My year of living dangerously

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,306 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on getting leave paid :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That is great news on the holiday pay - they made me take mine. I found the last few weeks the hardest, I had left in my head and just wanted to get it over and done with. Hope it goes as well a it can for you.

Hopefully you will get some sort of tax refund eventually too.

I love nice face oil, especially the nice smelling ones. Pence per use makes them quite reasonable imho.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Another here pleased to hear about your holiday pay. :)

Aldi coffee was a surprise to me - I buy their coffee pods to use at work in the pod machine. £1.49 for ten pods and I find the strongest blend very nice. :). Certainly miles cheaper than Pret....
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    following - this seems like a nice thread :-)
  • beanielou
    Options
    Happy Friday ��
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• doingitanyway
    Options
    The creative path is what I was planning when I was made redundant DIA but DH got sick so I went and got a job. I'll always regret not being able to go for it.

You're mortgage and debt free so if there ever was a time for you it's must be now. I understand it's scary but if you didn't try I think you would regret it.

You can do it DIA and if you go for it and it turns out it's not for you, well, then you can do something else. Just remember to enjoy whatever you do.
    Thanks Parsniphead for sharing that. And you are so right about remembering to enjoy myself ;)
    Hope the new window quotes won't be too much of a pane . (Sorry:D)

It'll be a bit weird in a couple of weeks when you've left that place.
    I would imagine that your emotions will be all over the place at first .
    There will probably be some sort of weight lifted from your shoulders as you have left what sounds like a low morale situation , which is draining in itself . As you say though,.. breathe .

Maybe once you get your home totally sorted , you may find your new direction workwise while you are recharging the batteries .
    Good result on the holiday pay . When I left that awful place , I was holding onto as many days as I could throughout the year , which paid off also .
    Thanks AC. Very helpful insights.
    beanielou wrote: »
    Good news on getting leave paid :)
    I know. Really pleased. Thanks beanie :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    That is great news on the holiday pay - they made me take mine. I found the last few weeks the hardest, I had left in my head and just wanted to get it over and done with. Hope it goes as well a it can for you.

Hopefully you will get some sort of tax refund eventually too.

I love nice face oil, especially the nice smelling ones. Pence per use makes them quite reasonable imho.
    Thanks Redo :) The face oil smells of neroli, so relaxing. I think it is worth it as I use very little and it uplifts me.
    Another here pleased to hear about your holiday pay. :)

Aldi coffee was a surprise to me - I buy their coffee pods to use at work in the pod machine. £1.49 for ten pods and I find the strongest blend very nice. :). Certainly miles cheaper than Pret....
    Thanks SSG :) I used the coffee I bought and I am pleased with it for every day.
    klew356 wrote: »
    following - this seems like a nice thread :-)
    Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to post :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    For the past few days I have had to get up and be somewhere. I don’t have to be anywhere today so a restful Sunday. ;) Washing machine on and first I will clean the kitchen, sort my dining room and sit down to have a leisurely breakfast in a clean, ordered space.

I have had 2 leaving do’s in a row and there are none left that I feel I can’t say no to. It is a huge relief. :T I only need to be in the office for 3 days now before the end, so I can save money by eating at home and not travelling by public transport. The last few days have been expensive but sometimes you have to go with it and then put it behind you and crack on.

I have had days of eating and drinking the wrong things so I will be getting back on track with some batch cooking today; some chicken and veggies in the Dutch oven and prepping loads of kale too. ;)

Strangely excited about my quiet, pottering, cooking, cleaning, phone calls and ‘just being’ day.

Hope you are looking forward to your Sunday too :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,927 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have a great day DIA - sounds like it will be just what you wanted

more decluttering and sadly a little work for me, but that doesn't happen very often so all part of life's rich tapestry
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • beanielou
    Options
    Have a happy Sunday :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure