Welcome Finance - Anyone been successful?

Options

Comments

• tinkebelle
    Options
    Hello all,Sorry to hijack this thread but I dont know where else I can post it.
    My problem is this.....I bought a car through Welcome Finance in July 2005 and just 1 year later became disabled.Luckily I had also bought the PPI which has made all payments up untill July 2009 which SHOULD of been the last payment date.
    BUT.....Welcome Finance didnt take their first payment untill Sept 2005....so I paid for PPI that covered the first 2 months when I didnt need to and now Welcome Finance are sending me letters demanding the £550 outstanding and threatening to take the car back if it is not paid in full.....any help would be appreciated
  • jenniffer1979
    Options
    i have been going through my complaint for the last 3 months they have finally made me an offer which reduces my current payments by £40 per month and they owe me £500 for the year i have been paying.
    They sent the forms for me to sign on which i noticed there were 2 boxes one to agree to the offer and one for insurance, so i signed the 1st box and put a not on the insurance box saying i dont want any. I then sent this recorded delivery as they keep "losing my paperwork", i called them yesterday to see if they had recieved it and they had but have not paid me out as i did not sign the insurance box, i explained to the man that i dont want any of their insurance, he went off and then came back saying he was really sorry but my original complaint had been misunderstood they didnt realise that i didnt want any insurance!!! which was my whole complaint!!! so they have now recalculated and they owe me £950 for one year of payments and my payments are reduced by nearly £80 per month.

i originally sent the first and second letter and they denied it was their fault, i then sent them a really nasty letter explaining that i would give them no more time and that i was sending all of my paperwork to the FOS today and i had my offer back within one week, so its worth following through.

£80 per month in PPi chargers they are absolute robbers.
  • xxkaren32
    xxkaren32 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    We started out sending the first letter in August and received our cheque after resigning a new agreement in October 2009, today they have telephoned us to say we are in arrears even tho we have not missed a payment from the start and yet they could not see where the arrears came on to the account as mysteriously they only go back to November 2007...this company does not know what they are doing!!
  • biglady
    Options
    I really am having a lot of trouble with Welcome finance I took a personal loan with them in Feb 2006 and a car loan in July 2007 unfortanetly and they keep saying that I am owe them loads of money. They say I have missed several payments which I find hard to believe as I know the way they work!"!!!! Anyway I got copies from my bank of the supposed missed payments and sent them to them and surprise surprise they say they didn't receive them, so I went back t my bank and got yet more copies, as I had mislaid the originals (we recently moved house), and sent them, now the chap that deals with my account is saying that I haven't missed any payment all bar one that I was aware of but he is saying I am still owe them over £700 on each which I vehemently dispute told him I am not going to pay them anymore money he said they would send debt collector round told himif he did would get solicitor on it but I cant stand the stress.

Does anyone please please have any idea where I can go from here:) Thanks
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    biglady wrote: »
    I really am having a lot of trouble with Welcome finance I took a personal loan with them in Feb 2006 and a car loan in July 2007 unfortanetly and they keep saying that I am owe them loads of money. They say I have missed several payments which I find hard to believe as I know the way they work!"!!!! Anyway I got copies from my bank of the supposed missed payments and sent them to them and surprise surprise they say they didn't receive them, so I went back t my bank and got yet more copies, as I had mislaid the originals (we recently moved house), and sent them, now the chap that deals with my account is saying that I haven't missed any payment all bar one that I was aware of but he is saying I am still owe them over £700 on each which I vehemently dispute told him I am not going to pay them anymore money he said they would send debt collector round told himif he did would get solicitor on it but I cant stand the stress.

Does anyone please please have any idea where I can go from here:) Thanks

Hi there and welcome (no pun intended lol) X

Personally, if you can, I would still continue to make your repayments, if you cannot do this due to hardship reasons, then make an affordable payment arrangement plan.

Have you also got a case to deal with of being mis sold the PPI?

Anyway, in regards of your payment, if your having any trouble meeting them, I would post on the debtfreewannbe thread, where there are lots in the same situation, and you will receive help and advice on where to take this, and the best direction to take, as there are also template letters to send, to avoid anyone calling at your house to collect payments.
    Good luck with this, hope its sorted out very soon.;)
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • meeshell2886
    Options
    Hello Everyone

Ive been reading your posts and unfortunately its all too familiar to me. I took a loan with welcome finance when i was only 19. I had gotten into a mess with credit cards and foolishly took this loan without really knowing/understanding what i was getting into.

I took out a loan of £4000 to clear other outstanding debts. i agreed with wf that i would pay £256.56 every month. My loan had an added PPI of over £1300, this was not questioned at the time.

After making 20 payments totalling over £5100 i checked the agreement after being told about PPI. After discovering that wf had ticked the PPI box before i signed, i refused to make any further payments.

I was harrassed, i had phone calls, visits to my home address, each time explaining that i was debating the PPI. As i was still living with my parents at the time i was worried what effect(if any) this would have on their property, eg debt recovery agents had threatened to retreive items that would cover outstanding debt.

I was told that if i paid the absolute minimum of £90 per month until the PPI dispute was ongoing this would stop any further actions from the debt recovery agents. I foolishly agreed to pay this and signed a new agreement on the understanding my claim would not be effected. I paid a further £1300+ before my claim was resolved.

It took over 2 years for the Financial Ombudsman to retrieve a settlement from WF who were uncooperative and delayerd the process massively. I since received a cheque for £2500. This covered the PPI, Compensation of £200 and interest. I accepted the cheque, cancelled my dd and was thankful i wouldnt have to deal with them again.....or so i thought.

Welcome Finance are claiming that as i entered into a new agreement i still owe them a further £3500 and if i wanted to close my account i shouldnt have accepted the cheque??!

Ive paid over £8000 for a £4000 loan and they still want more? my credit rating is suffering massively now as a result of dealing with this comapny. Plans to set up my own business have got to wait until Welcome rectify these issues. I still hear from my local office and the representative still informs me that im effecting his monthly bonus therefore he'll ring me everyday until i pay up! Funnily enough calls made from their offices are not recorded?!

If anyone has any advice for me this would be appreciated. Tears have been shed, nights have been sleepless all because of that company. DO NOT DEAL WITH WELCOME FINANCE EVER!!!!!! :(
  • ada2003
    Options
    I was wondering if any1 knows who i would make a postal order for a sar payable to at welcome finance?
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Everyone

Ive been reading your posts and unfortunately its all too familiar to me. I took a loan with welcome finance when i was only 19. I had gotten into a mess with credit cards and foolishly took this loan without really knowing/understanding what i was getting into.

I took out a loan of £4000 to clear other outstanding debts. i agreed with wf that i would pay £256.56 every month. My loan had an added PPI of over £1300, this was not questioned at the time.

After making 20 payments totalling over £5100 i checked the agreement after being told about PPI. After discovering that wf had ticked the PPI box before i signed, i refused to make any further payments.
    This is what you really shouldnt have done,i know hindsight is a good thing,but you should have at least paid the loan and just took off the ppi monthly amount,that is why they kept getting in touch with you,because you owed them a contractural payment that you defaulted on.
    I was harrassed, i had phone calls, visits to my home address, each time explaining that i was debating the PPI. As i was still living with my parents at the time i was worried what effect(if any) this would have on their property, eg debt recovery agents had threatened to retreive items that would cover outstanding debt.

I was told that if i paid the absolute minimum of £90 per month until the PPI dispute was ongoing this would stop any further actions from the debt recovery agents. I foolishly agreed to pay this and signed a new agreement on the understanding my claim would not be effected. I paid a further £1300+ before my claim was resolved.

Dont think they should have done this and you need to put a complaint into them,they cannot threaten no further debt recovery
    if you take a new loan.

It took over 2 years for the Financial Ombudsman to retrieve a settlement from WF who were uncooperative and delayerd the process massively. I since received a cheque for £2500. This covered the PPI, Compensation of £200 and interest. I accepted the cheque, cancelled my dd and was thankful i wouldnt have to deal with them again.....or so i thought.

Welcome Finance are claiming that as i entered into a new agreement i still owe them a further £3500 and if i wanted to close my account i shouldnt have accepted the cheque??!
    You need to get the redress letter and see what it says about the account.
    Ive paid over £8000 for a £4000 loan and they still want more? my credit rating is suffering massively now as a result of dealing with this comapny. Plans to set up my own business have got to wait until Welcome rectify these issues. I still hear from my local office and the representative still informs me that im effecting his monthly bonus therefore he'll ring me everyday until i pay up! Funnily enough calls made from their offices are not recorded?!

This is not allowed either,you should take this further, you need to put a complaint into Welcome in the first instance about all of this,tell them you want all paperwork pertaining to the redress and both loans and if they do not comply you will take this to the FOS
    If anyone has any advice for me this would be appreciated. Tears have been shed, nights have been sleepless all because of that company. DO NOT DEAL WITH WELCOME FINANCE EVER!!!!!! :(
    Dont let them get you like this,they are not worth it,you may get more advice from others on here so dont think you have to deal with this on your own.
    When you put your complaint into Welcome,then give the guys name who is telling you that he is losing his bonus,name him and complain about him personally,and whoever it was who told you about redoing a loan to stop debt collectors calling,this is outrageous.
    Maybe you could put a complaint into the FSA too? they may be of help here.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Can anyone help here? this is bloody outrageous what welcome have done regarding the way they got the poster to take another loan.
  • meeshell2886
    Options
    Thank you so much for your advice and kind words. Its easy to think you're in this alone when your fighting such a big company. I will contact the company again and detail everything from the beginning. Hopefully I will get somewhere this time.

Do you know if its legal for me to record our telephone calls? Knowing the company, i think i'd need evidence of their "customer service".

Thank you again for your help. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport