PositiveBalance Posts: 1,268 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    catandy wrote: »
    plan for payments this month are:-
    1. clear overdraft
    2. money into EF
    3. clear CC
    that is in addition to all bills paid in cash and on time and aim to keep a couple of £100 in my current account as an emergency buffer. All doable, not exciting but that's ok with me.

I'm delighted to see that you have repaid your rent & CT arrears. This must feel really good! :T

The above seems like a good plan. Are you paying interest on the CC?
    I'm thinking about my job, I'm coming up to about 4 weeks left of my trial period and am well ahead in terms of my sales vs my target, like 25% ahead of target. I am getting the extra help I asked for and it is settling down a bit with my feeling 'hanging' with having to get on with it. The commute is good and for the first time in however many years I have a work life balance - what I dont have is any decent commission for at least the next 6 months as that is how long it takes the bulk of my payment to kick in. I can live on my basic and have a sizeable disposable income left from my basic but I still feel like I can earn more - which I have in the past. I dont know maybe I want my cake and to eat it …. I need to learn to be satisfied with what I have.

I understand the 'hanging' feeling but sometimes boring is good as it allows you to re-establish your bases and get a firmer footing before successfully moving forward to the next stage in your life.

Be boring! I am right now! You can join me! :rotfl:
    no plans over the bank holiday weekend - ive got the Tuesday off so it makes a 4 day break which will be good. Pity I dont get paid till Tuesday but I'm going to make the most of the sun.

Heck yes! :T

Sometimes not having lots of disposable income is a good thing as it makes you realise how little you need to survive and thrive and forces you to get inventive with what you do have. :A
    No other updates - I'm beginning to realise how boring my life is - work, eat and sleep. I need to find a hobby or reacquaint myself with friends that I let slip when OH was on the scene. Time for me to start rebuilding some social life and friendships again.

ABSOLUTELY!

What's the first social activity you would like to try? :D
    Debt: £11,640.02 paid in full! DFD: 30/06/20
    Starter Emergency Fund (#187): £1000/£1000
    3 month Emergency Fund (#45): £3300/£3300
  • catandy
    catandy Posts: 868 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    payday come and gone and all bills paid for the month plus payments towards debts done and ive now got £40 float to last me for the month. All infinitely doable.

got a letter threatening a CCJ from Lowell for the BT debt that 2 companies claim to own so I've sent a CCA off and now I wait to see what happens next...

Plan of action for next months pay is to try and do partial settlements on both the capital one cards - I owe 1300 odd across the 2 cards and am going to send them an offer to clear both at 25% with a view to going up to 50% if I need to. Let the haggling commence :)
  • PositiveBalance
    Options
    payday come and gone and all bills paid for the month plus payments towards debts done and ive now got £40 float to last me for the month. All infinitely doable.

got a letter threatening a CCJ from Lowell for the BT debt that 2 companies claim to own so I've sent a CCA off and now I wait to see what happens next...

Plan of action for next months pay is to try and do partial settlements on both the capital one cards - I owe 1300 odd across the 2 cards and am going to send them an offer to clear both at 25% with a view to going up to 50% if I need to. Let the haggling commence :)

Is £40 for your food or is that money put in your 'bills' section?

You seem to be very knowledgeable about F&Fs etc. I wouldn't have a clue! You have my admiration...

The amount you have paid off this month is staggering. Well done you! I just hope you haven't left things too squeaky for yourself...

By the looks of things you should have paid off all the debts in your sig. next month apart from the DMP...and this is all without your bonuses, unless I have got that wrong?!

You're doing brilliantly! Keep on keeping on! :T
  • catandy
    First Post
    Options
    the 40£ is what I have left after all everyday bills / expenses have been paid and all the money I have paid towards the debts. I've filled the car up with petrol and the freezer/ cupboards are full enough to last me the month. I'm keeping just £5 in my purse in cash for if I have an emergency and hopefully I get to the end of the month with the £40 untouched - if I do I either treat myself with it or I pay it off something.

end of this month (June) I get the money from OH from his payout and then its work out how I use that and the proportion from my salary after the bills each month and whats next on my hit list
  • PositiveBalance
    Options
    the 40£ is what I have left after all everyday bills / expenses have been paid and all the money I have paid towards the debts. I've filled the car up with petrol and the freezer/ cupboards are full enough to last me the month. I'm keeping just £5 in my purse in cash for if I have an emergency and hopefully I get to the end of the month with the £40 untouched - if I do I either treat myself with it or I pay it off something.

end of this month (June) I get the money from OH from his payout and then its work out how I use that and the proportion from my salary after the bills each month and whats next on my hit list

That's good - I know things were very tight food-wise last month, so I'm glad you are no longer in that position.

Hopefully you will have heard back from the letters you have sent before you get the money from your ex so that you can have a full picture of what to pay off etc.

Although I completed agree with debt-busting at as near to 100% as well, perhaps it might be worth seeing if you need any new work clothes/shoes from the lump sum to help with the day job?

You're all over this, catandy: I look forward to seeing what happens next! :T
  • catandy
    First Post
    Options
    another 35£ into the coffers which is cashback from the bank account and refund of expenses from work so I will have the £40 untouched at the end of the month. I'm going to have my hair trimmed and my eyebrows done - should be left with couple of quid left out of that. And I will feel human again (and hopefully look it) :)

in other news ive been offered a transfer to the local branch of the company I'm working for - I've been told that I've passed my trial period and have a permanent position 2 weeks ahead of the due date and been told there's my same position going in the office closer to home. Same job, terms and bonus and it will cost me half the amount to get to work and I'm reverting to public transport (which will be about the same commute time as the journey I'm currently doing in the car). If I take the transfer its end of the month - it's something I'm mulling over.

apart from that nothing going on in catandy world - well apart from a letter from a new dca claiming they have registered a CCJ against me for the BT debt (with yet again a new balance for it). I did the 'prove it letter' and they have come back with its not valid for a consumer credit agreement proof of ownership and that I had better fill in the letter from the court or the CCJ will be enforced against me without me defending myself. I havent received anything from the court so I think its just a general threatogram from them - this bt debt is bothering me it was the smallest amount I owed (91) when I stopped making payments on the DMP that was set up - now ive got 3 DCA's all claiming they own the debt and all with different balances on it. oh well see what happens next :)
  • catandy
    First Post
    Options
    car has died on me so theres an unexpected spend there that I hadn't planned for - think its the battery or alternator so my friendly local mechanic is looking at it when he gets home from work tonight. I couldn't get into work today - 30 mins bus, 30 mins train then a 30 min walk each way so I foned in this morning and got the voice of disapproval from the boss - so now I'm stressed about work again.... got to learn to chill a bit about these things. ive also joined the RAC but found out after I spent my money that you cant call them out for 24 hours …. note to self check these things next time!

ive still got money in the bank, £40 untouched and ive downgraded the bank account again to a standard account as I wasnt getting the benefit from having a reward account i.e. I was paying more in fees than I was earning... oh well it was worth trying to see if it worked for me or not.

this week can only get better :)
  • Dorothy60
    Dorothy60 Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the car, Catandy, and that you are stressed about work, hope the car fault is summat and nowt and can be fixed quickly and cheaply
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Maybe accept the transfer to the local branch if the car is unreliable and you can use public transport easier?

Good that you have passed your probation.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • catandy
    First Post
    Options
    friendly mechanic did a once over of the car and couldn't find what was wrong with it - its not had a problem since and now the extra cover from RAC is live so worst case scenario is I can get towed home. for now I wait and see if it happens again - and keep my fingers crossed it doesnt.

week to payday - and doing ok :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure