Waste Tech - Don't Use

Options

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you read your contract? If it's in there, you're probably stuffed.

As am I, because I finally filled in my Direct Debit form yesterday and sent it off with a sniffy note.

If it's any comfort, I don't think they charged me for writing to say my attempt to cancel my contract wasn't valid because I'd got the anniversary of renewal wrong. My letter then did say that I trusted they would not be charging me for giving notice! I have no faith in them.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • robert_harper_2000
    Options
    Welll it doesn't say anything in the contract about a cancellation fee. Trading Standards said just don't pay it. They won't do anything except threaten to court action etc
    Help me to help you :santa2:
  • trinity1_2
    Options
    The thing is though, I'm not in breach at all. I cancelled at the correct time, they even sent me a letter regarding the cancellation date.

I spoke to a guy in customer services regarding this and they said it was 'Company policy', they can charge what they like according to 4.1 in the contract.

Also I haven't filled out the direc debit form because I dont feel confident for them to keep taking money out of my account due to the ridiculous invoices they are sending me. But I received another DD form indicating that 70% of their customer have already filled out it out and if i dont they will add an addtional 5% on my invoices for 'Admin' charges.

The whole overcharging on invoices is really getting to me, do you think legal action is the right way to go?
  • robert_harper_2000
    Options
    Well speak to trading standards although they won't directly help they do offer advice, this company is a complete joke!
    Just cancel get the bins collected and get out!
  • Savvy_Sue
    Options
    Yup, I had that "fill in the DD form or we'll charge an extra 5%" letter today - which is typical of their incompetence because I have (reluctantly) filled it in already and sent it back to them!

Of course their most recent letter says we CAN continue to pay by other means, whereas their initial letter said they wouldn't accept payment any other way, so I'm guessing a few people have challenged them on this.
  • Yoshii
    Yoshii Posts: 203 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    we had a problem like many of the comments we are in leeds and we wanted out as wastech had almost double our prices.
    i wrote one cancellation letter to head offeice in brighton on sea shoreham and received a reply saying could not cancel contract as i had written wrong termination date on, unbelievable!! so i wrote another letter with the correct date on (after grovelling to an arrogant woman in the contracts cancellations dept.i asked for written confirmation that we would be free of wastetech at that date and she said we dont do confirmations!!!!

i tell you i had to jump thru hoops for them but with just 3 weeks to go to the end of contract they asked me what they could do, so i nailed them down to a 1 yr contract fixed @ £8 per uplift of a 1100l bin.

they dont half make u work for it though. service is crap and nneds to improve vastly.
    Yoshii
  • Yoshii
    Yoshii Posts: 203 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    good luck with your negotiations and stay calm and you will get what u want. cos loads of people are leaving so they will try to appease you.

yoshii
  • trinity1_2
    Options
    Yoshii wrote: »
    £8 per uplift of a 1100l bin.

I'm paying £11.57 for just a 360L bin!!

Has anyone else had the problem with them charging addtional lifts? They claim the waste refusal men have to pick up all rubbish around the bin area otherwise I can get fined by the council. So they think they've collect 3 black bin bags (as addtional lifts) and my bin each time. I dont think I can win this arguement, its really my word againest theirs. I know for sure that they only take the wastebin and not anything else.
    Has anyone else complained about this?
  • Savvy_Sue
    Options
    That's one problem we haven't had ... far from it, we have a massive problem of rubbish dumping outside our premises and no-one wants to pick it up!

I suppose if you know when they are coming you could take a 'before and after' photo for a few weeks. That's if they're doing it regularly. Of course if they come first thing (as ours do) then they'll say the extra rubbish appeared between you taking the photo and them arriving.
  • robert_harper_2000
    Options
    Don't think they won't increase these fixed prices. They will. Don't stay in their contracts they take the !!!!. They also will write confirmations as they sent me one! This company is such a joke lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport