IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Successful complaints about private parking tickets - how to get them cancelled!

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A brilliant letter .. The Oldsage

That actually woke them up and as trisontana says, they were warned about Parking Eye.

What Asda will never know is ......

How many people have stopped spending money with them ???
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Great stuff!

Oldsage could you confirm here the right email addy for Asda's CEO or the team member who replied?

I can see now they've been stupid enough to move from non-litigious, 'easy-to-beat-at-POPLA' Smart Parking, to 'sue-the-pants-off customers' ParkingEye, we are going to need that email.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I am not tempted to ask at one of my near bt Asda's if I can have my reg added as I do visit some stores regularly ;)

Ralph:cool:
  • The_Oldsage
    Options
    Asda CEO sean.clarke@asda.co.uk

:cool:
    One life, get it lived :cool:
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Thanks, very useful to know it works!

Asda will regret moving from a non-litigious parking firm to a monstrous customer-suing machine. Myriddin said on another thread this week:
    ParkingEye are a Great White shark compared to Smart Parking's Dogfish!

Asda must be mad to have got into bed with ParkingEye. Jeez they only had to Google them.

Morrisons are getting their fingers burnt and are stuck with PE suing their hapless customers for years yet (they were daft enough to sign up to FIVE YEAR contracts with PE, who on earth sanctioned that with zero research?).
  • Ratle
    Ratle Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Original post subject: "TPS PCN to my old address - I was not driver," (won't allow me to post a link as I am too new!) Anyway basically I followed the help given by those who replied to my post and was fully successful. Sent off my appeal plus phoned Dunelm Mill whose manager guessed what I was calling for and offered to cancel the ticket with no explanation from myself. I was polite to her and she didn't ask for any info from me but offered a day parking ticket should I need to park for longer than the allowed 2 hours in future. Thanks all for your help!
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Morrisons always cancel ParkingEye PCNs, even with no receipt, anyone would think they regret the contract:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5576759

One email (or one tweet) needed. Email address there 'donotreply' DOES work every time for Morrisons HO to cancel.

HTH
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    How to get a Premier Park PCN cancelled at Park Tawe:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5573304

''...simply sent an email to the manager of Pets At Home (The car was parked outside the shop} and they took it from there, they contacted the company who manage the land on behalf of the land owners. CBRE Management Services Ltd, lynne.swift@cbrems.com is the person who emailed me to say it has been cancelled.''
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    How to get an Aldi (or most Supermarket) PCN cancelled:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5581404

Store Managers cancel these all the time.
  • loosegoose
    Options
    hi, I received a vcs pnc windscreen ticket yesterday for parking on private land, the driver was less than two minutes whilst delivering a parcel to one of the properties and returned to find a pcn with a £100 charge! iv read through some of the threads on here but would like some advice as where to start contesting this ticket, what do I have to do first? thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback