Options

Comments

• Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    New products in Aldi...

- Skyr - this has been popular at Lidl since it was introduced not that long ago. The Aldi version looks a little pricey - 49p for a small (150g?) pot.
    It's been in our Aldi for several months I think. A similar sized pot of Arla Skyr in the big supermarkets seems to be around 60p. I've never tried Skyr before, and having tried the Aldi version, I won't be doing so again!
    Stompa
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The Lidl one is very nice, with a good range of flavours (99p for 375g) and plain (89p for 375g).

The blueberry flavour is particularly intense.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    The Lidl one is very nice, with a good range of flavours (99p for 375g) and plain (89p for 375g).

The blueberry flavour is particularly intense.

Love the raspberry one too
  • Cornucopia
    Options
    Love the raspberry one too

Yes that's very nice with some extra fresh raspberries added. :)

The only flavour I haven't tried is the Vanilla. I shall have to give it a go.
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My new favourite ice cream in Lidl, panacota ice-cream on sticks. Delicious. I think it's £1.79 for four. Dark chocolate around a fruit sauce and panacota ice-cream with frozen berries in it. So tasty.
  • Cornucopia
    Options
    Also caramel in the same range - basically exotic own-brand Magnums.
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Aldi's Clarke's 1866 Bourbon has changed branding a much better looking black lettered label,the grog itself does seem a little different a direct comparison between the old red lettered bottle and the new one tells me I like the old one a bit better but it's still excellent Bourbon for £11:49.
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Stompa wrote: »
    It's been in our Aldi for several months I think. A similar sized pot of Arla Skyr in the big supermarkets seems to be around 60p. I've never tried Skyr before, and having tried the Aldi version, I won't be doing so again!

I love the Skyr yoghurts from Aldi. They're the same as the ones in Asda but half the price. It's just like a greek set yoghurt really.
  • A._Badger
    A._Badger Posts: 5,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Beware the De Montbart champagne on special offer at Aldi just now. It is vile, sour rubbish. Aldi's usual own brand (I forget the name) is a much better buy if you are looking for a cheap champagne for a summer party.
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone help me.

In Aldi about three years ago, they did boxes of marinade sachets in powder form. Got 3 per box. In different flavours like hot n spicy and bbq. Think they were 75-80p. I used these as Maggi's So Juicy with a pack of roasting bags which are 80-90p for 10 from B&M. So it cost 33-38p per meal.

They were seasonal as were designed to coat it with meat and grill or BBQ it. The boxes were near the dried herbs and packet mixes for casseroles. Worked superbly like the So Juicy

Do Aldi sell these or their version of So Juicy?

I remember those boxes of sachets. I think they did a BBQ; a Lemon & garlic; and another I can't recall. But no, I've not seen them for ages.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure