PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What products do you miss?

Options

Comments

• pippinpuss
    Options
    Icebreaker choc bars. Milk chocolate with little blue bits of mint crackle.

Original recipe Caramac bars. The recipe changed a few years ago & it has lost its creaminess & become more bitter.
  • ArtDecoGirly
    Options
    Fry's chocolate cream that had different fruit flavour creams in each section - delicious, I really miss that choccy bar. There was a strawberry cream, pineapple cream, I think lime, it was lime green colour and I didn't like that one so much, orange cream and I can't remember if the last one was lemon or the usual white cream or a raspberry?! Anyone else got a better memory than me?!

I think you're thinking of Fry's Five Centre, orange, raspberry, lime, strawberry, and pineapple. Delicious, they were :)
  • skintmumof3
    Options
    Cadburys Milk Tray...... but it was actually all in a bar of chocolate.......
    Klackers.....balls on the end of string that you banged together (sounds dodgy) Roller skates that you wore over your shoes and had to be adjusted by dad with a spanner!!!!
    playing "two-ball" with 2 x tennis balls that you threw against a wall and caught and singing rhymes along as you played..eg plainsy mother brown.........
  • alex21
    alex21 Posts: 553 Forumite
    Options
    MrsFlu wrote: »
    I loved this. It was a great comfort drink. With hot water it was like mulled wine (but much better) without the alcohol. I was seriously peeved when they withdrew it. In fact, over 10 years on I'm STILL sulking!

Asda do a version in the Hi Juice squash section. It's really good, just like non alcoholic mulled wine.
  • oldhaggis
    Options
    I love this thread. It brings back so many memories.

I recall the comics and magazines I read at various stages throughout my childhood and teens, most of which only had colour covers and the odd colour inside pages. I remember Playhour, Jack and Jill, The Beano (still going strong), The Dandy, Bunty, Judy, Jackie, Honey, 19, Fab208 (the Radio Luxembourg magazine).

There was one comic called Lady Penelope based on the heroine of the Thunderbirds TV series, who swanned around in a pink chauffer driven Rolls Royce. I remember getting a free ring which had a pink plastic “stone” with a raised P embossed on it and the following week there was a red plastic hair band with a P cut out of the front and a feather inserted behind the cut out P. I think you were meant to see things in X ray form through it.

I also remember the fragrances of the 60s and 70s. There was Kiku in the yellow spray bottle, the original Charlie fragrance and the exotic Aqua Manda range, which was regularly advertised on Radio Luxembourg. If we were broke as students we used to buy tiny cheap bottles of apricot scent from Woollies. I think it was from the their budget Baby Doll range for teenagers. The artwork for the range was very “flower power” and the logo was a girl with long black wavy hair and big eye lashes. There was also the original 60/70’s Biba makeup in stylish black containers with the gold Biba logo on them, which I think was sold at Dotty P’s. This was the nearest that we lowly provincials could get to the trendy world of swinging London.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Miss Fuse bars too :) also does anyone remember Cadburys Secret....loved them! x

Was trying to think of the name of Cadburys secret the other day, oh my they were yum!:D:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cadburys Milk Tray...... but it was actually all in a bar of chocolate.......
    Klackers.....balls on the end of string that you banged together (sounds dodgy) Roller skates that you wore over your shoes and had to be adjusted by dad with a spanner!!!!
    playing "two-ball" with 2 x tennis balls that you threw against a wall and caught and singing rhymes along as you played..eg plainsy mother brown.........

Used to love Klackers:rotfl: and them bloomin skates you wore with shoes, i broke my leg in 3 place easter Monday on a pair of these:eek::eek::eek: never went on them again:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • SpecialBrew_2
    Options
    Anyone remember the Footso? A piece of string with a plastic ring measuring about 6" across on one end, and a tennis ball on the other. You'd put the ring on one leg (round your ankle) and repeatedly swing the ball round in a big circle so that you could jump over the string with the other leg. My sister loved those.
    December 'Make £10 A Day' Challenge - £1.82/£155.00
  • tambo-p
    Options
    Pacers - they were about the size of chew it's and were green and white striped. Lovely minty flavours :D

Pacers were originally Opal Mints, made by Mars, as were Opal Friuits, now Starburst. Opal Mints became Pacers but the sales declined and they were removed from sale. This also happened to Spangles, Banjo, T-Bar, Galaxy Counters, Skittles, and others, all Mars brands.
  • electric_comperella
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Used to love Klackers:rotfl: and them bloomin skates you wore with shoes, i broke my leg in 3 place easter Monday on a pair of these:eek::eek::eek: never went on them again:D

I remember both of them!! god help me with them skates....nightmare....klackers i still had til recently :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure