IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

AOS completed, defense required

Options

Comments

• TPSTwats
    TPSTwats Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    Maam?

:)
  • TRNC
    TRNC Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    TPSTwats wrote: »
    I have visited the site and made some photos and a short video. This should give me all of the documents required as outlined by the newbies thread.

Would anyone be available to review these before i submit them to the court please?
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1oqsnKVTZmb3uioY0mH3xuyOrPQDY0Fd4

I am hoping to submit them electronically and then if i have time, submit them using a well organised binder has suggested.

With kind regards, TPSTwats.

Where is the WS?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    How have you arrived at loss of earnings of 8hrs x £50 = £400? If that is your hourly rate, you'll need to show the Judge pay slips to prove it. If you're self employed, many Judges award nothing.

But you do know that in the small claims court it is capped at £95 for only half a day's pay (or loss of annual leave).
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • TPSTwats
    Options
    Apologies must have missed the WS, i will upload it latter on today.
  • TPSTwats
    Options
    Ok, just uploaded the WS.

With kind regards, TPSTwats.
  • TPSTwats
    Options
    Bump Bump Bump
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Just copy and paste it in. I don't follow links to random drives.
  • TPSTwats
    Options
    1. I am X, the Defendant in this matter. I will say as follows:

2. On Y, I was visiting a friend who is a resident at H. I parked my vehicle registration no. Sin the car park.

3. I parked the vehicle with permission from a resident at approximately 13:00pm. The resident had run out of visitor permits as so was not able to provide one for parking the vehicle, however, they were in the process of ordering some. I left the premises at approximately 14:00pm.

4. The process for ordering new visitor permits (residents are initially limited to only 40) is long winded and also costly and there is no alternative offered during the time of residents running out of permits and ordering new ones.

5. I arrived at the car park in the hours of darkness and the signs were difficult to read as they are not lit. The signs were difficult to read in this situation and it did not help that the print was small.

6. The signs at xxx do not conform to the requirements of schedule 1 of the IPC Code of Practice, as follows:

a. There are no entrance signs as requested in Part E Schedule 1 of the IPC Code of Practice (see Exhibit A).
    b. The signs are not all illuminated as requested in Part E Schedule 1 of the IPC Code of Practice (Exhibit B).
    c. Total Parking Solutions Limited have no identified themselves as ‘the creditor’ (Part E Schedule 1 of the IPC Code of Practice (Exhibit B).

7. The terms of the sign are also unfair and a disguised penalty. As stated in the Unfair Terms I Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999:

a. ''5.(1) A contractual term which has not been individually negotiated shall be regarded as unfair if, contrary to the requirement of good faith, it causes a significant imbalance in the parties' rights and obligations arising under the contract, to the detriment of the consumer.
    b. (2) A term shall always be regarded as not having been individually negotiated where it has been drafted in advance and the consumer has therefore not been able to influence the substance of the term.''

8. Since receiving the penalty charge notice The Claimant has not supplied further and better particulars, even though I have requested these on multiple occasions.

9. The BW Legal Limited’s FAQ’s which was sent to me in my reply for further and better particulars did not fulfil any of my requests and was a shameful attempt to do so. They in no way answered any queries I had and this should have been obvious to The Claimant.

10. The Claimant has not notified me whether I am being pursued as the driver or the keeper of the vehicle.

11. I feel that I have not been made fully aware of what I need to defend. I am concerned that the vague automatically generated claims are disproportionate to the time the court needs to spend on such matters and believe the court should use its management powers under CPR 3.3 so as to remove the burden of such template time-consuming claims from the court systems.

12. The Claimant has sent threatening and misleading demands which stated that further debt recovery action and costs would be taken to recover what is owed by passing the debt to a recovery agent. These letters suggested to me that a County Court Judgement would apply if matters were taken to court and that this could affect my ability to obtain credit, pressuring me into paying something I believe is unjust.

13. The Court is invited to dismiss the claim and to award my costs of dealing with this claim and attendance at the hearing, such as is allowable pursuant to CPR 27.14.

Statement of Truth

I believe that the facts stated in this Witness Statement are true.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    3) 13:00pm is not a real time
    Its either
    OR
    1pm
    Pick one.

1pm isnt the hours of darkness, so immediatley you are committing perjury by signing this WS

4) And? That isnt the fault of the Claimant, its the bad planning of the lessor and you. How does it assist?

5) Where is your evidene of the signs being unlit and the signs being small? This is your chance to reference them. You reference them WITHIN your WS using INTIALS/001 as the indexing scheme

6) A request is not a requirement. A request is something they can ignore. Dont call it a reques t- it is a must, a should, or a could. A must is important.

7) Didnt the UTCCR get replaced by the CRA2015? ALso, how are you giving evidence of statute? You are allowed to give FACTS in a Witness Statemnt, you cannot advance new arguments

8) Penalty charge? Unless a court ordered them, of its own bat or you made an APplication that the court the agreed with, the lack of Further and Brtter PoC isnt going to help yu

9) Did you really ask them for F&B PoC? In those exact terms?

11) Not a fact
    12)Not a defence and doesnt support a defence so not sure how it is relevant
    13) Not a fact, not something you woudl say on the witness stand

Surely there was more to your defence than that? Nothing on standing? If there was, then you need to state you asked them to prove standing on... the response was... etc.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Also ...........
    5) is repetitious
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income