Cheap Florida Theme Parks Article Discussion

Options

Comments

• bennettp23
    bennettp23 Posts: 16 Forumite
    edited 25 June 2014 at 2:09PM
    Options
    Hi,

I'm looking at buying Orlando theme park tickets. We are there in August 9-23. Two adults and two kids. Never been before so I am baffled. We are staying in a villa on Windsor Park with a hire car.

Spent hours looking already! We want WDW, Universal and SeaWorld (not sure if we want to include BG???).

The Park-hopper (Only 9 days WDW but I think this would be fine with having to visit the other parks) at £1704. Less £5 MSE offer (thanks :))

Any opinions on the value of this?

They also give you the option to add wet'n'wild for £10 each, any comments on that? There are already water parks included so not sure if it is required?

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks,

Paul.
  • pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bennettp23 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking at buying Orlando theme park tickets. We are there in August 9-23. Two adults and two kids. Never been before so I am baffled. We are staying in a villa on Windsor Park with a hire car.

Spent hours looking already! We want WDW, Universal and SeaWorld (not sure if we want to include BG???).

The Park-hopper (Only 9 days WDW but I think this would be fine with having to visit the other parks) at £1704. Less £5 MSE offer (thanks :))

Any opinions on the value of this?

They also give you the option to add wet'n'wild for £10 each, any comments on that? There are already water parks included so not sure if it is required?

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks,

Paul.

Not been for a few years but we are off the day you come back and have been researching prices. We are looking at adult tix and a 14 day Disney is £260 14 Day Universal for £110 and SeaWorld, Aquatica and Busch for £80, Busch is "free" on this ticket, so seems to be £80 for 2 or 3 parks.

I realise you are looking for different numbers of days and kids tix too but there isn't an awful lot of difference betwen the prices.

A good place to search is HERE. At the top of the page is a yellow post it note with links to various sellers. Some offer free tickets to Legoland but seem a bit dearer, another a 30 min airboat ride etc. confusing but worth a look.

Last time we went was a similar time to you and it was really hot and humid, so bear that in mind and try to plan in some relaxation time, maybe pop back to the villa for a chill as the parks do get almost unbearable around mid-day early afternoon.
  • Hayzhog
    Hayzhog Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Myself and a group of friends purchased our tickets through orlandoattractiontickets.co.uk so far out of 6 of us 4 people have had fraud on the cards we used to make the purchases. Be wary
    Why does cling film always stick to itself but never what you want it too???
  • W1zz
    W1zz Posts: 620 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hayzhog wrote: »
    Myself and a group of friends purchased our tickets through orlandoattractiontickets.co.uk so far out of 6 of us 4 people have had fraud on the cards we used to make the purchases. Be wary

What do you mean by fraud ? Unauthorized purchases / transactions or just that the card company has been in touch and asked to verify recent activity?
  • BargainFan
    BargainFan Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 25 November 2014 at 2:05AM
    Options
    Hi
    Earlier this year I purchased Universal tickets from Orlando Attraction Tickets (I had issues purchasing them online so had to call their helpline who cancelled my online purchase and took payment over the phone).

Our departure date loomed and tickets still hadn't arrived so I contacted Orlando Attraction Tickets (a little nervous as MSE page warned this isn't an official seller). The helpline staff were wonderful and immediately reissued the tickets and had them couriered to us. They arrived promptly and worked just fine.

BUT... shortly after this I found that my credit card security had been compromised (by which I mean the credit card company called me and I recognised a number of fraudulent transactions). I recalled that when I had issues with online ordering the second time I opened the form it had 'stored' my credit card details (including my security code) and was automatically suggesting these.

I did mention this to the Helpline staff but they said I should change my browser's settings (ie not their website's problem).

I've just gone back to the payment page and there's no security padlock on the address bar as you'd expect (I'm so used to this being there that I hadn't checked previously...)

I'm no techie so maybe this isn't a security issue and this was just a coincidence...but I've contacted the company to let them know about it.

Any thoughts?
  • BargainFan
    Options
    Hayzhog wrote: »

Thanks Hayzhog...pity we didn't see this before we ordered!
  • Annie_C_2
    Options
    Orlando attractions have best value park tickets...excellent service too and real tickets
  • Sheilz2009
    Options
    Has anyone else had problems with their credit cards after booking tickets with orlando attraction tickets.I was thinking about getting tickets from them
  • utigers
    utigers Posts: 221 Forumite
    edited 28 June 2015 at 9:18AM
    Options
    Can you 'share' any of these tickets/packages between 2 different families?

Was looking at both 14 day packages for WDW and the Seaworld/Busch ones?

Plus a trip to Legoland?
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    When you initialise the tickets at the parks they take your fingerprint. From then on you have to present the ticket and the machine checks your fingerprint. Both must match otherwise you don't get in
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback