PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Black Saturn's evening meal planner

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    HM Vanilla ice Cream

Before you open the tins of cream shake them up so that they thicken inside the tin. Add 4 tins (I'm making enough for the whole week) of sterilied cream to an empty ice cream tub. Add about 4 ounces of vanilla sugar or 4 oz granulated sugar mixed with one and a half teaspoons of vanilla essence. Whisk together. Place in the freezer for about 5 hours. Take out of the freezer about 30 minutes before serving.

If thats that Carnation stuff, I love that. I must try this:T
  • mama67
    mama67 Posts: 1,367 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have just made the Choc Brownies, they are delish and so much easier and cheaper than the Nigella ones I usually make
    My self & hubby; 2 sons (28 & 25). Now also a daughter (36). Eldest son has his own house with partner & her 2 children (10 & 8)
    Youngest looking to buy a house end of 2024.
    Daughter married with 3 boys (11, 8 & 4).
    My mother always served up leftovers we never knew what the original meal was. - Tracey Ulman
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    HM Vanilla ice Cream

Before you open the tins of cream shake them up so that they thicken inside the tin. Add 4 tins (I'm making enough for the whole week) of sterilied cream to an empty ice cream tub. Add about 4 ounces of vanilla sugar or 4 oz granulated sugar mixed with one and a half teaspoons of vanilla essence. Whisk together. Place in the freezer for about 5 hours. Take out of the freezer about 30 minutes before serving.

I thought of this recipe the other day - I haven't tried it yet.

But it was a foodie mag & it said if you use tinned milk in your icecream you won't get ice crystals & it will freeze nicely.

So I'm going to try this sometime. Is it evaporated or condensed milk I need to use?
  • anguk
    anguk Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    MrsE wrote: »
    I thought of this recipe the other day - I haven't tried it yet.

But it was a foodie mag & it said if you use tinned milk in your icecream you won't get ice crystals & it will freeze nicely.

So I'm going to try this sometime. Is it evaporated or condensed milk I need to use?
    I don't think it's evaporated or condensed, I think it's the tinned sterilised cream you're meant to use.

I think this is it:
    http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Cream/Nestle_Pure_Dairy_Sterilised_Cream_283g.html
    Dum Spiro Spero
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport