“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Afternoon. Awful long night with youngest. She didn't settle till nearly 7am! I'm so tired and feeling low today.

I feel like a total MSE failure. I booked the kids a party :o It's £135 pay on the day. They are having a joint party something they both like and I don't need strangers coming to my house :o It was already playing on my mind I have people I didn't know coming etc and it's a really big issue for me. I have time to save for it between surveys and being careful. The only thing I have to provide is the cake. So no other cost. I might make sweet/popcorn cones instead of party bags though.

I feel like I broke all the MSE ways but deepdown it's worth it to me.

I'm waiting for the dryer to finish with the last load of bedding in then I'm hoping to get some peace on the sofa while youngest naps and the other two are on a day out with DD's friend.
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    W if it makes life easier for you & the kids will enjoy it then it’s worth it. Nobody is going to begrudge you or the kids that. :)

Hope youngest sleeps better tonight & you can get some rest throughout the day.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    WF - someone correct me if I'm wrong but there is no one right MSE way, it's what is right for you and your circumstances. Don't feel an MSE failure, you've come so far and done amazingly well. Enjoy the party with your children. Great idea for popcorn cones :)
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,323 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You're not a MSE failure because you booked a party. To be honest I think £135 all in is pretty good for a party for 3 kids. When mine were little they used to have parties at McD's or Pizza Hut and it cost a bomb, expspecially as their birthdays were so close together, one just before Christmas, one just after.

Hope you get a better night tonight and some rest today xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dont be feeling like a MSE failure Mrs, flipping heck I go over on my shopping every month without fail :rotfl:.

Ive bought those sweet cones from eBay in the past and I'm pretty sure you will find them in £ shops too. No point buying tat that only ends up in the bin anyway!!! Yes I've been the one to buy tat too in the past! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• WannabeFree
    Options
    Thank you I felt really lazy booking somewhere :o But I'm one survey from cashout on Yougov so that will be £50 in before its needed and I expect I'll get at least something from PA and panelbase.

I really don't like visitors :o Even family :o

Plus if youngest was poorly or anything it would just be too much.

I have some things to list on Ebay too so that will help
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Getting peace didn't happen, I ended up cleaning the square out back. It started by me just sweeping and cleaning outside mine and then spread to the whole square. It really annoys me that I'm the only one who does it! :mad: Anyway looks much better again for 5 minutes.

Soup bubbling away with the fridge ends. Tacos for dinner for the smalls and we will pop some corn and have our camp out tonight. Wonder what they'll decide to watch this time :cool:
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,062 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I think if that £135 buys you more peace of mind, then it's well worth it. And as you say, you may need quiet space at home for your youngest as well as for yourself... and at the end of the day you won't have a messy home once the guests have gone. :)

Enjoy the camping! It sounds like a lot of fun. Are you joining in? If so I hope you get sleep somewhere along the line.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    We all have different things that we think are worth spending money on, so it's money well spent if it buys you peace of mind. Peace of mind is priceless.

So don't feel bad Wannabe, you did the right thing :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Hello again :cool:

Third time lucky maybe? Who knows. I am still very much sulking.

I won't do the huge opening post, I'm sure by now you all know who I am and what debt's have been and whats been done. Those who don't well its long and boring really :rotfl:

For new readers. There's Me, DS (8), DD (6) and youngest DD (3) and a crazy dog.

I love lists .. and cleaning! [STRIKE]Very[/STRIKE] Bit boring.

The main focus of my debt busting this year is Council Tax £1350 outstanding and Rent arrears around £2900ish maybe? I will get a true figure soon along with the outstanding court costs.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback