£1.00 coupon off nivia soft today in metro

also £1.00 back on cos

so works out free as only £2.00 in morries

HRT xx
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Good morning all, finally a lovely clear blue sky :D
    altojack wrote: »
    Hillbern posted this earlier in Techies lair. Rather a brusque reply and no help. I hope she doesn't mind me bringing it here to see if any of the lovely Elite can help her. Thank you xx

don't know if anyone has any ideas? I have an hp laptop, probably 10 years old...the screen has gone black, earlier today I could put in my password then I was okay for about an hour, but now I turn laptop on and I have a black screen and that's it...
    is it time to replace or is there anything I can do to put life in the little old lady ?

Hillbern:

Have you tried it again since then? Is the screen totally black or do you see some variation when the laptop is turned on? Can you connect it to another monitor to find out if it is the screen or the laptop?

Have you tried starting it in Safe Mode (press button to start it up, then repeatedly press F8 until it starts (or does not as the case may be)

If you can get it restarted either in safe or normal mode, load up CC Cleaner and run it, this may buy you a little time to get everything you need off the hard disk, but quite honestly 10 years is a very good age for a laptop, and you really need to consider the idea that it is either dead or dying, it will not last too much longer (That said, my OH has a computer that is at least 15 years old, but it no longer goes online and only functions in the most basic sense).
    I got an Acer Aspire for Christmas, not my choice, but I'm sure it will be fine for what I want it for :o Trouble is, do these machines have documents please? It seemed that Microsoft wanted to know if I wanted to buy :eek:

Computers haven't come with manuals (assume that is what you mean) for a long time. Most things you need to know you can either find out in the "help" section on your computer, or online. If you are after a manual it would be horrifically thick these days to cover every eventuality.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • louj101
    louj101 Posts: 1,704 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lou i havent forgotten to reply to your PM but time has not been on my side very much in the last few days!

aww thats ok dizzy x i know your really busy xx

:(broke my back doing glitching :eek:
  • louj101
    louj101 Posts: 1,704 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    izzeyb wrote: »
    Morning, zippy tested the toblerone against Waitrose comparison.

£5.00 in Asda v £1.00 in Waitrose.

The comparison is currently showing on mysupermarket; when it goes OOS against Waitrose, it 'should' continue to compare for 7 days.

You can buy any number, but just remember how much your APG will be and stick within your own comfort zone for using it.

morning x
    thank you thank you :)

:(broke my back doing glitching :eek:
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Tobshopper wrote: »
    Tobs started working yesterday morning.
    Good morning happy people

You did not know that yesterday morning. You posted much much later. You even said to look out for my report
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 16 January 2018 at 9:43AM
    Options
    7 items on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Waitrose
    1x ASDA Smart Price Dish Cloths (5pk) £0.73 N/A
    1x Domestos Bleach Pink Power (750ml) £1.00 £1.00
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (2pt) £0.79 £0.85
    1x Hovis Seed Sensations Seven Seeds Bread (800g) £1.40 £1.40
    1x Toblerone Milk Chocolate Large Bar (360g) £5.00 £1.00
    1x ASDA Smart Price Sponge Scourers (8pk) £0.40 N/A
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) £0.10 £0.09
    1x Domestos Bleach Original (750ml) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Domestos Bleach Citrus Fresh (750ml) £1.00 £1.00
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    tweets....are you affected by the Carillion collapse?

I don't think so not been or heard anything .....
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    She has already gone to bed TM, like a good girl :cool:

For good it did me grr .....
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning all :)
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,967 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hillbern posted this earlier in Techies lair. Rather a brusque reply and no help. I hope she doesn't mind me bringing it here to see if any of the lovely Elite can help her. Thank you xx

don't know if anyone has any ideas? I have an hp laptop, probably 10 years old...the screen has gone black, earlier today I could put in my password then I was okay for about an hour, but now I turn laptop on and I have a black screen and that's it...
    is it time to replace or is there anything I can do to put life in the little old lady ?

Could be as simple as the lead connecting the screen has broken.

One thing to try is to unplug and remove the battery for a minute. Then put the battery back in, switch it on and leave for a few minutes and see if that helps. (No techy knowledge but that works for my laptop when it gets stroppy with me).
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure