Frump to Fab 2019 - Here We Go Again

Options

Comments

• vodkawitch11
    Options
    I went to the pool yesterday but like a few others breaststroke hurts my knees so I just march up and down in the water,good for the thighs and calf muscles apparently. Hate front crawl as I can`t do it right and almost drown myself :).
    Went in the jacuzzi and sauna too, heaven.
    I have walked 16 miles this week so thats now 29 miles total so far for January, I`m happy with that. I did want to do 20 a week but finding that hard to acheive so think Iwill aim for 15 a week.
    Let my hair colour grow out then had hair cut short so its totally grey now, I am happy with it though my little neices say I have grandma hair :)

Keep fabbing everyone.
    Save more - Travel more

`TAKE NOTHING BUT PHOTO`S - LEAVE NOTHING BUT FOOTPRINTS`
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Back again.:)

That's impressive walking vodkawitch. I think you're right to lower your target. There might be weeks when you can exceed it but I don't think we should be too hard on ourselves. I'd said I wanted to get some fresh air/exercise in every day but it's not proving possible. On the other hand I did about 2 hours of dancing on Saturday with just a short supper break so it's balancing out. It's just daily is difficult.

Yesterday we had an unexpected day out. DH had bought a delicate model on Ebay which had to be collected and he asked me to go with him. It involved a 300+ mile round trip half way across the country!:eek: Purchase collected, we stopped off at a NT property, had a look around (not fully open unfortunately being off season) and then had lunch in the NT caf! which ensured something healthy.

Visas for India are now granted so just clothes to sort and I need to look up flight check in procedure as it seems 100% online self check in these days.

I've done all my fabbing routines for today and pleased to say my nails are looking good and growing nicely. Tonight it's my art lecture and this month is Canaletto. His paintings are quite distinctive. Not sure if it'll be just the Venetian ones or more general including the ones he did in London. I might manage a walk too as it's held in a university lecture theatre which is only about a mile away so I might walk home. I'll need to think which shoes I wear!:D

I've got a busy week coming up too but determined to start my next book and make a few notes on the one I just finished. These two are library books but, in the spirit of decluttering, I should read some of the others that I have at home and then regift them to the CS.

Glorious, sunny morning here. The more of these lovely days we have the shorter the winter becomes. :D
  • seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Posts: 36,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 14 January 2019 at 1:28PM
    Options
    Glad your husband is slightly better humpty. May he have many 'good' days in the future.

My husband is 70 on Wednesday. I have bought him a selection box of whiskies, with a little measure and a nice glass. I have also bought him a Pink Floyd tee shirt for gigging and an Old Guys Rule tee shirt too, he loves their logos.

This one: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41UNt7ybCbL.jpg
    which is a play on Star Wars and 'may the Force be with you'

He already has this one: https://www.genesissurfshop.com/guys-rule-dark-side-shed-plank-floored-shirt-black-p-6300.html
    which is a play on 'Dark Side of The Moon' by Pink Floyd

He likes Star Wars and Pink Floyd and also has three sheds, so very appropriate.

I am also probably going to get him a bouquet of helium balloons too :)
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I had the ear candling done today. The woman was saying that it is good to combine it with acupuncture too and that they had an offer on for 10 sessions for £250. My husband's work refund me for annual treatments up to £250 so that was lucky.:)

I've got to book it this week to get the offer so I will go back there tomorrow to do that.

I bought a face pack and an eyebrow pencil and I looked in the charity shops and bought a black waterfall cardigan and a red handbag. Nice day out.:A

I forgot to buy loo roll so might have to go out again.:rotfl:
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    I had the ear candling done today. The woman was saying that it is good to combine it with acupuncture too and that they had an offer on for 10 sessions for £250. My husband's work refund me for annual treatments up to £250 so that was lucky.:)

I've got to book it this week to get the offer so I will go back there tomorrow to do that.

I bought a face pack and an eyebrow pencil and I looked in the charity shops and bought a black waterfall cardigan and a red handbag. Nice day out.:A

I forgot to buy loo roll
    so might have to go out again.:rotfl:

Just as well you remembered the essentials then :)
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • Wednesday2000
    Options

I know! I just had to go back out again in the rain.:D
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Humpty I am glad that your husband is having a relatively good day and at last you are feeling better. :)

With regards to cold sores I have found that the Superdrug cold sore ointment has the same composition as Zovirax, but is much cheaper to buy. The best thing for a cold sore in my personal experience is Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Spot Wand. It is an absolute revelation for cold sores. I have had no more visible cold sores since I discovered that this spot wand is incredible at getting rid of cold sores before they can fully develop. Once I get that tingling feeling near my mouth or lip, that heralds the advent of a cold sore or a tiny cold sore, then I will apply Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel spot wand and it will vanish within 24 hours of continuous dabbing with the spot wand. :T It is far more effective than any cold sore ointments, including Zovirax for very quick results. :D

LL well done on your decluttering this weekend and your charity shop finds.

My new shaker bed and trundle flat packs were delivered today. :D
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

Ha ha Wednesday...that's my usual trick. That's a great offer for acupuncture and ear candling.

Anyway, Hello again. Just back from the dentists, two small fillings and a scale and polish, so not too bad. I have only been seeing this one for a couple of years since my previous dentist retired. She is very young so can't have been qualified long but I have to say she is very impressive, both quick and gentle. I will admit I am a coward when it comes to dental work and I was apprehensive when my old dentist retired. But I neednt have worried, this one is a gem. It was over and done with in no time and almost painless.

Still haven't made a decision about my long term treatment .......I'm being a bit of an ostrich........I'm not in pain so I'm ignoring the issue. But the more I think about the ramifications of getting treatment abroad the more I'm inclined to stick with my current practice. I'll just have to think about my finances, which to do first, new kitchen or dental work. :rotfl:

I dropped some stuff off at the chazzer and had a browse. Whilst I was browsing they were unpacking the bag. I could hear a lot of oohs and ahhhs and oh I like that. One of the ladies came out and said thank you so much, you've bought in some lovely things. (Nice to know They think I have got good taste........:rotfl:). She asked if it would be ok to put one of my handbags on eBay because she thought it might fetch a bit. Nice of them to ask.

Anyway I was in luck again today - picked up some as new Dunhelm curtains, a pale silky duck egg blue, patio door size £2.99 the pair, perfect for when I've decorated the dining room. A pretty embroidered silky table runner £1.99 and a new large cafetière 2.99. Less than £8 the lot. The curtains alone would have been around £60 at least. So good karma coming my way.

I was tempted by a nice cream trenchcoat but as I already have one I thought it a but silly, although the one in the shop did have a nice warm lining. Somehow I lost the lining to mine so mine is really summer wear only. I might go back on Wednesday when I'm that way again and if it's still there I might just invest, especially if it's a smaller size than my current one.

Yes I'm being that optimistic about finally tackling my weight. I am absolutely determined to shed the blubber this year, for once and for all, if only to reverse my diabetes. I absolutely will not follow in my poor mum's footsteps.

Oh well better finish putting the shopping away and get the dinner on.
  • humptydumptybits
    Options
    I think my body isn't good with any virus in the herpes family, so I had chicken pox very badly as a child, suffered since I was 3 with cold sores and get them quite badly and until the last 4 or 5 years I used to get them several times a year and of course the joys of shingles which I've had more than once. Apparently some people never get actual sores even though they have the virus. It isn't as if my immune system is poor generally but it obviously is a bit lacking in this area.

Maman glad you got the visas sorted.

Other people probably wouldn't recognise DHs good days as very good but your expectations change with time.
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,400 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Finally got round to wearing a new lipstick today that I got in dec. thought it might have been a bit mad for work but wore it anyway. Apparently not as a colleague told me it was lovely. Getting nails done on weds, off to the spa on thurs for two nights. Intend on spending my time in the gym and pool. Taking a book with me too. Going to join Maman in a book a month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure