PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Crowdpleaser
    Crowdpleaser Posts: 1,277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hubs and skids are having chicken fajitas.

I'm having leftover roast lamb, roast spuds, mashed Swede and carrots.
  • Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    Basic cauliflower cheese with some roasted tomatoes and stir fried greens with garlic & chilli. Can’t be bothered doing the Ottolenghi version which would be nicer but as I said.... can’t be bothered.

Was at home for lunch so had a BLT. Made with some toasted sourdough a thick slice of smoked bacon and a slice beef tomato with the really green outer leaves of an iceberg lettuce .... topped with a smearing of homemade mayonnaise and twists of black pepper. Luckily only had 1 slice of bacon left as I might have had 2 sandwiches =8O
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Chicken curry and rice tonight, the one I accidentally defrosted yesterday. Same tomorrow to use up the other half.

^^ this

It was ok but kinda glad that's that done now. Not sure what tomorrow is, I bought some spinach today as had a hankering for some and planning to actually make that lasagne but I might have some sauteed with some fried sliced potatoes and the other no bull burger tomorrow. Still trying to limit the food shopping and use things up atm.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Out with work, carvery. There was a root vegetable bake that I'm going to try to make at home, it was just layers of parsnip, squash, onions and sweet potato in a vegetable stock finished with potato slices and baked and browned. It was very tasty.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    About to put beef bones in SC for the day, also bought some lamb bones now in freezer. Bought YS corned beef hash and a YS mac n cheese, one for tonight the other tomorrow so not in freezer but the YS chineese chicken and dip has gone in. Moroccan stew was quite nice, may make again as I have the spices and can be made with any meat. Off to peel onion/chop carrot/start broth.
  • Crowdpleaser
    Crowdpleaser Posts: 1,277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vegetable risotto for me and hubs. Freezer dive of something breaded for skids.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Worked the morning in DD1s garden, HWK was digging the veg bed and got so hungry that we called at the garden centre on the way home and he had steak and ale pie, chips and peas and I had an omelette, chips and salad so supper will be something much lighter tonight probably some home made soup and toast.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Not sure what tomorrow is, I bought some spinach today as had a hankering for some and planning to actually make that lasagne but I might have some sauteed with some fried sliced potatoes and the other no bull burger tomorrow. Still trying to limit the food shopping and use things up atm.

^^ this - sticking to the plan. Another (albeit slim) box out of the freezer.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Seeing as my kitchen is in bits around me, I just doing home cooked, hand battered cod and chips

Be glad when the work is all over tbh
  • Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    Pan fried some cod loin in butter with panko. Eaten with petit pois and crushed potato’s with a splodge of tomato ketchup.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback