Bulb Energy Reviews: Give your feedback on the energy supplier

Options

Comments

• JerryW
    JerryW Posts: 296 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Geelopy wrote: »
    I am stuck with bulb. No-one else will want to take on their faulty smart meters.
    So I can't switch to a cheaper supplier now.

Don't panic! I am in process of switching from Bulb to Green Energy and nobody has so much as mentioned smart meters.

My switch is purely on cost grounds, Bulb have been perfect..
    If what I said helped you, please "Thank" the relevant post. It cheers me up somewhat..
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    I've mailed Bulb with a query, still waiting for an answer after a week.
    Recently had a smart meter put in by Siemans and all seemed well. I then had my first bill which showed the meter reading for the electricity but an estimate for the gas. I can't get an answer as to why this is. Also the electricity shows cost in £/p and only kw/h for the gas. I have tried everything in the book to change this and also restarted the meter, to no avail. I wonder if the 2 are connected in any way.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm still waiting for a proper reply from them from mid December , did get a sort of reply via online chat via the bulb app.

I'm refusing smart meters on a mandatory "end of life" electric meter replacement.

Reading multiple threads on their own support forum it's not unusual to wait ages for replies .

It's also not unusual to have problems like yours with their smart meters
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • pchelpman
    pchelpman Posts: 1,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Not needed to phone them for a long while but has anyone tried calling them on 0300 303 0635 to fix problems?
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    40-50 minutes waiting on phone on average

I was up to 70 minutes wait via online chat .

They are dire at the moment
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • SpanishBlue
    Options
    Just looking at their own forum, people having problems with Smart meters is a huge problem for them.

I will not switch to Smart meters until I switch away from Bulb, which could well be quite soon, as they are no longer competitive.

Remember their promise - "We promise we’ll automatically add £10 to a member’s account whenever they have to wait longer than 5 minutes for us to pick up the phone or 5 working days for a response to an email."

https://bulb.co.uk/blog/our-swear-jar-keeping-our-phone-and-email-wait-time-promise
  • pchelpman
    pchelpman Posts: 1,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry Browntoa - didn't know they were that bad. They were always much quicker to answer in the past
  • harrys66
    harrys66 Posts: 99 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Their directors were very anti-brexit .... I think they have decided to expand into USA with a probable exit strategy for the UK.

They have become *very* uncompetetive on their gas tariff, but looks like they will try to maximise winter UK gas payers revenue to fund there USA expansion !!

PS I'm neither anti or pro brexit :)
  • billhunt
    Options
    I had a great experience with bulb when I was a customer. But I was absolutely dumbfounded when they handed ‘an outstanding amount’ to a debt collection agency when I moved house, without making any attempt to contact me first.

It turns out there was no amount outstanding – this was 100% bulb’s mistake – as I had provided the final meter readings on the day I moved out (which was the same day the new tenants moved in).

I am disgusted that a company that prides itself on its friendly customer service and jaunty irreverent tone of communication in their marketing should immediately resort to ‘sending in the heavies’ for the paltry sum of £30 without checking their records first, knowing the distress and stress this is likely to cause.

An extremely disappointing experience with a company I held in very high regard – which will, of course, be ruled out as an option as my future energy supplier.
  • wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,117 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been with Bulb a year and don't use what they charge me for a direct debit but keep the credit in case there is a severe spell that means I need to use more gas.
    Once had an email to them that took weeks before they replied but without any action they paid me £10.
    I joined when my previous supplier wanted to charge me a winter and summer DD in which the winter DD would be my whole years use giving me a £500 credit over the summer. I've had no problems with them even when I told them my smart meter, supplied by BG, was doing a duel reading for the electric they switched the electric over so I could put in the two readings every month, this is now only giving one reading as somehow the second reading as stayed the same for over 4 months and the daily charge is at 0p, I think this is due to the previous supplier finally doing what they said they would do in July 2018.
    Someone please tell me what money is
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure