New Nappy Cake

Comments

• lrlrip
    lrlrip Posts: 586 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    natnat13 wrote: »
    Hi
    I am just getting in to all this, I think you need to charge per mile really especially with fuel prices the way they are x

Thanks that was what I was thinking
    SallyUK wrote: »
    Hi Irlrip

I offer collection from my house, posting and delivery.

Obviously the postage price would be whatever is the going rate for the size of box and whether the customer wants it to be sent so it needs to be signed for, if I'm delivering, I have a maximum distance that I'm prepared to travel - ie 30 miles and would just add on a fiver for petrol, and if I'm deliverying locally, then it's free delivery.

Hope that helps

Sal
    x

Thanks Sal, I will do free delivery in my local area but add for further a field.
    moonpenny wrote: »
    Beautiful towel cakes everyone!

Hi irlrip, I can't even deliver as I don't drive but I would certainly charge something if I did.
    For "local" could you just factor a couple of pounds into the price and offer free delivery, or say free delivery over a certain amount spent.

That is another good idea free delivery for the more expensive cakes, thanks.
  • stacylou
    stacylou Posts: 121 Forumite
    hiya.. does anyone know where i can find a step by step guide to making a nappy castle?
  • vikki_louise
    vikki_louise Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I've had an order for a first birthday cake, I've had some ideas (well lots of ideas) but im just stuck on what to do as my middle tier, normally i use a muslin and i just can't think of what to replace it with. What does everyone else do?
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
  • sazzlepink
    sazzlepink Posts: 112 Forumite
    Hi guys, can anyone point me in the direction of some cheap but quality baby wash cloths? Wholesale ideally! I have found the 6 pack ones in poundland but a) they feel so thin and b) they dont do yellow!! I could do with getting them for up to 70p each!!
    Many thanks in advance xx
  • sazzlepink
    sazzlepink wrote: »
    Hi guys, can anyone point me in the direction of some cheap but quality baby wash cloths? Wholesale ideally! I have found the 6 pack ones in poundland but a) they feel so thin and b) they dont do yellow!! I could do with getting them for up to 70p each!!
    Many thanks in advance xx

Or do you think flannels would work? This is for the top layer of a one tier cake
    TIA xx
  • xpf
    xpf Posts: 476 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have you looked for some winding (burp) cloths? You can usually pick those up for about that price. I haven't seen any near me in yellow but I don't have much of a selection of shops.
  • sazzlepink
    xpf wrote: »
    Have you looked for some winding (burp) cloths? You can usually pick those up for about that price. I haven't seen any near me in yellow but I don't have much of a selection of shops.

Hi thanks its more that I need something square if that makes sense?! I use a muslin cloth to wrap round the nappies then i need something to sit on top of them and then the teddy goes on top of that if that makes sense!
  • xpf
    xpf Posts: 476 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ah, in which case I usually use a bib and just push the ends down behind the muslin cloth which is wrapped around it
  • xpf wrote: »
    Ah, in which case I usually use a bib and just push the ends down behind the muslin cloth which is wrapped around it

Or a vest?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport