The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 March 2017 at 9:06PM
    Options
    MSE have organised a fantastic offer of Hidcote and Munsted lavender plants with Thomson and Morgan for only £4.95. I have just ordered them. The lavender will save money as i wont need to buy them every year like I do with the expensive plants I usually do. Mum says that lavender spreads it is like a weed. The impact isn't so great it is a bit boring. But it will go with my purple slate and I do like their smell though and they are so cheap and don't need much looking after other than watering unlike my usual expensive plants which will be about £27.

I have been asleep all afternoon. I just woke up and saw phone messages from everyone about terrorist attack in London. OMG.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    edited 23 March 2017 at 7:48PM
    Options
    I was supposed to clean the oven but as I only cleaned the doors but I don't have any oven cleaner only the glass cleaner stuff so Steve's cunning plan to keep me busy has been foiled. :beer:

Am just chilling. I ordered some lobelia seeds too including postage it is only £2.49. So my garden has only cost £7.90 in total. That's amazing. I was so tired again today and slept all afternoon!

Tomorrow if the weather is good I am going to walk to the supermarket and get some more food.

I am deciding what to do over Easter. I might stay here and go out with the boys and go to the Midlands over the summer instead. I think that will be better for my voice as they don't expect me to talk all the time whereas my parents will as they get so excited. I can do some gardening and chill out too.
  • snozberry
    snozberry Posts: 1,200 Forumite
    Options
    I can't stand cleaning the oven :(
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Neither can I. I only cleaned the door last week. Skint yet Again has the medal for oven cleaning on this forum. :rotfl:

7 days left till payday. I can't wait. I think I have been good so far this month. Once I pay off this credit card that's it and I wont run up one for more than £70 again.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Well done on the plants SW I did have a look at the website and they have some good deals but I have to wait until my fence is replaced at Easter and then see what is left in the garden pot !
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    edited 24 March 2017 at 7:28PM
    Options
    Today I went to drs to request a dr's note for next week. Then I went to town and I came back with £10 of food and fell fast asleep.

I am shattered. lol.

It's going to be a good weekend. I am going to make chicken curry tomorrow . Then I will plant the gladioli the gang bought me and get the garden ready for the lobelia I ordered. I also have to do some work. That's plenty for the weekend.

I just tried to open the oven cleaner so I could cover the wiretrays. I have rubbish feeling in my fingers so I have been unable to open it. I will ask a neighbour tomorrow. Kitchen is now tidy.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    I struggle with safety caps too. Especially bleach where you have to squeeze both sides and twist at the same time. I can sometimes manage it with a betterware thick rubber bottle/jar opener I bought but otherwise its DS or the neighbours too

It sounds like your garden is going to look lovely you have inspired me to try and do some weeding in my raised bed this weekend
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    edited 25 March 2017 at 9:27PM
    Options
    Morning it is bright outside but a little nippy. ###
    I have put some clothes out to dry.

[STRIKE]I have been digging one of the flower beds up. Getting rid of weeds to put in the lobelia seeds.

My neighbours kindly opened up the oven cleaner and I am using it to coat the metal bits. I am leaving it to soak overnight well impressed. After 5 mins it looked amazing. I still need to tidy out inside of oven. But that can wait till next wek
    [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Tonight I will cook a curry[/STRIKE], then plant gladioli tomorrow.

I think I can talk and it hurts only a bit. I thought I was cured then one of my work friends came and it hurt. When I spoke to neighbours it hurt more. Still it is better than before. At least I am making a noise now.

Now I am reading a book. Will cook indian rice in a bit. Weather is turning a bit chilly. Am not sure if the lobelia will take I should have put it in greenhouse but I am not so fussy this is the year of being creative so I have just sown it one month early and hope for the best. :D

Five days till payday. Not that I'm desperate or anything.:rotfl:
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,613 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 26 March 2017 at 8:29AM
    Options
    You managed loads yesterday too SW ! :cool:
    Sorry to hear your throat is still so painful.

Gladioli sound fab, always make me think of Dame Edna :rotfl: I must admit I'm a fend for itself gardener - if its in the garden all it gets is a tidy and a bit of pruning - it either lives or dies as I don't do watering !

Living off savings diary
  • savingwannabe
    edited 26 March 2017 at 6:23PM
    Options
    I had a massive lie in after a v late breakfast. I still haven't changed the clocks. I will later. I'm just enjoying the sun. Today there is barely any wind just lovely sun. The days will get brighter things are on the up. Roll on summer I hope it's as fantastic as last years.

I just cleaned out the wire trays from my oven. That oven cleaner stuff is amazing. Well done the poundshop. Then I coated the bottom of the oven with more oven cleaner. I will clean it tomorrow.

I have gathered all the weeds and put them into a container and will ask handyman to take them to the tip. Nearly blooming died doing it. So tired. I am too lazy to garden.

Ive decided not to do any work I will do it next week. Today I wanted to enjoy the sunshine. It's like summer out there. So happy.What a lovely day.

I am debating whether to go to supermarket tomorrow and see if I can get any cheap flowers. I did that after Valentines and I got some real bargains.:beer::D

4 days till payday. OMG. I can't wait to pay off credit card of £155 and I will never spend on nonsense again. EVER. EVER. I hope. I seem to spend my whole life waiting for payday but I am so glad I am saving money at last.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure