“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    As much I hate to agree with your exOH... you do, sometimes, need to say NO!

In my line of work it is vitally important not to over-stretch yourself (a VERY difficult task, believe me...) you need to know when to say NO (or that it cannot be done until...)

When you already have so much to do it can just make things more difficult.

Always try and get some re-charge time, time to yourself...

(((((HUGS)))))
    :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's been a few weeks (just before Xmas) but they where away and off work etc so it wasn't everyday. I think it's catching up :o I'm tired :rotfl:

Carpet fitters have only just arrived. I hope they are quick and done before I need to leave for my appointment :eek:

Sent £226.14 to the rent. It won't have made much difference to the debt though. Need to call up and get a true figure along with how much the court costs are too.
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Finally home from appointment. 20 mins to have a cuppa and get ready to head to my sisters. Need to remember the gas and electric cards so I can top up. I cannot forget again :o

DS must be managing at school as I haven't had a phonecall yet. I think he's tired and the first week back after being off is always a shock. Early baths and bed tonight. They've been asking to 'camp out' in the living room for weeks. I might change dinner to pizza and things, make some popcorn and have a camp out in the living room with a movie.
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Little_Two
    Options
    Wannabe, you are a terrific Mum, you always think of such fun things to do with your children! The world could do with more like you!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I agree with little two, sounds like so much fun! We used to have 'carpet picnics' growing up at my aunt's house where we'd put a blanket on the floor and eat pizza and watch a film.... Fond fond memories! (Also a random memory popping up of having a dreadful chest infection and being allowed to stay up and watch the Matrix once....) thanks for jogging my memory!!!
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Ah thank you I like to try my best :o I still feel I could do more though :o

We are camping out in the living room tomorrow. The older two decided they where to tired for a movie tonight. They had dinner, bath and straight into bed and asleep :eek:

I hope the weathers dry tomorrow so we can get out somewhere.

I'd done all the cleaning and things ready for the movie night so I could sit and watch with them. So now I have nothing to do :rotfl: I will iron the uniform when its dry but other than that I'm going to make a cuppa and read.

x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,334 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Craft party sounds good.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Phew glad you survived your busy day WF!

Re sisters dog I know you want to help out but she decided to get the dog not you. Dogs are a big responsibility!

Have a great weekend xx
    Mummytogirls x

• earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi wannabe,
    Crafty paty at home sounds good. I do our parties at home or at a free place (local forest or something). Hall cost too expensive.

You can't help with the dog all the time, that's a massive chunk of your day.

My diary was deleted (think due to the title?) I was gutted, but missed it so I have a new one. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5774487
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Thanks all x

I wondered where you'd gone EG, will pop over x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback