Whats your fav place to eat in tayside & fife?

Options
Ok,

I will start.

The Italian on Commercial Street in Dundee

http://www.dundeecitydirectory.com/italian/

restaurant.jpg
To be able under all circumstances to practice five things constitutes perfect virtue; these five things are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
Confucius

Comments

• mr.blonde
    mr.blonde Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    ooooh, love italian food.

We usually go to La Serie A in Perth for pasta. Also love Paco's for food with friends.

For a treat though, afternoon tea at Dunkeld House is excellent, and you don't even have to be over 60! Not very money saving though at £11 per person. ;)
  • kenshaz
    kenshaz Posts: 3,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Chez Jules Chester 2courses and a bottle of wine £15 each
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To be happy you need to make someone happy.[/FONT]
  • THE_MIDDLEMAN
    Options
    mr.blonde wrote:
    For a treat though, afternoon tea at Dunkeld House is excellent, and you don't even have to be over 60! Not very money saving though at £11 per person. ;)

is that the Hilton? been there in April on my Clubcard vouchers for Dinner Bed n Breakfast - WOW amazing food really amazing....

/goes to find more Clubcard Vouchers to turn into Deals....
    To be able under all circumstances to practice five things constitutes perfect virtue; these five things are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
    Confucius
  • mr.blonde
    mr.blonde Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    is that the Hilton? been there in April on my Clubcard vouchers for Dinner Bed n Breakfast - WOW amazing food really amazing....

/goes to find more Clubcard Vouchers to turn into Deals....

What? what? what? :eek:

I really must read all the stuff they send next time! I didn't even think about going there with Tesco points. We get so much more in points as well because we've got a baby who always needs things. (pesky babies!) All that money we've spent there too.....

Must try harder with this money saving thing!
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon tea at Gleneagles, again not cheap but a real treat :)

Crusoe Hotel in Lower Largo for fish and chips and a walk along the beach.
  • mclaren_2
    mclaren_2 Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    Options
    mcdonalds, kirkcaldy high street :D LOL!
    Never do things tomorow when you can do them today.
  • competitionscafe
    Options
    Peat Inn is a bit out of the way but worth the detour! :)

http://www.thepeatinn.co.uk/ourhome.htm

The Cellar in Anstruther is very good too.
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • Fifer
    Fifer Posts: 59,413 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We find the Peat Inn to be a wee bit over-rated and much prefer Ostler's Close in Cupar. We've been going for almost 25 years and have yet to be disappointed.

Other favourites: 'The Greenhouse' in Falkland (mid-priced), 'Luigano's' at the Covenanter's in Falkland (Italian/pizza, Fife's only wood-burning pizza oven I believe) and 'The Coachman's' at the Old Manor in London Links (inexpensive).
    There's love in this world for everyone. Every rascal and son of a gun.
    It's for the many and not the few. Be sure it's out there looking for you.
    In every town, in every state. In every house and every gate.
    Wth every precious smile you make. And every act of kindness.
    Micheal Marra, 1952 - 2012
  • competitionscafe
    Options
    Fifer wrote:
    We find the Peat Inn to be a wee bit over-rated and much prefer Ostler's Close in Cupar. We've been going for almost 25 years and have yet to be disappointed.

Must admit I have never heard of Ostler's Close but their menu looks great - will certainly give them a try next time I am up that way - thanks.

http://www.ostlersclose.co.uk/menu.htm
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • Anne_Marie_2
    Anne_Marie_2 Posts: 2,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Craws Nest, Anstruther
    https://www.crawsnesthotel.co.uk
    Hadn't been there for a long time, had a superb lunch there last week. Although it is mainly aimed at fish and seafood, which is the speciality of the area, had a superb pesto and sun dried tomato pasta with parmesan shavings, there were several other veggie options on the menu. For fish lovers, the fish dishes looked wonderful and apparently tasted as good as they looked.

Taychreggan Hotel, Ellislea Road, West Ferry, Dundee
    Beautifully cooked and well presented food - sorry couldn't find a website. Advised to book, even for lunch. Has a varied and extensive menu and caters for all. Had lovely lunch/dinner there - be prepared, the main course servings are very generous! If they have it on the menu, can strongly recommend the woodland mushroom and truffle oil risotto, also the mushroom and cream penne and..........

Paco's in Perth is great for lunch with the kids, or at night times with friends - does a great variety of food, so bound to be something for even the fussiest of eaters.

Glad to hear that the Cellar in Anstruther is still good, not been there for ages, but passed by just after having lunch at the Craws Nest - so will bear that in mind for next time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure