IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Successful complaints about private parking tickets - how to get them cancelled!

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Just shows it can be done and is a legitimate and very powerful way to kill a parking charge. The big problem is that many of the people turning up here are shrinking violets and would much prefer for a wand to be waived and magic dust sprinkled on their case by forum stalwarts. In the real world, it ain't going to happen.

Well done on your tenacity.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    ragnar wrote: »
    Received a PE PCN for the Marriott at Manchester Airport. Very annoyed as I had paid for the extra 3 hours on top of the complementary 3 hours but, by now, had thrown the ticket away and couldn't prove I'd paid.

Appealed to PE and got nowhere and then found this forum. As a result, I complained vociferously to customer.care@Marriott.com and the charge was cancelled within 48 hours!

All thanks to this forum :j

Thanks for this and for posting the email for Marriott Hotels, for such complaints.

:T
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • JB2003
    JB2003 Posts: 12 Forumite
    ParkingEye at Hospital...

hxxp://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72088200
  • Coupon-mad
    Email address to get Lidl to cancel an Athena 'PCN':

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5615802

And no, don't just use the Customer Service email addy on its own - the successes come where people email Lidl's CEO, this has been proven on threads again and again.
  • Coupon-mad
    Email address to get Aldi to cancel a ParkingEye threat of a PCN:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5616452&page=2

And no, don't just use the Customer Service email addy on its own - most successes come where people email CEOs; this has been proven on threads again and again.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Here's a case where FarmFoods intervened on behalf of a customer being bothered by ParkingEye.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72254632#post72254632
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • I had a Penalty Notice attached to my car for failing to park in a marked space in March 2017. The back car park was full so I joined a row of cars right at the back, against a fence, where there is lots of space but no white line markings. However there are also no 'No Parking' signs. I waited 26 days and copied the advised text for a BPA member to Indigo's appeal website (as an attachment as they don't leave enough space in the comments box), but added a paragraph saying there were no 'No Parking' signs, other cars were also parked there, I didn't cause an obstruction and paid for a full day's parking. I also said the penalty was unreasonable as there was no loss as I had already paid, and sent a copy of a receipt for parking that day. Within 48 hrs I had a reply saying my appeal was successful and the penalty had been cancelled.

I will still email London Modland as they need to either put up 'No Parking' signs or stop Indigo from issuing tickets at random as they please - I had parked there previously on 2 occasions without being given a ticket, so I believe they are accepting that it's OK to park there as 'custom & practice'. Many thanks for all the helpful posts - it was quite stressful getting the penalty notice in the first place!
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    PENALTY notice? Are you sure?
  • Coupon-mad
    Yes if it was a railway car park (London Midland Trains) Indigo do imitate a 'penalty' charge but as we know it's not a real one and POPLA would have kicked it out.
  • Sorry Penalty Charge I think were the actual words on it (not at home to check - have it pinned on my fridge 😊). & yes it was London Midlands rail car park.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback