“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I feel a bit bad if I try to change her mind. Maybe I should do a small party at home and then do a cheaper day out?

If it was for DS it wouldn't be a problem, while he has a lot of friends he has a smaller circle of really good friends (6 or 7 of them) Where as DD just loves and is loved by everyone and understandably can't choose just 1 or 2.

I have planned in expenses for a day out etc as I didn't use the Xmas budget at Xmas but I don't want to waste the little we have on 1 hour play somewhere.

I'm not moaning by the way. Party/no party not the end of the world. Just nice to get my thoughts out x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    We used to have a halloween party at home for DS3's as he had an October birthday, and he had about eight friends he invited.

It was chaos, but fairly cheap and they all loved it. Cheap food, silly games, plus a balloon, slice of cake and £ shop toys in a party bag :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    WF my DGS has been invited to a craft party , he will be making something and bringing it home. That’s something you could definitely do but at home with your DD , then party food after. DS could then have his day out. Just a thought as I know your kids like crafting .
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    A craft party sounds a brilliant idea, you'd be very good at that and could do some low cost party food :). You don't have to put expensive things in the party bags.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Oh a craft party sounds brilliant! Definitely something DD and her friends would love. I asked at school today about their hall and its £60. I'm considering just doing it at home. Even more so now I like the craft idea.

Food we'd just need bread and juice maybe crisps/sweets? I have everything to make everything else. I will be making her cake anyway and have the things I need (for all of their cakes)
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Morning :D

Friday again. I'm glad! I have another day running round for everyone. Ever feel like you're being pulled in every direction to help everyone yet when you need help no one's there? Speaking to smalls Dad last night and he said I need to start saying No! I might not be at work but that doesn't mean I can do everything for others. Today involved dropping smalls into school, going home and swapping washing. Packed youngest up come to mums why I wait for a carpet fitter. After the carpet is done I have a meeting at school. Then a Dr appointments at 11.30. Then I'll go home drop youngest things of and pick up the bag for afternoon for her. Go to my sisters let her puppy out and clean up. Go home organise dinner, pick smalls up and straight on to a respiratory appointment. Hopefully be back home by 6!

Least I'm able to help though, I guess I'm luckier than others.

Dinner tonight will be Chilli I think I have some mince to use and then I can add the leftovers to the freezer for quick dinners :o
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    You've got a busy day Wannabe :eek:, I don't know how you found the time to go to work!
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    I feel like everyone needs me and there isn't enough of me to go round :rotfl:

Yesterday was similar. I agreed to help my sister with the Dog but only as and when I can. However now it seems to be expected I will go everyday! Which I know isn't hard work but its a 35 minute walk to their house to see to the dog and then 35 minute walk back! It seems to take a huge chunk of my day :o
  • Little_Two
    Options
    You are such a kind person and obviously want to help your sister. You will have to see how you get on in the first week and then assess the situation. Will you have to take Little Girl with you? The very cold might not be good for her chest. Best wishes, you are doing so well!
    :T
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    You need to say no to your sister.

You're very kind. It makes you a lovely person but people take advantage of your good nature.

Put your children and yourself before your sister's dog Wannabe :).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure