Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My other need to know is about photos on ipad air. I have 3 years of photos all in a clump and keep flipping from finish to start to find what I want :mad: Is it possible to put these in groups or something, say like separate folders? :o
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm all alone here so off I go to find someone else to pester :D
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    for a couple of weeks it feels like you are well comfortable and you have to resist the urge to look at cruise timetables :) LOL )
    Dont resist, life is too precious to resist.
    I spent about 8=9 years of my life without a single holiday, now I just cant get enough. I know I am very fortunate to have as many as I do, but also, I am making up for lost time when I just didnt bother with them.
    altojack wrote: »
    I'm all alone here so off I go to find someone else to pester :D
    Im here, but off to bed in a mo.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 16 January 2018 at 2:37AM
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    Also showing on msm so hopefully asda has picked it up as well. For apgs. Pity I’m at work
    Mind I’d check my waitrose for stock 1st

"A" test shop done.

8_B8348_F4-_D428-4431-_B2_D4-_A793_D97_D8_A46.jpg

think i should have waited till later, as it looks like my waities has stock. as i can check out on line.
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    "A" test shop done.

8_B8348_F4-_D428-4431-_B2_D4-_A793_D97_D8_A46.jpg

think i should have waited till later, as it looks like my waities has stock. as i can check out on line.

Bit dear isn't it? Was 75p (less 10%) last time:rotfl:.
  • Savvybuyer
    Options
    izzy65 wrote: »
    Evening all, TM I respect your feelings on this and as found in law what he did was unacceptable, but:o if my surgeon had tattooed my transplant I honestly wouldn't of cared and if a transplant became available right now and he was the surgeon available I wouldn't turn it down.:o

But it was wrong though (which you've more or less said) and it is assault. I don't think I would want that - however I think we look at "burning" and think something really bad when the marks would disappear and cause no harm as such. However, it is without consent and I don't think anyone reasonably would regard it as professional (I am tiptoeing here as I don't know whether or not he has actually been found guilty of unprofessional conduct by the General Medical Council - it says he was found not to have met the standards required of a doctor).

The report says he is still working for the NHS.

In my view, on a completely separate point in regard to your own post, he shouldn't be the surgeon available for you to fail to turn down. There should only be other surgeons who do not do such burns.
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    Bit dear isn't it? Was 75p (less 10%) last time:rotfl:.

And it was 40g heavier
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 16 January 2018 at 7:07PM
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I’m fuming tonight:mad::eek:

I can’t get this news story out of my head

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jan/12/surgeon-burned-initials-livers-two-patients-fined-simon-bramhall-assault-transplant

Who the hell does he think he is......God?

I think you should complain to the surgeon that he has caused you offence and seek an apology from him:rotfl:.

Is not right though, is it, upsetting anyone?

I've decided, given the numerous occasions on which I have been seriously upset, by conduct of a therefore wholly unacceptable nature being carried out around me against my wishes, that there are only two reasons in which it is ever acceptable to upset someone:

(1) If you are a doctor or medical professional revealing to a person that has a terminal illness that that is the case. (I think they have got to be told, even though that will cause them the unimaginable upset it will.)

(2) If you are discussing a matter that is distressing where it is a matter that it is clearly in the public interest to know information about.
  • diluvsdiscounts
    diluvsdiscounts Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 16 January 2018 at 7:41AM
    Options
    Good morning.

Cjj good on you. Always remember bullies are weak people and pick on others to try and big themselves up so really you should pity them. I don't know how these people live with themselves, well done for making a stand.

It's time to start looking at holidays again. Again I think we might look at AJ s neck of the woods, my friend tries to convince me that we would love Norfolk I just get a bit lost when I start looking. We have done Cornwall so many times that we definitely want a change this year.

I got a very welcome phone call from my boss yesterday it would appear I have been on an emergency tax code so I'm due a huge rebate, put it this way it will cover my wages for the ten weeks I'll be off work.

Marmite I hope your son gets sorted I have a cousin who lives in Warrington I can ask her if she knows of any house shares.

Have a good day
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Good morning all

c6b49191201f77451edfbacfebeb3a92.jpg
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure