NST September - A Simple September

Options

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Today will be NSD6. DH decided he was staying in his nice, comfy, warm bed for another night, so he is leaving this morning for his cold, hard, noisy field of friends.

Volunteered yesterday, lots of carrying heavy boxes up and down lots of stairs, so I will treat it as a workout.

Budgets all good. Single parent til Sunday night.

I am at the helm and in control. Feeling good. Going to attack the 'drawers of tat' in the kitchen, and will go spelunking into some of the 'odds and sods' boxes.

Happy Friday the 13th!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • As expected, I found things to do at home! I put some washing machine cleaner inside the washing machine and ran that, tidied up all rooms of the house, cleaned both toilets, tinted my eyebrows, and went and picked up some new flowers from our local co-op. I have to say, the ones I get from there always last 2-3 weeks, I'm very impressed!

Trying to be productive today to make my last day at work go faster, five days off next week cannot come soon enough :)

In life admin jobs, this morning I have:
    - phoned up and cancelled my breakdown cover that is now included with my bank accout
    - phoned up and cancelled a CC I cleared yesterday that has a monthly fee

I particularly hate jobs that involve cancelling/querying things, so pleased to have got those done at last. Much easier than trying to cancel my phone insurance the other day!

I keep waking up at around 3am at the moment for the last few days, very odd and it is interrupting my sleep pattern and making me tired the next day. Oh well, sure it will pass!

Oh, and NSD 6 today :)
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Busy week at work this week and haven't managed to post much. I think I am on 3 NSDs would like to get another one today.

I was hoping my WFH day could be spent walking the dog and doing the house work but too busy so started last night and done a fair bit before work this morning. 2 loads of washing done too and on the line. I did a pretty deep clean last week so only a bit of dusting, hoovering and a quick swipe about the bathroom and it will be done as most of downstairs done already.

Not much room for maneuver in the budget. I am changing to SIM only today now my phone is unlocked, just need to see what I need to do with the PAC code to keep my number. DH has a small tax rebate to claim this weekend. Hoping there is enough left in the fun pot for a 1 course meal out at our favorite pub as it is our wedding anniversary on Sunday. I have the makings of apple crumble at home so will have 1 course and then have crumble when we get back. Must remember to get a tub of ice cream to go with it. I prefer custard but DH and DS are team ice-cream all the way ;)
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • XSpender wrote: »
    Busy week at work this week and haven't managed to post much. I think I am on 3 NSDs would like to get another one today.

I was hoping my WFH day could be spent walking the dog and doing the house work but too busy so started last night and done a fair bit before work this morning. 2 loads of washing done too and on the line. I did a pretty deep clean last week so only a bit of dusting, hoovering and a quick swipe about the bathroom and it will be done as most of downstairs done already.

Not much room for maneuver in the budget. I am changing to SIM only today now my phone is unlocked, just need to see what I need to do with the PAC code to keep my number. DH has a small tax rebate to claim this weekend. Hoping there is enough left in the fun pot for a 1 course meal out at our favorite pub as it is our wedding anniversary on Sunday. I have the makings of apple crumble at home so will have 1 course and then have crumble when we get back. Must remember to get a tub of ice cream to go with it. I prefer custard but DH and DS are team ice-cream all the way ;)

Happy anniversary for Sunday :D
  • thriftylass
    Options
    XSpender wrote: »
    ... as it is our wedding anniversary on Sunday.

Happy anniversary for Sunday! It's ours two days later. Our first date was Sunday 15 years ago!

P.S. and no we didn't get married two days after our first date, rather 10 years and 2 days later, lol.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    XSpender - snap! to the wedding anniversary! We'll be at 18 years, and are always surprised at how many years it has been!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Happy anniversary, XSpender. I hope you enjoy your meal.

NSD No 9

Himself was at doctor today to see about his many and various ailments (at last). Blood tests and x rays to try to get to the bottom of it. Worryingly. the doctor has mentioned testing for diabetes. His late mother, sister and brother all suffered from this and it's something I've been concerned about for a while. We'll just have to wait and see.

Managed to get everything I needed to do done but by mid morning I was getting really bad stomach pains. Himself packed me off to bed where I've been until now. Starting to feel a little more human. No idea of the cause but after some toast and watching Downton I'm back off to bed.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello, just a check in to claim NSD 6 / 15 :T
    Don't need anything, so didn't buy anything.
    Lovely sunny day, did a bit in the garden, and made a cake and a blackberry and apple crumble :)
    Dinner will be pesto pasta using HM pesto made from basil I grew in my mini greenhouse :)
    May tackle the ironing pile later :eek:
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Happy Anniversary to those celebrating them.

Toni'sFriend - hope you feel better.

Worked today, I think I am going to tell them I am leaving. I've hated it since the beginning and just don't fit in. I think the filthy talk (including the C word many times a day) the talk about using drugs, the swearing constantly, the fact that I've never been trained so still don't know half of what I should and this has made it really hard to gel with everyone else.

DD has come home crying and saying she feels sad and lonely all the time, last week she was so positive about everything and she starts her new job tomorrow so she has lots going on, I am guessing it is hormonal but she worries me. The school is closed on Monday for the entrance exam (used to be on a Saturday) so at least I might have time to sort it out with her.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Happy Anniversary wishes coming up to all applicable turtles! :)

dolly - that doesn't sound good - there's certainly no need for excessive swearing - and never at all for such words as 'C...' :( Fingers crossed you can get to the bottom of what's troubling DD x

Another spend day today... sigh.... I think I'm having Spendy September :( Bought some bits for DS1's uni house share, a new pair of flipflops for me (mine are battered and I live in them in the Summer and want a good condition (sole wise) pair for Fl0rida) Did swap a bag of fabric recycling at H&M for a £5 off £25 voucher, though :) - stashed in my purse for when jeans shopping with students is required...
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport