Options

Comments

• nvh
    nvh Posts: 1,652 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy New Year all!

Starting to count the months down now for my next America trip

19 nights covering California, Nevada, Arizona and Utah... going to be a busy one!

:)

tumblr_kvcl9wCVCM1qabtioo2_400.jpg
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Thread is now a sticky. Can't believe another year has gone... seems like just the other day I was making the brand new 2010 thread a sticky! :rotfl:

Happy New Year to you all :j
  • Wizbit82
    Wizbit82 Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    July
    Happy New Year everyone - read the site everyday (often numerous times!!) and has been an absolute god-send in planning our trip last summer and also for our Wedding this year :j

Now Christmas is out of the way it's my next big thing to look forward to...cannot wait!

Flying out July 14th, married on 19th....will be asking for advice I'm sure in the coming months but right now it's back to the remaining Christmas chocs and a big bubbly bath!! :)

xxLol
    :staradmin There is no normal, only typical :staradmin
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    Happy new year everyone
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • lisa21
    lisa21 Posts: 497 Forumite
    Options
    January / February
    Happy New Year all :-)

I will be keeping a close eye on this thread now leading up to our next Vegas visit in February.
  • pudding
    pudding Posts: 1,978 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    just got back from vegasstaying at the bellagio, we went for xmas..Had a fab time apart from the 3 hour queue for the bellegio buffet xmas day..we went for champagne brunch but that was over by the time we got in ha ha..great food though..Got a great deal for $97 a night over xmas.When we checked in even the receptionist was saying what a great rate we had..we went 20th-27th december..We booked through www.fatwallet.com they always have good deals.Aria,cosmipolitian and vidara looked fab though..maybe next time..
  • samphe
    samphe Posts: 140 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    May
    I did post late yesterday on the 2010 thread. But i've now discovered some cheaper prices and options and i'd like to run them by you to see if you think any of them are a good deal and which choice you'd make.

We plan to go for 7 nights from 26th May - 2nd June, 2 adults & 2 children (one of them age 12 so is classed as an adult for the flight). All of the flights detailed below are from Heathrow.

Which of these would you do? Bearing in mind that we want to keep the price down as much as possible but will stretch a little if it is felt that a particular hotel is worth it or if it is felt the extra is worth paying for a direct flight. These prices include flight and accomodation for the 4 of us.

MGM - American Airlines - Indirect flight £2560
    MGM - British Airways - Direct Flight £2861
    Excalibur - American Airlines - Indirect Flight £2315
    Excalibur - British Airlines - Direct Flight £2588
    Tropicana - US Airways - Indirect Flight £2543

I would be grateful if you would tell me which of these if any would you choose and why.
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    October
    samphe wrote: »
    I did post late yesterday on the 2010 thread. But i've now discovered some cheaper prices and options and i'd like to run them by you to see if you think any of them are a good deal and which choice you'd make.

We plan to go for 7 nights from 26th May - 2nd June, 2 adults & 2 children (one of them age 12 so is classed as an adult for the flight). All of the flights detailed below are from Heathrow.

Which of these would you do? Bearing in mind that we want to keep the price down as much as possible but will stretch a little if it is felt that a particular hotel is worth it or if it is felt the extra is worth paying for a direct flight. These prices include flight and accomodation for the 4 of us.

I would be grateful if you would tell me which of these if any would you choose and why.
    Flight wise have a look at where the transfer is with AA. The cheapest flights with them seem to be via LA, and remember that is 11 and a half hours, then collecting your cases and getting on another 1 hour flight. Direct is a little over 10 hours total. If the transfer is Chicago (ORD) then that is a much better flight and I would pick AA myself. Seats are wider and the configuration of the planes is 2-4-2 usually, so you can pick seats free of charge where you all sit together. BA is 3-3-3 so you are going to be split up somehow, but then there is the non-hassle of collecting bags and reloading them for another flight (not as bad as it sounds though, really straight forward)
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,364 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    edited 2 January 2011 at 7:12PM
    Options
    August
    samphe wrote: »

Most likely none of the above. Have you priced flights on their own. All of the above hotels should be available for less than £350 for a week. No charge for either child in the hotel. Does of course depend on how much flights are.

Just add the config of the BA flight should be 3-4-3 after the 1st june (I think) when they start using 747
  • pinkstarsx
    Options
    October
    Happy New Year everyone :)

I'm off to Vegas in October for the first time! Staying at the MGM.

I have an ESTA from when i went to NYC December 09, i know they're valid for 2 years.. Is mine still going to be valid as i don't know where i obtain the old one from and also i had to put hotel details on it? Sorry if this is a silly question!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure