All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I know the feeling MT - I've been home less than an hour and am considering having a nap on the sofa. It may end up being the whole night though the way I feel at the moment. 2 for you and 3 for me though - we have almost made it.
  • mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well.... After I got home this morning and before I went to work OH rang to say that his car had been broken into and the window smashed between me leaving and him going to work.
    Not best pleased to say the least....

Had a busy but slightly boring day at work followed by dashing home to let the dog out and feed him - then went to meet the rest of SLT for tea at the pub. Really didn't fancy it but it turned out to be very sociable- I drove me and OH there - he's being open about us in a discrete kind of way now I'm on the way out! Even spoke about us in a personal manner to a colleague with me there. It just feels different lately - in a good way.
    Perhaps me going to a new job was always the best thing to happen.....??

After coming home I've walked the dog for 45 mins and watched yesterday's recorded Corrie. Will be early to bed tonight - am knackered. Tomorrow is the 15km walk with the kids - need to have some sleep and rest before that.

Dad news - he's still not right and is quite down about it all - I think he's worried that the prostate cancer has spread - it may well have done :( worrying times. The antibiotics haven't made a difference and there's blood in his urine - the doctor is bringing forward his next cancer appointment. Fingers crossed xx
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Morning all!
    Slept fairly well - was shattered so really needed it.
    It's the big walk today with the students - it can be fun or torture depending on the group you get - will find out this morning when I get to work.....
    My team are taking me to the pub for tea straight after work - will be driving so no boozing and we'll all still be in PE kit so not a glam affair :)

Last day tomorrow......
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Am absolutely knackered - have walked/run 30000 steps today! 17.5 km in total. Running between groups of children that walked 15km themselves, bless them.
    My feet are killing me.

Left work at 3.30 to meet my team in the pub for tea - a nice sociable affair that was all done by 5.30. Then took the dog to the park, spoke to dad (who seems a bit brighter today) and then spoke to OH.

Going to have a nice soak in the bath and get a few things ready for tomorrow, watch some telly and then hopefully have a big sleep.
    Last day tomorrow...... A combination of hurrah and sadness.....
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Had a soak in the bath, got clothes ready for tomorrow and tidied the kitchen. Have sorted out my toenails and have a moisturising face mask on to try to perk me up a bit.

A colleague that I helped with an interview (she got the job!) bought me a bottle of prosecco, three bars of posh chocolate and a scented candle to say thank you today. I've done well as my cleaner in work, who I listen to pouring out her woes at least a few times a week, also gave me a lovely leaving card and a beautiful potted orchid today to say goodbye.
    Am currently nibbling on some chocolate watching recorded Corrie, looking forward to bedtime.....

Tomorrow, the children go home at lunchtime, then we have a staff bbq followed by leaving speeches etc. I should be out by 2pm, fingers crossed. Then it's the end of term do on a barge (!!) that we have to board by 6.30pm so I'll have time to come home, take the dog out for a good walk and keep him company for the afternoon before glamming up a bit and going out.
    I can't wait for Friday to come - a rest is overdue....
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sounds like it's still all go... but you have almost made it.
    I think that you moving on sounds as though it's going to be a good thing for you and OH. Long may that continue - although a bit rubbish about his car.
    Sorry also that your dad is so worried. Things always seem to land in a big lump at once, one thing after another when you can least deal with it.
    Enjoy your last day at work tomorrow - and have something off the BBQ for me. I still have another 2 to do.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Honeysucklelou2 Posts: 4,657 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The do on the barge sounds great fun. Have a lovely last day...and spare a thought for those of us who have 4 more work days to go!,
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Thank you Honeysuckle and Cat.
    Had a brilliant day yesterday with lots of gifts including a beautiful necklace and bracelet from the data team I manage and a gorgeous tan leather Radley handbag from my science team. I also got Selfridges vouchers from SLT, 7 bottles of wine and prosecco, smellies and a load of lovely stationery. It was like Xmas! OH did a lovely leaving speech for me and my two friends in the science team did a brilliant heartfelt and funny presentation. I was I tears for most of the morning !! I didn't realise how much people thought of me - I'll miss them all terribly.

The barge was fabulous - a disco, karaoke, food and lots of booze - really good fun where everyone totally let their hair down and it was particularly good that it was only us so no worries about teachers being seen out misbehaving and on the rampage! A genius idea.
    We went to a bar after it until midnight then home - worse for wear.
    Felt dreadful this morning but have perked up a bit now.

Going to do a couple of errands after lunch then I'm seeing OH. He's suffering today too so it will be a quiet one..... I'm getting too old for this boozing lark ;)
  • mumblingtaff
    edited 21 July 2018 at 1:43PM
    Options
    Morning ! I'm now fully recovered but a bit tired due to a poor nights sleep at OHs house. We'd had a snooze in the afternoon so I just wasn't tired enough to sleep properly in the night.
    He took me to the little local Greek restaurant for a late tea as a surprise leaving treat too - lovely food in a nice casual atmosphere - very thoughtful of him. How things have changed...... in a good way!

I have lots of little jobs to get through this morning to get organised.

1. Pick up dog tablets from the vet - done
    2. Pick up my repeat prescription from the chemist (very helpful doctor's receptionist sorted it for me yesterday) - done
    3. Buy toiletries and suntan lotion for holidays - done
    4. Buy dog supplies for his holidays with my mum - done
    5. Get some euros - done
    6. 2 loads of washing - done
    7. Hoover and dust whole house done
    8. Tidy away all the stuff I've brought home from work, including all my lovely presents - done
    9. Get suitcase down from the attic
    10. Phone dad when he's home from golf (it's his birthday) - done

In addition to that lot I need to take the dog to the park for a good run around and then if I have the energy go for a run.

Better get started.....
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Having a little rest - have done all the chores and errands and just got the gift unpacking and tidying to go.
    Actually had a lovely time doing the cleaning listening to 90s dance music and giving it a bit of welly! Glad nobody could see me ;) but I now have a spotlessly clean house and feel better about life...... Used up a load of almost finished cleaning products too so a bit of decluttering done in the process.

Spent a fortune in tescos on holiday toiletries and suntan lotion etc, 3 books and a black bikini and flip flops - will transfer the money from the holiday account in a minute.

Grocery wise, I only bought bread and cheese as I'm using up everything that's in for the next couple of days, don't want to be chucking out food from overbuying. I also got all the dog's supplies for his holiday at my mum's - he eats better than me! Both our medications are also safely picked up and paid for too.

I'm thinking of driving to Wales to drop him off tomorrow (had arranged to meet mum halfway on Monday) and staying overnight. It's dads birthday today and in the circumstances it would be good to see him - he's off on a golfing trip today so there was no point in going until tomorrow. I have a hair appointment on Tuesday so need to be back on Monday. Will see how I feel later on and surprise them tomorrow - if you mention anything to my mum it's the law and it must happen so I'm not going to prewarn them just turn up. ;)

I'm also attempting washing the couple of older suits that are machine washable rather than chucking them out or forking out a fortune on dry cleaning, it's not the end of the world if it doesn't work out well but they would be extra ones if they wash well. I'll do the dry cleaning of the others after the holiday.

Just going to do the banking and then have some lunch, feel like I've got a lot done this morning.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure