one day at a time

Options

Comments

• safehouse
    Options
    Feeling slightly better this morning, meeting Dmama for cuppa, hope I don,t pass my germs on to her, will have to wear surgical mask lol :eek:
    Cancelled two house cleans this week no energy, with that and ongoing issues with OH, my batteries have well and truly ran out....will make up the work next week, need cash for my slowly reducing Mortgage....:)
    Another bolt from the blue....DS has decided to change University courses along with University's....confided in me last night that the course is not for him. Just worried he wont be able to change his course and University when he is well into his first year, but I have told him he has my support as long as he does plenty of research and looks in-depth into the whole process....so not to worry for now atleast :)
    Shower and then off out for now :D

DS 710…. CC 4,940 …. Mortgage £102,000 /£61,827 paid £38,173 remaining….
  • safehouse
    Options
    Quick update then early night before Saturday night storm starts brewing....

Van sold whoo hoo :T not a fortune but more money for DS or Mortgage :T

night night :D:D
  • safehouse
    safehouse Posts: 710 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning in for a change, but busy afternoon on the cards, need to catch up with all the work I couldn’t do when attacked by blooming virus last week.
    £340 paid to DS from old van cash.:D
    £60 into mortgage pot thanks again from sale of van.:D
    Should have a little slice to pay off mortgage by end of week, need to check end of the month finances.:D

DS 370…. CC 4,940 …. Mortgage £100,000 /£61,890 paid £38,110 remaining….
  • safehouse
    Options
    £30 into mortgage pot today, creeping towards £62,000 mark. :)
    I have a grand total of £20 in my purse to get me through this week and next….so plan to dig out some sells for Teabay.and cut back on spending to a big fat 0
    DS dropped a bombshell Monday he is wanting to change University courses, go part time and look for a part time job, which means he will lose his student finance, seems determined so what can I do but support him….still can’t help worrying he is making a big mistake, to find a job he likes will not be easy and he was doing so well on this course.
    OH has not been easy to live with the last few weeks, his problem seems to be getting worse and the stress of it all is getting me down. Whilst my head feels like the inside of a washing machine whilst on spin today I am going to make a determined effort to be much more positive....:D
    OCD is also on overdrive today, which I am using to my advantage.... have pulled out every kitchen cupboard in an emotional work cleaning frenzy and cleaned, organised, thrown out loads of rubbish and sorted a few items for the charity bag....
    Right time to take molly moo for walkies then look for things to sell :D
    DS 370…. CC 4,940 …. Mortgage £100,000 /£61,920 paid £38,080 remaining….
  • safehouse
    edited 3 March 2016 at 2:06PM
    Options
    Terrible night of bad dreams, "OH and his family taking my house, my furniture even my doggy".:eek:
    Hope my bad dreams are not creeping back Whew....What a relief to wake up this morning.
    More likely due to be stressed with DS, he is still determined to leave his course, without something put in place as a back up, concerned hes not put enough thought into the whole situation and rushing in.... also a little annoyed at him to be honest.
    Also OH seems to be drinking almost every night again, not to excess during the week atleast but as always enough......................:(:(
    looking forward to meeting my Dmama today for a coffee then look for something nice for her for mothers day.:D
  • safehouse
    Options
    Another £80 into mortgage pot and have reached my £62,000 :T
    DS has had a positive email from tutor regarding University interview for next week, looks like he may be accepted at another University/ new course a lot closer to home, which is good news atleast :). Will still lose 1st year of tuition fees due to the change to his course :( which is ridiculous after all he has 2 years left on his present course so why not give him the same for his new course which also runs for 2 years.
    Rainy day, whilst I love the rain my molly moo keeps looking out the window and then back to me with that look of desperation…..funny to think how the only problem in her life is how she hasn’t had her walk for the day….think I might just take her out anyway :D
    Weekend upon us again….Oh please let it be happy and peaceful, will settle for peaceful :o

DS 370…. CC 4,940 …. Mortgage £100,000 /£62,000 paid £38,000 remaining….
  • safehouse
    Options
    £20 paid off DS debt and another £40 paid into mortgage :D.................all left over from monthly budget after all DD and food shopping covered. Wont have much money at all next week, need to get some teabays listed..................

DS 350…. CC 4,940 …. Mortgage £100,000 /£62,040 paid £37,960 remaining….:)
  • safehouse
    edited 6 March 2016 at 10:49AM
    Options
    £10 left from food shop, straight into Mortgage whoo hoo :):)
    lovely quiet peaceful evening last night...OH took his mother for mothers day meal....Heaven lol
    Table booked today at our bargain grub pub £15 for the 3 of us inc drinks and puds, then off to Farmyfoods for a few frozen essentials.
    looking forward to carboots starting up again, did well last year with the buying and selling
    I have £10 left in purse to get me through the whole of next week, managed to do it last week, aim to even have change left over by Friday HeHe :D

DS 350…. CC 4,940 …. Mortgage £100,000 /£62,050 paid £37,950 remaining
  • safehouse
    Options
    Lovely quiet early morning....................:D
    Meeting Dmama this morning only need £1.15 for cuppa....NSD planned.
    Two house cleans booked in for the afternoon, cash will come in very handy, been promised payment for middle of month for a nice change....:):)
  • safehouse
    edited 8 March 2016 at 9:17AM
    Options
    Easy morning for a nice change, not expected at work till 11.30 so going to write a to-do list and take these precious hours to catch up on house work slowly and easy, instead of rushing around like a crazy lady :eek:
    After yesterdays comics, pulled out vacuum cleaner into the hallway and plugged it in, then proceeded in fetching the furniture polish from kitchen, all dizzy and dozy , head filled with god knows what, forgot and actually missed the the big lump of machinery still sitting there....resulting in me doing some sort of flip flop over the top of the blooming thing and landing on both knees with the hose wrapped around my shoulder ....ouch very painful :o:o ...............I then just sat there holding my head, on the verge of a good blubber, when I hear a voice behind me "Oh mum what have you gone and done now?" :rotfl: DS had heard the loud bang, have to add blubber turned into a good laugh at that point. legs black and blue this morning, but could have been worse....;)
    Strange turn of events really, was watching Butterflies the other day and poor Ria, as barmy as her boring life depicts gave me more than food for thought about my own actions in my wrapped up little world :D

Need to start trying to add more into my Xmas hols fund still determined to get away for Xmas this year, especially after last years nightmare "never to be repeated",........... :o

DS 350…. CC 4,940 …. Mortgage £100,000 /£62,040 paid £37,960 remaining....Xmas hols £12
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure