PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Black Saturn's evening meal planner

Options

Comments

• black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well said. We do eat fruit but not as much as we should because it really does upset our stomachs. But this meal planner is for evening meals only. Its totally up to you how much fruit you eat the rest of the day.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the effort and time you put into doing this BS. :AI'm sure we will all use and take away whatever suits our own households. Do you brown off the chicken first? and does it thicken up nicely in the SC?. I'd love to try the icecream but do you mean carnation cream in a tin?

Zombie Maybe you can post those recipes as well. They sound nice. I am not vegetarian but I do include about 3 -4 meals per week that are. I've been doing this for a few months now. I really enjoy them.
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

• Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well it's only an evening meal planner this time, not a whole weeks meals. I buy about 4 pints per week though and I don't buy any wine.

sorry BS

I was looking at the shopping list

although my kids do drink at least one glass of fruit juice or milk with each evening meal :)
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yay glad this is back
    just hope this one doesnt turn nasty <sigh> :(

thanks BS :)
  • zubezube
    zubezube Posts: 659 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks BS, i really enjoyed your last meal planner, it gave me a lot of ideas, hope you continue this, and people appreciate it for what it is.
    :pwould like to make it known it is not a DHN, she's dancing :p

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.:A
  • brokenwings
    brokenwings Posts: 608 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I also want to say thanks BS
    your last meal planner really inspired me
    as has this one - i wont be following it to a tea ( scuse the pun lol ) cause my dad ( who i cook dinner for most days ) is a meat and potatotoes man who wont eat anything that looks 'mixed up' - but you have given me ideas i would never have thought of under my own steam

thank you
  • black-saturn
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    AussieLass wrote:
    Thanks for the effort and time you put into doing this BS. :AI'm sure we will all use and take away whatever suits our own households.

Thankyou
    AussieLass wrote:
    Do you brown off the chicken first? and does it thicken up nicely in the SC?.

No I dont usually brown the chicken off first but I suppose you could if you prefer. It thickens up OK in the slow cooker but if you like ti thicker you could add some cornflour.
    AussieLass wrote:
    I'd love to try the icecream but do you mean carnation cream in a tin?
    Yes thats it.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • broke_mary
    broke_mary Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    hi black-saturn

love this thread lots of brilliant ideas.

rikki mentioned your chocolate brownies i'd love the recipe please can't seem to find it anywhere HELP!!

thanks
    1. jan GC £200
    2. 3rd-9th[STRIKE]£50.00[/STRIKE]actual spend £95.00 :eek:
    3. 10th-16th [STRIKE]£50.00[/STRIKE]£35.00
    4. 17th-23rd [STRIKE]£50.00[/STRIKE]£35.00
    5. 24th-30th [STRIKE]£50.00[/STRIKE]£35.00
  • black-saturn
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It was a chocolate mousse.

Chocolate Mousse

Add about 3 quarters of a pint of single cream to a saucepan and heat up till almost at boiling point and add 1 block of value plain chocolate broken into cubes. Stir until the chocolate is melted and add to bowls and put in fridge to set.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • broke_mary
    broke_mary Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    thank-you that was from your other meal planner thread wasn't it?

tried that and we all loved it along with all of your other recipes i have tried keep up the good work
    1. jan GC £200
    2. 3rd-9th[STRIKE]£50.00[/STRIKE]actual spend £95.00 :eek:
    3. 10th-16th [STRIKE]£50.00[/STRIKE]£35.00
    4. 17th-23rd [STRIKE]£50.00[/STRIKE]£35.00
    5. 24th-30th [STRIKE]£50.00[/STRIKE]£35.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts