Pastdue Credit Solutions

Options

Comments

• Peachpiano
    Options
    I just want to thank everyone for all the posts about this company. Past Due Credit Solutions were chasing my mother in law (over 80 and in a care home) for an amount, that they say was due to an electricity company attributed to her old home address. This house was sold several years ago, and I know for a fact we settled all utility bills before handing over the keys to a new owner. Unfortunately all utility bills were thrown out a few months ago.

In all, we received 4 letters from PDCS. The first asked for £247.70, and then they kindly (ha ha) said they would accept £173.39. Where do they get these figures from?!

We ignored all letters as our conscience was clear, and they seem to have dropped harassing my MIL. This company may be legal, but they are vultures. I can only assume that during the handover of ownership of her house, the electricity company computer at some stage was "baffled" by the change of ownership and there was a glitch in their system.

There is no doubt that if we had not been looking after her finances, she would have paid them. This company is targeting vulnerable people, and it is on the border line of legality if you ask me.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    peachpiano wrote: »
    I just want to thank everyone for all the posts about this company. Past Due Credit Solutions were chasing my mother in law (over 80 and in a care home) for an amount, that they say was due to an electricity company attributed to her old home address. This house was sold several years ago, and I know for a fact we settled all utility bills before handing over the keys to a new owner. Unfortunately all utility bills were thrown out a few months ago.

In all, we received 4 letters from PDCS. The first asked for £247.70, and then they kindly (ha ha) said they would accept £173.39. Where do they get these figures from?!

We ignored all letters as our conscience was clear, and they seem to have dropped harassing my MIL. This company may be legal, but they are vultures. I can only assume that during the handover of ownership of her house, the electricity company computer at some stage was "baffled" by the change of ownership and there was a glitch in their system.

There is no doubt that if we had not been looking after her finances, she would have paid them. This company is targeting vulnerable people, and it is on the border line of legality if you ask me.

They may of gone quiet for now, but unless you put the matter to bed once and for all, its likely they will be back, they revisit unpaid accounts on a regular basis.

You should really challenge them to prove there claims, and tell them you dispute what there saying, otherwise you do risk a CCJ by default.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Paw987
    Options
    I experienced harassment from them regarding overpaid tax credits.
    I called their bluff and in a complaint to them I told them I would be happy to be taken to court by them and would have plenty to say in court.
    I never heard from them again.
    When they 'buy debts' they don't have this power to take people to court because they are not the creditor.
  • sourcrates
    edited 5 January 2017 at 2:00PM
    Options
    Paw987 wrote: »
    I experienced harassment from them regarding overpaid tax credits.
    I called their bluff and in a complaint to them I told them I would be happy to be taken to court by them and would have plenty to say in court.
    I never heard from them again.
    When they 'buy debts' they don't have this power to take people to court because they are not the creditor.

Sadly they inherit all rights and privileges of the original creditor, so they can take you to court quite easily.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • gurmeet1967
    Options
    Hi
    I also had received teh similar letter from pastdue. It says huge amount due from SSE and mentions the address i rented 14 year before. i had cleared all bills, but don't have any document right now. Please advise. Also, will it effect my credit history?
    regards
  • sourcrates
    Options
    Hi
    I also had received teh similar letter from pastdue. It says huge amount due from SSE and mentions the address i rented 14 year before. i had cleared all bills, but don't have any document right now. Please advise. Also, will it effect my credit history?
    regards

Hi,

After 14 years the debt would be statute barred under the Limitations act 1980.

That means they cannot use the courts to pursue this debt.

A simple letter stating this is all that's needed.

Link to template letter here :

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/sampleletters/Pages/Time-has-run-out-to-recover-the-debt-%28sole-name%29.aspx
  • gurmeet1967
    Options
    Thanks for your advice!
  • Anne4312
    Options
    Hi

I received a letter from pastdue yesterday. It was addressed to me, but at my partners address. I have no idea how they got this address, because I've only just moved in and only registered to pay council tax on Friday.

They have said that I owe £294 to HMRC regarding Class 2 National Insurance contributions. Up until six weeks ago, I was firstly receiving ESA and then unemployment benefit, so not sure how I could even owe this money to start with.

Should I contact HMRC first (with the hope they answer the phone), or should I send a letter to pastdue asking for evidence of the debt?

Thanks - I feel awful receiving this letter at my partners address :(
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Anne4312 wrote: »
    Hi

I received a letter from pastdue yesterday. It was addressed to me, but at my partners address. I have no idea how they got this address, because I've only just moved in and only registered to pay council tax on Friday.

They have said that I owe £294 to HMRC regarding Class 2 National Insurance contributions. Up until six weeks ago, I was firstly receiving ESA and then unemployment benefit, so not sure how I could even owe this money to start with.

Should I contact HMRC first (with the hope they answer the phone), or should I send a letter to pastdue asking for evidence of the debt?

Thanks - I feel awful receiving this letter at my partners address :(

That's over 100 weeks of self-employed NI contributions.

Have you been self employed?

Did you pay for a class 2 stamp?

Did you earn more than £5,965 a year ?
  • VioletSkyblue
    VioletSkyblue Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 January 2017 at 12:13AM
    Options
    My partnet just got a letter from this company today regarding an outstanding BT debt. Long Story Short: We had a 1 year BT contract started in november 2015 and gave us nothing but problems.

We called many times during the year to solve the problems of bad connection and the customer service wasn't helpful at all. After insisting a lot, they managed to send 2 engineers who couldn't fix it and then when we faced them saying that we were not paying a fair amount for the lack of service they provided, mentioning that my partner works online and needs a stable connection and their service was costing us money but they still didn't give a crap about that.

In the end since we were moving home and they told us that by moving to another address, our contract would automatically renew for another year, we decided to close the account on the 10th month. By doing they asked us to pay the amount of the 2 remaining months plus a fee, which we did complain about initially but in the end got so irritated by their incompetence and stubborness that we gave them my credit card details over the phone and thought it would end there.

In november they called my partner complaining about money not being paid to which he replied that they we gave them my credit card details and they accepted it therefore it is over and done, however I then went back on my statement and for some reason they didn't take the money but we did not state that to them. Now Past Due Solutions is chasing my partner for this debt of £145 pound + 35 of fees and I would really like not to pay it since they have given us nothing but trouble and costed us loads of money as my partner couldn't use internet to work for many days due to their faulty service.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure