one day at a time

Options

Comments

• safehouse
    safehouse Posts: 710 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 6 February 2016 at 3:10PM
    Options
    Looking back on my posts and cant believe £2,400 approx paid off CC since 21st July last year and approx £5,000 paid off mortgage....fabulous figures :j, would have been alot more but for roof problems, but certainly not complaining, just might give me new found motivation for the coming months, never thought was achievable and certainly not missed all those silly spends from yester year... :D:D.

CC £7,390…. Mortgage left on mortgage £40,130 21st July 15

CC 4,950 …. Mortgage £61,740 saved…. £38,260 left on mortgage 2nd February 2016
  • safehouse
    Options
    Quiet lazy rainy day so far…………
    Off to do food shop now, hope to keep below budget. :D

CC 4,950 …. Mortgage £61,740 saved…. £38,260 left on mortgage 6th February 2016
  • safehouse
    Options
    £10 paid off CC.....:)
    Van in garage once again....massive quote of £400 for new exhaust, this among-st other problems. No point in throwing more money in the air for repairs. looks like we are going to need a new van and my savings are going to take another bashing :(
    Not going to moan, far to sleepy to worry tonight...last cuppa tea and early night instead :)

CC 4,940 …. Mortgage £61,740 saved…. £38,260 left on mortgage 2nd February 2016
  • Skinnylatte
    Skinnylatte Posts: 1,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    bummer about the van :(

Have a good week xx
    Pay off Car Loan £17,047 £10580 by Christmas 2022

Mortgage 1 @ 23/03/2019 [STRIKE]£101297[/STRIKE]
    £84457 16.6% DI [STRIKE]£6.95[/STRIKE] £6.15
    Mortgage 2 @ 12/04/2015 [STRIKE]£136121[/STRIKE]
    £100,546 26.1
    % DI [STRIKE]£9.13[/STRIKE] £6.07
    1st LBM 02/06/2013 £[STRIKE]21595[/STRIKE] Debt Free Day 27/03/2015

• safehouse
    Options
    Thanks Skinny, well you have inspired me once again :D
    . I have just pulled my old bike out of the shed, got covered in spiders in the process :eek:. Not very promising..... looks in a bit of a state, meaning the bike, well and myself at the moment lol. Getting dark so will have a better look at it tomorrow.:)
    Van definitely heading for the scrap yard, OH using the car for work which is not very practical.
    Looks like we will have to use some of my mortgage savings after all :(:(
    Oh well maybe I will have a bingo win tonight :D
  • safehouse
    Options
    Won £100 bingo last night whoo hoo, 3 of us so £33 each :T
    Not enough to buy a van but every penny helps....
    Looking at a van after dinner today, I think it is out of our price range at 3,000 but it is 2010 so bargain price if up to scratch…………..
    My beautiful Dmamas 81st birthday today, meeting her this morning, have bought her gift vouchers, my DS has bought his nanny a lovely rose lamp, she loves artificial flowers, even has them stuck in the back garden bless, ….. :rotfl:
    Right better make a move running later than ever this morning....

CC 4,950 …. Mortgage £61,740 saved…. £38,260 left on mortgage 6th February 2016
  • safehouse
    Options
    I have been riding an emotional rollercoaster the last few days. OH had one of his problem nights, which has left a lasting bad impression and black cloud over the household, also haven't slept well so feel like crap :(
    Needed a new van but couldn't get my hands on the available cash so ended up borrowing some of the cash from my DS which I desperately hate doing, strange and very annoying considering I have just loaned 3,000 to DSis, especially as I know I was played and put on the spot….very expensive lesson learned for the future “keep big mouth shut”…because even family can sometimes take advantage.
    My finances are all over the place and my mind is not in a capable state to re-calculate.
    Also apparently overpaid on tax credits last year….so payments stopped till April, only to re-start at half of what I previously received.
    What a very grumpy post this morning, meeting my Dmama so will do my best to perk up….:)
  • safehouse
    Options
    Debts re-calculated….roof fund is now on the back burner along with mortgage and CC, concentrating on getting DS paid as my first priority, hopefully by end of April.
    Plan to share any extra pennies amongst other debts….
    Have to work on building up my motivation and get back to NS Days especially as income has now reduced.

DS 1,200…. CC 4,950 …. Mortgage £102,000 /£38,260 remaining….
  • safehouse
    edited 12 February 2016 at 2:03PM
    Options
    Feeling bit better this morning, house is still feeling quite frosty and I am not referring to the outdoor winter chill.
    I am determined to have a no spend day :D. I have also started to do a very slow house clear out, the plan is to do over a very long period, my house is full of useless rubbish, bin worthy, charity worth and Teabay sells....extra cash. The idea being to pick out atleast 1 item or more a day even if it is just bin worthy to remove it from my house in one of the 3 ways mentioned, already binned an old door mat and 2 old place mats.... I know this is very OCD but can never motivate myself to do in one fell swoop and desperately need my house de-cluttered sick of opening a draw, it overflowing out onto the floor and then the process of jamming it back in again, and it just might give me the smallest sense of achievement ....what an exciting life I lead lol ;)
  • safehouse
    edited 15 February 2016 at 12:10PM
    Options
    Try and do a very low food shop today, I am switching to smartyprice this week for my tinned and house cleaning products, polish only 38p, toilet fresh 27p worth a go :).
    DS going to a Slipknot concert this evening., with OH driving him, meaning OH staying sober and I have the house to myself whoo hoo.:D
    Tried to cancel my TV package yesterday, but apparently tied in till May, so have reduced channels till I can move, wont be getting TV with next package.
    shower and out early this morning....horrible house clean ahead, will need another shower when i get home for sure....:eek:
    2 handbags sorted for charity and 2 old door handles and battered plastic container in the bin....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure