Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    girlchops wrote: »
    At the weekend my OH was told by several store managers at 1 store that it's been discontinued. i find that hard to believe but haven't had a chance to check with HO yet and we haven't seen it for months in either of our local stores. It seems ridiculous that they would get rid of such a popular and basic product so just wonder if it's not so popular in Summer and they're resting it?? Anyway i find it strange
    HTH someone
    :huh:
    yeah they've made way for the bread flour!
    It's getting rediculous... Half the store is filled with crap non food items ie 'special buys' and yet they can't keep consistent with food staples. They are a food shop first and foremost. People will stop going if this keeps happening.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,271 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    yeah they've made way for the bread flour!
    It's getting rediculous... Half the store is filled with crap non food items ie 'special buys' and yet they can't keep consistent with food staples. They are a food shop first and foremost. People will stop going if this keeps happening.

I doubt that - it's still a successful format for them in mainland Europe, and it draws a lot of people into the stores to see the new offers each week.
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    girlchops wrote: »
    At the weekend my OH was told by several store managers at 1 store that it's been discontinued. i find that hard to believe but haven't had a chance to check with HO yet and we haven't seen it for months in either of our local stores. It seems ridiculous that they would get rid of such a popular and basic product so just wonder if it's not so popular in Summer and they're resting it?? Anyway i find it strange
    HTH someone
    :huh:

I bought some just a few weeks ago but yesterday none was to found :(
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The Saver/Value Peanut Butter from the main supermarkets is cheaper than Aldi, at 62p, so that may have a bearing on it?

Maybe they will come back with something at 59p?
  • Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 August 2016 at 12:46PM
    Options
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    What's happened to all the peanut butter in Aldi? It's gone!! :(

it's where the bread flours were last week ;)

They will bring back a slightly different looking peanut butter, maybe a new supplier. I'm not happy with the change to plastic at Lidl's as I loved the glass jars in that size - to reuse for jams, etc.
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • Feral_Moon
    Options
    Happygreen wrote: »
    it's where the bread flours were last week ;)

They will bring back a slightly different looking peanut butter, maybe a new supplier. I'm not happy with the change to plastic at Lidl's as I loved the glass jars in that size - to reuse for jams, etc.

I prefer plastic peanut butter jars as my dog loves to lick out any residue left in them :rotfl:
  • Tipsntreats
    Tipsntreats Posts: 8,612 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I went to Lidl's today. I looked at the onions, I see the smaller onions are all rotten! I looked at the bags of carrots, they were all sprouting and rubbery. A man beside me we also looking, we went through all the different ones available. We then decided that they were only fit for planting.
    I buy the larger onions, never had a problem. But I do remember the earlier posts.
    Tips
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    I went to Lidl's today. I looked at the onions, I see the smaller onions are all rotten! I looked at the bags of carrots, they were all sprouting and rubbery. A man beside me we also looking, we went through all the different ones available. We then decided that they were only fit for planting.
    I buy the larger onions, never had a problem. But I do remember the earlier posts.
    Tips
    To be honest I have always found their onions rubbish, that's why I don't by them from there anymore. Rather go next door to Farmfoods or Iceland next to that, where my Lidl's is in my town.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • Feral_Moon
    Options
    I find it rather ironic that people are now slagging off Lidl onions as it always used to be Aldi onions :rotfl:
  • Tipsntreats
    Tipsntreats Posts: 8,612 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Feral Moon Oh my did I get it wrong again!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure