PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• thecoffeehouse204
    Options
    Penitent wrote: »
    That is among the most ugly houses I've seen.

I'm not sure what's going on with that third bedroom. The floorplan shows a built-in wardrobe and the door in an alcove. The photo shows an ugly stand-alone wardrobe that's way too big for the room. Plus, with the measurements they've given, you'd be able to fit a bed either way around if the Giant Wardrobe of Doom wasn't there. You might fit a bed along the wall with the radiator, but there's no way you'd get it along the other wall. I think someone's fudged the measurements.

Glad it's not just me, doesn't really fit in with the rest of the surrounding houses either as the rest are semi's, think it was a house squeezed into a sold of bit of garden as its number is 44A!
    Think they've gone way too overboard with the refurb but someone was daft enough to snap up one of the nearby semi's for £220k in less than five days a few months ago so they might get lucky.
  • jimbog
    jimbog Posts: 2,113 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    85600_3681731_FLP_01_0000_max_600x600.jpg

85600_4456312_FLP_24_0000_max_600x600.jpg
    Gather ye rosebuds while ye may
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options

I'm not sure what's going on with that third bedroom. The floorplan shows a built-in wardrobe and the door in an alcove. The photo shows an ugly stand-alone wardrobe that's way too big for the room. Plus, with the measurements they've given, you'd be able to fit a bed either way around if the Giant Wardrobe of Doom wasn't there. You might fit a bed along the wall with the radiator, but there's no way you'd get it along the other wall. I think someone's fudged the measurements.

As my grandfather would have said it stinks of a ruler
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    As my grandfather would have said it stinks of a ruler

I won't ask where he kept his! :eek:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

In Leicester, there are houses that get transformed like this. Even beautiful houses large pre WW2 houses get knocked down to replaced with soulless houses like the one mentioned.

About a fortnight ago, I drove past this house and it was fenced off. There are no details on RM, but it was sold in Dec 2013 for £425k . This is the house on Streetview - use the oldest image to see the house best

I bet it will be knocked down and something awful will be built on the land. Such as this The better examples, SV hasn't been down the roads since spring 2014 and I would been able to show actual examples of 1930s houses being knocked down and replaced with ugly things on the same plot of land..

Shame on Leicester City Council's planning department for allowing this!
  • phoebe1989seb
    phoebe1989seb Posts: 4,452 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Absolutely love this - chance to play spot the stag's head if anyone feels so inclined, but just enjoy a gorgeous church conversion (spotted it on the Country Life blog earlier and had to share!)

https://countrylife.onthemarket.com/details/3679870/

Stunning......love it!
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    House with caged woman thrown in?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60662827.html

Somebody certainly should be locked-up for the decor in some rooms, and for the Spanish or Mexican style exterior treatment of a bog standard bungalow!
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    Whatever you do, do NOT feed him after midnight
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60699949.html
  • mysterymurdoch
    Options
    This house appears to have some form of large climbing frame in the back garden http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-49136397.html
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,514 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Many of those climbing frames have been removed but I believe that some are listed. Wonder which category that one is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure