jemb Posts: 910 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Natalie! x
    Married the lovely Mr P 28th April 2012. Little P born 29th Jan 2014
  • wanchai_2
    wanchai_2 Posts: 2,955 Forumite
    Options
    MrsDrink wrote: »
    Awww thanks JemB!! I don't know if it's too red for burgundy lol. I do love it - and I've got a tub of the paintbox hair dye my hairdresser uses in my lighter flecks so as soon as the darkness of my boring brown has faded a little bit I will get MrD to dye it at home for me. :D I can't wait to go back to red :) (Please note - I don't think all browns are boring - just it makes me feel rather plain and dull).

Lol booo @ your OH Wanchai :rotfl: Does he not understand how important looking at pretties is!! :p He gets you over the whole Christmas period - lol plenty of time to see each other but only one opportunity to go craft hunting :rotfl: I think you should dump him for being so demanding :rotfl:

Well I'm having my first feelings of boredom lol. This is the first holiday I haven't got an OU assignment to keep me busy - well that is a lie October half term was - but we went on holiday which took all that up. The project I'm doing - scanning in all our childhood photos - I've done all of his photos - he was such a cute little boy - I would have most definitely have fancied him at school!! He has (and still has) the nicest most infectious smile ever. I hope I never stop seeing that. :D (Ooo if I was writing my own vows that would have to be in there -pass the sick bucket lol). It almost makes me want to have a child with him to see if they would be as cute as he was. (lol he told me off in a text for referring to his past state of cuteness like he isn't any more).

So yep I'm bored. :) Housework is boring (I have done the odd job - got a washing load done and on the radiators). Sat watching Christmas 24 films - lol but I suspect I've seen this one before.

I want something weddingy to do but other than order alcohol - which I've done - there isn't anything more I can do at the moment. *Stamps her feet*

So what are you all up to?
    Today might be MrD's last day at work so at least he'll be home to pester soon.
    Tomorrow night I'm off to my CBMIIWHO's house to stay the night.
    Then on Christmas Eve I'm making cheesecake - cannot wait!
    Then its Christmas day - hurrah!! Seeing both sets of parents.
    Boxing Day - lunch at MrD's parents with his sister and her family.
    Wednesday - lunch with my brother, his family, and my mum and Granddad.

LOL! I was totally sneaky and went to the craft shop first! It was like a crafty wonderland, lots of ideas! They have twine which is perfect! I found some FAB brown kraft paper - 45p a sheet though, so will work out expensive even after it's cut up! And then the matching envelopes. Hmmm. I know that Vistaprint is cheaper but they don't do the brown paper, do they?

Can't believe that you're bored already lol!!!!! :rotfl:

I'm finished work this afternoon until 3 Jan - YIIIIIPPPPPPEEEEEE :T:T and I can assure you that I won't be bored for a minute! :rotfl: Got lots of rellies and friends to visit over the Christmas period to celebrate my last Christmas as a single gal!
    I knew red was me the moment I looked in the mirror after my hair washing at the hair dressers - :D And it was seeing my mum's face that I knew I had to be red for the wedding :D (Helped by the fact when I asked MrD to imagine me walking down the aisle towards him, and then asked him what colour my hair was - he said red lol).

I'm not sure about the up do ness yet - my hair is a little bit shorter now than the top picture - it's jaw length. So it would sit off my shoulders really nicely for the dress. I never have my hair up and I don't know if a) it's too much faff to do on the morning of the wedding and b) whether I will look like me (another reason to have red hair I think - the kids in one of my schools knows me as the lady with the red hair).

I hope 5pm tomorrow gets here really quick for you so you can join the rest of us in holidayness :D

Aw, that's so sweet that everyone loves your red hair! It's a total no-brainer! :D
    7 Feb 2012: 10st7lbs :( 14 Feb: 10st4.5lbs :D 21 Feb: 10st4lbs * 1 March: 10st2.5lbs :j13 March: 10st3lbs (post-holiday) :o 30 March: 10st1.5lbs :D 4 April: 10st0.75lbs * 6 April: 9st13.5 lbs :) 27 April 9st12.5lbs * 16 May 9st12lbs * 11 June 9st11lbs * 15 June 9st9.5lbs * 20 June 9st8.5lbs :D 27 June 9st8lbs * 1 July 9st7lbs * 7 July 9st6.5lbs :D
  • MrsDrink
    MrsDrink Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    Options
    What shade of brown are you after? Have you thought about using brown parcel paper? you know the rolls of it you get from post offices. It could go really well with twine lace vintagey stuff, and is probably way cheaper than buying it from a craft place.
    :)
  • Lauralou
    Lauralou Posts: 983 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone:)

Thanks for all your help with what to buy my sister for her wedding. My sister text this morning to say shes been sick all through the night luckily its now and not next week when shes getting married.

Natalie you can not be bored its christmas! I always say if you want anything to do you can plan my wedding!

Christmas Day - will see my mum in the morning then OH's parents, where we are also staying the night (i just hope my waters don't go whilst we are there!:o)
    Boxing Day - My stepdad cooking another christmas lunch(he's working christmas day so doing the lunch on boxing day as he said he wants to have a christmas!)
    30th December - Sisters wedding and my due date:eek:!1 week and 1 day to go!
  • MrsDrink
    Options
    :) I'm sat watching the last 5 weeks Don't Tell The Bride lol. In a min though I'm going to do some exercise (that'll waste an hour). What do you want help sorting Laura?

Have you decided what to get your sister for her wedding?

*edit*
    Are they going on honeymoon straight away? How about Mr & Mrs passport holders.
  • nickki44
    nickki44 Posts: 254 Forumite
    Options
    Or "just married - Bride and Groom" luggage tags?
    The newest Mrs Lindley...... I married my Welsh Soulmate on 11-11-11 xxx
  • Lauralou
    Options
    No they are going on honeymoon in Feb. Thanks, will have a look online to see if i can find something like that.

Thanks Natalie, i'm ok with everything at the moment!!

Oh my wedding invites are sorted:jGot a design for them, really like them:D So they should be ready by Feb for me to send them out. I've done RSVP for june, so then that at least gives a month to chase some people up!
  • wanchai_2
    wanchai_2 Posts: 2,955 Forumite
    Options
    What shade of brown are you after? Have you thought about using brown parcel paper? you know the rolls of it you get from post offices. It could go really well with twine lace vintagey stuff, and is probably way cheaper than buying it from a craft place.
    :)

Good thinking! Only thing is, I want stiff 'card' rather than paper. :o
    Lauralou wrote: »
    No they are going on honeymoon in Feb. Thanks, will have a look online to see if i can find something like that.

Thanks Natalie, i'm ok with everything at the moment!!

Oh my wedding invites are sorted:jGot a design for them, really like them:D So they should be ready by Feb for me to send them out. I've done RSVP for june, so then that at least gives a month to chase some people up!

Ooooh, can you post pics or a link?

No idea when to send our invitations - was thinking around March with RSVP end of May. Is this a bit early? My mum said that sending them 6 weeks before is traditional but that's waaaay too close to the wire for me! :eek:

Sorry to hear that your sister's been ill - but, as you say, better now than next week! :o
    7 Feb 2012: 10st7lbs :( 14 Feb: 10st4.5lbs :D 21 Feb: 10st4lbs * 1 March: 10st2.5lbs :j13 March: 10st3lbs (post-holiday) :o 30 March: 10st1.5lbs :D 4 April: 10st0.75lbs * 6 April: 9st13.5 lbs :) 27 April 9st12.5lbs * 16 May 9st12lbs * 11 June 9st11lbs * 15 June 9st9.5lbs * 20 June 9st8.5lbs :D 27 June 9st8lbs * 1 July 9st7lbs * 7 July 9st6.5lbs :D
  • Lauralou
    Options
    I'm afraid i havn't got a pic, i will try and do one tomorrow.
    I think that's fine for the rsvp wanchai. I am saying the 1st of june! I know OH's mum said about sending them 6weeks before, i'd much prefer to do it 6months before!

I have had a look for my sisters wedding gift. Think i have decided on the anniversary book and personalised luggage tags.
  • MrsDrink
    Options
    I think because we're having our weddings during the summer hols it's best to give them out sooner rather than later so if people are desperate to attend they have plenty of notice and can work everything else around our dates... cause lets face it the world revolves around our weddings right? :)
    I'm posting ours during Feb half term. I plan on spending the next half term sorting out all the envelopes - am going to print onto white stickers and stick them on in the design I've written about previously. Feb half term is early this year so they will be out by the 18th Feb (5 months before the wedding). The deadline for RSVPs is 17th May (2 months before the wedding). Strictly speaking numbers don't really bother us, cause we're doing our own buffet, but I still want to have RSVP emails :)

Mmm stiff brown card. Have you tried http://www.pdacardandcraft.co.uk/? They were really reasonable for our stationery. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure