th May 09, 4:00 PM
    • 3,133Posts
    • 13,403Thanks
    Giggle
    New Nappy Cake
    • 28th May 09, 4:00 PM
    New Nappy Cake 28th May 09 at 4:00 PM
    Just thought i would get it going hope you all dont mind
Page 308
    • Giggle
    • By Giggle 11th Jun 13, 10:43 AM
    • 3,133 Posts
    • 13,403 Thanks
    Giggle
    I do buy from most shops as well but like Vikki i wouldnt use Primark.
    Im also very lucky to but a lot of my stuff wholesale but i dont think there is anything wrong from buying from the high street.
    Good luck and dont forget to post photos of your cakes
    I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It
    • CandyB101
    • By CandyB101 11th Jun 13, 11:35 AM
    • 1,222 Posts
    • 2,823 Thanks
    CandyB101
    Today's Pink 3 Tier .... (a bit on the dark side)
    A creative mess is better than tidy idleness
    • Giggle
    • By Giggle 11th Jun 13, 11:36 AM
    • 3,133 Posts
    • 13,403 Thanks
    Giggle
    Thats lovely Candy
    • Giggle
    • By Giggle 11th Jun 13, 11:57 AM
    • 3,133 Posts
    • 13,403 Thanks
    Giggle

My Baby Vest Cupcakes
    • Giggle
    • By Giggle 11th Jun 13, 11:58 AM
    • 3,133 Posts
    • 13,403 Thanks
    Giggle

My Baby Vest Ice Creams
    • Giggle
    • By Giggle 11th Jun 13, 12:00 PM
    • 3,133 Posts
    • 13,403 Thanks
    Giggle

My Best Selling Nappy Cake at craft fairs
    • moonpenny
    • By moonpenny 16th Jun 13, 12:59 PM
    • 2,035 Posts
    • 1,578 Thanks
    moonpenny
    Can I ask the cake makers who post out "mini" cakes. Is Royal Mail the cheapest way of sending them.

Going by the size (7x7x 12 inch high) they come under the medium category for prices which is over 5 and yet I have seen some selling on ebay with p&p of around 2.50.

Also, about boxes - they seem pretty reasonable until you factor in the delivery costs and then the packing inside, it works out too expensive.

I have never posted out so any advice would be appreciated!!!
  • Janey21
    Can I ask the cake makers who post out "mini" cakes. Is Royal Mail the cheapest way of sending them.

Going by the size (7x7x 12 inch high) they come under the medium category for prices which is over 5 and yet I have seen some selling on ebay with p&p of around 2.50.

Also, about boxes - they seem pretty reasonable until you factor in the delivery costs and then the packing inside, it works out too expensive.

I have never posted out so any advice would be appreciated!!!
    Originally posted by moonpenny
    Try MyHermes they are cheaper than Royal Mail but take a couple of days to get there, Ebay sellers may be swallowing the postal costs by adding it to their products they will not be sending for 2.50 believe me. I have my boxes custom made in white for a more professional look and I use plain white newspaper from my wholesalers as packaging, much cheaper than anything else you can buy. My larger cakes are sent via courier and I charge 8.95 for delivery. Hope that helps :-)
    Janey
    • moonpenny
    • By moonpenny 29th Jun 13, 4:30 PM
    • 2,035 Posts
    • 1,578 Thanks
    moonpenny
    Thank You! Janey

I know people are complaining about Royal Mails new parcel prices. The smallest is classed as medium and the bigger one is classed as small. It's crazy!!!!

Do you use My Hermes for all sizes of cakes or just the big ones?

I was wondering the best way to send "Minis" as they are small and quite lightweight.

What's happened to the Nappy Cake thread? Everyone has disappeared!
    • Giggle
    • By Giggle 29th Jun 13, 6:30 PM
    • 3,133 Posts
    • 13,403 Thanks
    Giggle

I think we are all on facebook now and in some nappy cake groups
    Last edited by Giggle; 21-07-2013 at 8:26 AM.
  • Janey21
    Thank You! Janey

I know people are complaining about Royal Mails new parcel prices. The smallest is classed as medium and the bigger one is classed as small. It's crazy!!!!

Do you use My Hermes for all sizes of cakes or just the big ones?

I was wondering the best way to send "Minis" as they are small and quite lightweight.

Sorry moonpenny not been on here since end of June, I use Myhermes for the smaller mini cakes etc but I use UPS via Interparcel, for my bigger cakes I have always found them reliable and it is next day delivery which is always a bonus for your customer. If you are on Facebook why not come and join our group it is a lot more active than this forum, everyone is friendly with some established nappy cake makers plus newbies who are just starting, we have a wholesaler who regularly posts in the group to keep us up to date with their new products, we share hints, tips and advice as well as having fun with our workshops and challenges, you are more than welcome.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/153858861321274/
    Janey x
    • Giggle
    • By Giggle 21st Jul 13, 8:39 AM
    • 3,133 Posts
    • 13,403 Thanks
    Giggle
    I just made us a nice new thread over on the crafting forum. See you all there

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=62545639#post62545639
  • ivoryprint
    Hi,

We provide boxes in cheap rates with quality printing service.
    Visit our website: ivoryprint.com
    Thanks,
    Edward
    • lizalloareds
    • By lizalloareds 30th Apr 19, 5:34 PM
    • 1,808 Posts
    • 17,414 Thanks
    lizalloareds
    Does anyone have a nappy cake list PDF for a boy
    September GC 30th aug-4th Oct 332.74/375 NSD 3
    Gc Jan 234.85/200 Feb 298.92/280March 298.42/280 April 270.49/280 May Gc 351.08/350 June 300.06/280 July 256.15/240
    Aug 318.74/280
    • vikki_louise
    • By vikki_louise 3rd May 19, 8:44 PM
    • 2,313 Posts
    • 5,880 Thanks
    vikki_louise
    Great to see this resurrected as I have a couple of orders and haven’t done one for ages
    Best wins in 2013 200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with 300 vouchers plus 1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

734Posts Today

6,121Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Delighted people are pushing @BorisJohnson on getting proper financial ed in schools. He says not enough resourc? https://t.co/c8Eb6BAwgU

• RT @MartinSLewis: I sued Facebook for defamation over scam ads & settled in return for 2 things that LAUNCH TODAY -1on1 scam help at new C?

• Bizzare German twitter mash article has called me "MARTIN LEWIS, der Geldsparexperte," Any german speakers out the? https://t.co/1tXEzCe4Y3

• Follow Martin