Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ...

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I'm glad you enjoyed your break.

WS sounds very manipulative. Do you think he will move out?
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,463 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hang on in there EE. He's being very childish. No doubt as this goes on you will realise more and more that you've made the right decision. We're all rooting for you xx
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm glad you enjoyed your break.

WS sounds very manipulative. Do you think he will move out?

He will definitely go - whether that is of his own accord or via a court order.
    I am hoping the former.

WS is swinging between telling me he wont be able to cope to telling me that he is excited about getting his own place and how house proud he will be - shame he never did any housework here!!!

He has opened a new bank account and was telling me tonight how he is going to run his finances - which is exactly how I have always run them for him so clearly something has sunk in.

I am still reading my diary on here form the start - just to remind myself of what has gone on over the years.Not everything was posted on here but a lot was so I have a lot of memory jogging going on!!!

He has a viewing tomorrow and one on Thurs - I have offered him my car for both days and I will get a lift to work (I cant have him pulling out for having no transport:rotfl:)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,552 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope that WS's viewings go well.
    Good idea on car.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • allthe7s
    allthe7s Posts: 187 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wow 8 years read!!! All on my phone too, my eyes hurt!

Must admit there were points where I thought you would stay with WS and sometimes I thought you would make it work and other times I wanted to kick him up the !!!! myself lol

You have done admirably the way you handle yourself and your debt and manage his finances too and throughout all of this you have raised 2 kids into (almost for DD) adulthood.

Fingers crossed WS viewings are successful and I hope telling the kids goes as well as it can x
    Preparing to go bankrupt April 2020
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,873 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope everything is OK EE?
    Hopefully he went to view the houses and found one suitable!

You said you're telling the children this weekend, so I'm sending (((hugs))) and hoping that things aren't too fraught Don't let him put the blame on you, the kids are old enough to know the truth.. XX
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope all is going ok with this EE. It's such a difficult time as I know only too well. We will both get through this even wiser and stronger than we already are.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    allthe7's can't believe you have wasted hours of your life that you will never get back reading my diary!!

Thanks everyone for your comments and support.

WS looked at 5 properties this week and has fallen in love with a cottage (I guessed he would), the owner asked to meet him as well so he met her last night and she likes him. He has been to the estate agents today to pay the admin fee and they will do all their checks this coming week.
    If everything goes ok he will be able to move in next weekend.

Unfortunately we have not been able to tell the kids yet, DD invited a friend to stay yesterday and she is still here now and doesn't appear to know when she is going home. I don't want to tell DD when her friend is here and WS is going away with work tomorrow morning and will be back Mon pm - I was hoping we would tell her together so we can answer any questions she has so it may have to wait until Mon and that's as long as friend has gone home.

DS is out this weekend for his girlfriends birthday so I don't want to spoil their weekend - I will tell him as soon as DD knows.

I also want to let my family know but cant do that until DD and DS know so its all a bit of a waiting game.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    That's great news that WS has found a cottage he likes and even better that he's paid the admin fee. Just a thought, will he pass the credit checks?

How frustrating that you can't tell DD yet. Please tell the DC the truth about the break up because it would be unfair if they blamed you for the break up.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,873 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad things are moving positively re him moving out, and hopefully everything will go smoothly.

A few more days waiting to tell the children is not a lot in the big scheme of things and I agree you both need to be there to explain properly.

Take care of yourself ((hugs))
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family